Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Boise State fall ball updates

For those not interested, it's very easy to not click on this thread. For those interested, I'll try and use this thread. I wouldn't mind seeing other school update threads if anyone wants to start their team threads. 

Day 1:

-4**** RB George Holani was one of a small group of recruits that came for summer earlier than the rest in anticipation that they might play early. He impressed mightily all summer and did so again on Day 1. He continues to get praise from coaches and players. He and Bachmeier are the only two trFR that are participating with the veterans. It seems like a forgone conclusion that he'll play as a trFR. Boise splits practices with the new players and veterans. I'm not sure if that's common for all schools. 

-QB Cord's practice went as the coaches planned. He participated for most of the drills and then sat at the end. Harsin expects him to be going full time by the first scrimmage (day eight). 

-Octavius Evans continues to win the Twitter clip award. He's gunna be a monster: 

In day's 1 and 2 the WR's have been the stars.

To give an idea of how good the unit can be, preseason 1st team all conference WR Hightower was slotted to be Evens back up at WR-X last season before he got injured late in fall camp.  Hightower is now listed at WR-H.  I think we see Evans take over WR-X, Shakir move to Z and CT Thomas play at Z as well when Shakir is being utilized elsewhere, like RB.  CT will be the first WR off the bench.  That is a lot of speed on the field.

@mugtang please merge this into the thread I have already started for bsu.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

24 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

For those not interested, it's very easy to not click on this thread. For those interested, I'll try and use this thread. I wouldn't mind seeing other school update threads if anyone wants to start their team threads. 

Day 1:

-4**** RB George Holani was one of a small group of recruits that came for summer earlier than the rest in anticipation that they might play early. He impressed mightily all summer and did so again on Day 1. He continues to get praise from coaches and players. He and Bachmeier are the only two trFR that are participating with the veterans. It seems like a forgone conclusion that he'll play as a trFR. Boise splits practices with the new players and veterans. I'm not sure if that's common for all schools. 

-QB Cord's practice went as the coaches planned. He participated for most of the drills and then sat at the end. Harsin expects him to be going full time by the first scrimmage (day eight). 

-Octavius Evans continues to win the Twitter clip award. He's gunna be a monster: 

Excellent news for Boise.  We look forward to something of value our linebackers can grind into the turf. 

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

In day's 1 and 2 the WR's have been the stars.

To give an idea of how good the unit can be, preseason 1st team all conference WR Hightower was slotted to be Evens back up at WR-X last season before he got injured late in fall camp.  Hightower is now listed at WR-H.  I think we see Evans take over WR-X, Shakir move to Z and CT Thomas play at Z as well when Shakir is being utilized elsewhere, like RB.  CT will be the first WR off the bench.  That is a lot of speed on the field.

Having a guy with 41 catches coming off the bench is a good sign. Stephan Cobbs is another one that has been impressive in both fall camps and Spring ball. I don't know that Boise has had this amount of depth at the WR position before. 

Just now, sactowndog said:

Excellent news for Boise.  We look forward to something of value our linebackers can grind into the turf. 

Except the teams don't play... and Fresno playing in the title game is far from a given

1 hour ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Evans, Hightower and Shakir very well be the best trio in the nation, P5 or G5. And then CT Thomas and some of the other guys coming off the bench. I fully expect all three of those guys to be NFL wide receivers. The embarrassment of riches is phenomenal!

Whoa there lol 

20 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

Whoa there lol 

Probably going to end up being the best WR group since the 2000 St Louis Rams.  Probably.

In all seriousness though, Hightower has the speed (4.4), length and hands the NFL covets, but he is a twig.  Going to need to add about 20 pounds.  Evans earned the #1 Jersey last off season (A tradition to give our best WR/DB that number) and was the talk of the town until he got injured, Hightower was going to be his backup.  Shakir is the most dynamic of the bunch.  All 3 likely will get drafted assuming they stay healthy and out of trouble.  Also assuming we have a QB who can get the ball to them.

2 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Evans, Hightower and Shakir very well be the best trio in the nation, P5 or G5. And then CT Thomas and some of the other guys coming off the bench. I fully expect all three of those guys to be NFL wide receivers. The embarrassment of riches is phenomenal!

Quick question for you. What school has the most receptions, TD receptions, TD passes and passing yards returning?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

2 hours ago, Warbow said:

Quick question for you. What school has the most receptions, TD receptions, TD passes and passing yards returning?

You guys have a great offense, no doubt. But dare I say that those players are “part of a system”. I guarantee you that if all three remain healthy, Evans, Hightower and Shakir will be in the NFL.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Probably going to end up being the best WR group since the 2000 St Louis Rams.  Probably.

In all seriousness though, Hightower has the speed (4.4), length and hands the NFL covets, but he is a twig.  Going to need to add about 20 pounds.  Evans earned the #1 Jersey last off season (A tradition to give our best WR/DB that number) and was the talk of the town until he got injured, Hightower was going to be his backup.  Shakir is the most dynamic of the bunch.  All 3 likely will get drafted assuming they stay healthy and out of trouble.  Also assuming we have a QB who can get the ball to them.

I agree that despite the departures BSU will have a first class group of receivers. Hightower looked pretty good in a few games last year. 

49 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

I agree that despite the departures BSU will have a first class group of receivers. Hightower looked pretty good in a few games last year. 

QB still needs to be able to get them the ball or we will never know how good this group is or can be.  

7 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Duh!  Of course they are.   :surrender: