Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

2019 Football Unis/Helmet Thread

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

At Boise, after one practice a week their is a group of team leaders that choose to stay late, to go over the uniform combinations for the following game.  This group is usually made up of Seniors and high profile Juniors and Sophomores.  It is a big deal. 

I remember they did that for the TCP era, but I don’t think they do it now as I specifically remember Harsin stating that we needed to get back to tradition (and that included uniform combos). 

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think you are showing your age a little.  Bohl is out of touch in this area as well.

At Boise, after one practice a week their is a group of team leaders that choose to stay late, to go over the uniform combinations for the following game.  This group is usually made up of Seniors and high profile Juniors and Sophomores.  It is a big deal.  

Part of the reason Boise wins so consistently for the past 20 years is brand and culture.  Recruits buy in.  When the current players take pride in their brand, the recruits visiting get wrapped up in it as well.  The Blue Turf, the uniforms, the Fiesta bowl trophies, the chanting and hollering before lifting weights.  It is all part of it.

I think so too with Bohl.  Especially no names on the back of the jersey.  

3 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

I think so too with Bohl.  Especially no names on the back of the jersey.  

I hate it when teams do that. I like to know who the players are. It takes away from the viewer experience, imho. 

2 hours ago, UofNPackFan said:

But I agree red UN = Nebraska for many.

And stick with what sells red/silver "unlv" is a whole lot better.  At least put locking LV on the other side.

when is Wolfpack's new unis coming out?

Related image

An interlocking LV would have been way better than UN. Looks like a ripoff of the Huskers. Like the other helmets though. Especially the red one.