Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Boise State fall ball updates

3 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

You guys have a great offense, no doubt. But dare I say that those players are “part of a system”. I guarantee you that if all three remain healthy, Evans, Hightower and Shakir will be in the NFL.

That system has put more receivers in the NFL than Boise St. Plus a 1st round draft choice.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

I have a feeling this thread is going to be bookmark worthy in another day or two...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

9 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Boise splits practices with the new players and veterans. I'm not sure if that's common for all schools.

It’s a great idea, but only lasts three or four days - then they’re all together as a team.  

On 8/3/2019 at 3:58 PM, Warbow said:

Quick question for you. What school has the most receptions, TD receptions, TD passes and passing yards returning?

The team that threw the ball more than any other team in the conference the previous year? I'm sensing there may be some sort of possible correlation, but will need a big-brained CSU fan to confirm.

6 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

The team that threw the ball more than any other team in the conference the previous year? I'm sensing there may be some sort of possible correlation, but will need a big-brained CSU fan to confirm.

Confirmed. You’re welcome. 

4 hours ago, RogueStout said:

You left off most interceptions.

Josh Allen was in the NFL last year.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

20 hours ago, SBBulldog85 said:

Exactly, we were looking for something a little more passive than the sheep, and we figured the Boise's WRs wouldn't squirm around as much..

I guess they are sick of your mother then?  I hear they get bored with the over eager ones...

12 minutes ago, SBBulldog85 said:

She really hasn't appeared that eager lately, since she has been dead for several years.

So go +++++ yourself...

I'll take that advice.  Much better than  +++++++ sheep after all.  (Unless you grew up in Fresno)

On 8/3/2019 at 12:34 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Evans, Hightower and Shakir very well be the best trio in the nation, P5 or G5. And then CT Thomas and some of the other guys coming off the bench. I fully expect all three of those guys to be NFL wide receivers. The embarrassment of riches is phenomenal!

Upon further review, I would be remiss if I did not mention that you gave yourself a cheers on your own post. 

On 8/3/2019 at 12:34 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Evans, Hightower and Shakir very well be the best trio in the nation, P5 or G5. 

That's not true for either P5 or G5.  They'll be good, but they aren't 'that' good.

Alabama returns their top 4 from last year:

• Jerry Jeudy (Biletnikoff Award Winner for the nations best WR) - 68 receptions, 1315 yards, 14 touchdowns
  • Jaylon Waddle - 45 receptions , 848 yards, 7 touchdowns
  • Henry Ruggs III - 46 receptions , 741 yards, 11 touchdowns
  • DeVonta Smith - 42 receptions , 693 yards, 6 touchdowns

Also, I'm not that impressed with Octavius Evans.  Sure, he's good in spring ball, but we heard that just about every year AJ Richardson was around.  And he didn't produce significantly until his senior year.  Same thing with guys like Geraldo Boldewijn back in the day.  He was 6'-4 and the fastest guy on the team with a ton of hype, but never had eye popping numbers.

53 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

That's not true for either P5 or G5.  They'll be good, but they aren't 'that' good.

Alabama returns their top 4 from last year:

• Jerry Jeudy (Biletnikoff Award Winner for the nations best WR) - 68 receptions, 1315 yards, 14 touchdowns
  • Jaylon Waddle - 45 receptions , 848 yards, 7 touchdowns
  • Henry Ruggs III - 46 receptions , 741 yards, 11 touchdowns
  • DeVonta Smith - 42 receptions , 693 yards, 6 touchdowns

Also, I'm not that impressed with Octavius Evans.  Sure, he's good in spring ball, but we heard that just about every year AJ Richardson was around.  And he didn't produce significantly until his senior year.  Same thing with guys like Geraldo Boldewijn back in the day.  He was 6'-4 and the fastest guy on the team with a ton of hype, but never had eye popping numbers.

Richardson and Geraldo never received the praise and hype Evans did.  Evans earned the #1 Jersey, that says a lot about what the coaches think about his talent.