Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

365 Days

18 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

How long are the Dbacks locked in for in Phoenix? 

The Raiders will want new amenities in 10ish years when the stadium is “old.” That’s how the game is played. 

But Vegas wants this and I think it’s a good fit with the tourism. 

You know that they have played almost their entire 60 year existence in the Coliseum, right?

15 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

I don’t think they really know yet, kind of like when the Thomas and Mack was built, they didn’t know they would be getting the NFR. I have heard it said that Vegas will not even actively try to get the super bowl, as we already make a fortune as it is, the city is already booked to capacity that weekend. 

I'm all but certain that there were backdoor guarantees of a Superbowl in the coming years to get the deal done 

1 hour ago, fearthefumanchu said:

I'm all but certain that there were backdoor guarantees of a Superbowl in the coming years to get the deal done 

there were, because after all, it is the super bowl, and to NOT have one here would be hypocritical.. I think we'll all need to list our houses as air b&b's during that week, lol.

Doubt there was a guarantee, because there didnt need to be one.  Every new stadium in the last 2 decades that has wanted one has gotten a Super Bowl, and that includes outdoors at the Meadowlands.  The question will be does Las Vegas get into the regular rotation.  Right now, you basically have 5 regular sites - Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, Houston, and Phoenix.  Atlanta, LA, Santa Clara and LV are all candidates to be added.  North Texas probably thought they were a lock, but then Jerrah and Company screwed it up so they get to wait.  LA probably has the best chance because it was a frequently host before, and because part of KroenkeLand includes NFL office and production facilities.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

New photos of the Allegiant (Las Vegas) Stadium construction - 

North End Zone plaza with large door opening to strip views (to right)

View towards north end with large door opening at far left 

Escalators being installed - view looking to south end zone in distance 

Roof view with large opening at left side towards strip