Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The G5 Beat

New G5 Football Podcast The G5 Beat

50 minutes ago, Bob said:

SDSU is going to a spread offense??

Spread formation.  Still running the same exact run plays except against fewer defenders in the box.  Still going to run it 60% of the time.

5 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

And fewer blockers to block. 

Yeah no doubt but it’s a lot easier to spring a RB when you’re in 10 personnel against a box of six and a single high safety than 22 personnel and 10 in the box. Much easier for the OL to know which guy to block and easier to pick up stunts and blitzes.

We’ll see how it plays out this season. I’m not a fan of Horton as an OC and can see Caragher (passing game coordinator) moving into the OC spot if things don’t go well. 

On 7/31/2019 at 5:52 PM, kingpotato said:

They are going to be competing for recruits with LSU and their new digs

You guys are going to crap your pants when Fresno starts pulling Mormon recruits...

then they can just do their mission in Fresno county and save all the lost and unwashed and they wont have to travel so far...

3 hours ago, The G5 Beat said:

Mountain West preview podcast now available: https://soundcloud.com/g5beat/episode-5-mountain-west-preview

You guys do your homework.

With one exception. Nobody who lives in the Silver State pronounces it Nev-AH-da.

Boom goes the dynamite.

17 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That was actually really well done. I like that you are invested in knowing the product but not emotionally invested in any team in the conference.  

15 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nice MWCboard plug at the 21 minute mark

Thanks for giving us a listen! Later down the road we might look at getting sponsors ;)

On 8/1/2019 at 8:48 PM, Fowl said:

Yeah no doubt but it’s a lot easier to spring a RB when you’re in 10 personnel against a box of six and a single high safety than 22 personnel and 10 in the box. Much easier for the OL to know which guy to block and easier to pick up stunts and blitzes.

We’ll see how it plays out this season. I’m not a fan of Horton as an OC and can see Caragher (passing game coordinator) moving into the OC spot if things don’t go well. 

They really wasted the skills of QB Christian Chapman with that Neanderthal offense.  Chapman was the best QB in the MWC in recent years. 

4 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

With one exception. Nobody who lives in the Silver State pronounces it Nev-AH-da.

Also @The G5 Beat Boise is pronounced Boy-See.  Not Boy-Z.  

It makes me sad that these dudes from Alabama have such a slight accent.  What the hell happened to a thick southern accent over the last 25 years?  They've disappeared. 

Good podcast though.

4 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It makes me sad that these dudes from Alabama have such a slight accent.  What the hell happened to a thick southern accent over the last 25 years?  They've disappeared. 

Good podcast though.

Lol thanks for listening to us!

59 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Good podcast though.

I might recommend playing @ 1.25x speed, though :)

23 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Good podcast though.

I grew up in the Boise area and have always pronounced it boy-z. I know it drives people crazy but that's just how I've always said it  :pitchforks: