Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The G5 Beat

New G5 Football Podcast The G5 Beat

26 minutes ago, The G5 Beat said:

Can you mail that sticker to us?

I believe you can order one from www.nevadatrivia.com

That photo is from John Ralston's twitter account @RalstonReports 

It's a reminder of a 45 speech in Reno on how to correctly say Nevada while continuously saying it incorrectly - the crowd starts yelling "it's Nevada!" 

Note that the state narrowly did not vote in his favor that year.

3 hours ago, The G5 Beat said:

Week 2 Preview is now available: https://soundcloud.com/g5beat/episode-8-week-2

Just subscribed. I’m really looking forward to the dedicated one hour discussion on Hank Bachmeier. Thanks! 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Just subscribed. I’m really looking forward to the dedicated one hour discussion on Hank Bachmeier. Thanks! 

Dude had a fantastic game against FSU and we’re looking for more big numbers against Marshall this Friday! Thanks for listening and subscribing!

On 8/5/2019 at 4:11 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Also @The G5 Beat Boise is pronounced Boy-See.  Not Boy-Z.  

It makes me sad that these dudes from Alabama have such a slight accent.  What the hell happened to a thick southern accent over the last 25 years?  They've disappeared. 

Good podcast though.

Love that jewel song but Actually....The word Boise comes from the French word for woods or wooded, boisé pronounced bwah-zea. So the Z-guys are closer to the original word than the S-guys. 

25 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

Unless you enjoy rating posts

Which has been fixed :foottap:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, Bob said:

This is a great sticker. 

This reminds me of Colorado. You know who the natives are if they say it ColoRAdo (with the vowel sound of 'a' as in apple). You know the move-ins if they say it ColoRAWdo. 

Yeah, it’s horrible when people pronounce vowels the correct way for the language the word originated in.  Nev-ah-da too.