Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The G5 Beat

New G5 Football Podcast The G5 Beat

Hello all,

Please give our new podcast a listen and follow The G5 Beat. We only talk G5 football and here’s a link to our SoundCloud but we are also on Apple Podcasts and Google Play: 

https://soundcloud.com/g5beat

Also please follow/like us on twitter and Facebook @TheG5Beat. 

MW Preview will be out next Monday! If there’s anything you’d like us to discuss please let us know. Hopefully you’ll give us a listen. 

Thanks,
John

On 7/29/2019 at 7:35 AM, The G5 Beat said:

MW Preview will be out next Monday! If there’s anything you’d like us to discuss please let us know. 

Will back-to-back-to-back-back-to-back-to-back-back-to-back-to-back-back-to-back-to-back preseason conference champion Boise State meet expectations and win the MWCG this year? Or will it be another letdown.

Is San Diego State 10-15 years too late in choosing to go to a spread-type offense?

Can Tedford win games at Fresno without a star QB, or is their next QB a star?

Does Gary Anderson quit on his team midway through the season like at Oregon State?

Why is it so hard to stop the triple option? Will AFA win the Commander and Chief Trophy back from Army?  

28 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Will back-to-back-to-back-back-to-back-to-back-back-to-back-to-back-back-to-back-to-back preseason conference champion Boise State meet expectations and win the MWCG this year? Or will it be another letdown.

Is San Diego State 10-15 years too late in choosing to go to a spread-type offense?

Can Tedford win games at Fresno without a star QB, or is their next QB a star?

Does Gary Anderson quit on his team midway through the season like at Oregon State?

Why is it so hard to stop the triple option? Will AFA win the Commander and Chief Trophy back from Army?  

Will the new LED lights at Bulldog stadium be enough to entice recruits to play in the armpit of America?

32 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Will back-to-back-to-back-back-to-back-to-back-back-to-back-to-back-back-to-back-to-back preseason conference champion Boise State meet expectations and win the MWCG this year? Yes Or will it be another letdown. No

Is San Diego State 10-15 years too late in choosing to go to a spread-type offense? No. They should have stuck with their identity. I don't like the move.

Can Tedford win games at Fresno without a star QB, or is their next QB a star? Yes, but they will be down from the last two years.

Does Gary Anderson quit on his team midway through the season like at Oregon State? Nope. He's a baggie lifer from here on out. But he'll never duplicate the success he had in his last season there.

We hates the triple option!

Image result for gollem

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Will the new LED lights at Bulldog stadium be enough to entice recruits to play in the armpit of America?

They are going to be competing for recruits with LSU and their new digs

1 minute ago, The G5 Beat said:

Thanks for the replies! I’ve got a feeling this is going to be a fun message board 

I love your podcast idea. I'm definitely going to listen to it. When I get some time I'll check out your CUSA show and see what you have to say about Marshall.

16 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I love your podcast idea. I'm definitely going to listen to it. When I get some time I'll check out your CUSA show and see what you have to say about Marshall.

Thanks! Let me know what you think about our podcast. The CUSA episode was our first but I feel that we’ve gotten a lot better since then. Don’t take shots every time we say “umm” in the episode. 

Just now, The G5 Beat said:

Thanks! Let me know what you think about our podcast. The CUSA episode was our first but I feel that we’ve gotten a lot better since then. Don’t take shots every time we say “umm” in the episode. 

Quick question; Why would an Alabama fan do a G5 podcast? 

5 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Quick question; Why would an Alabama fan do a G5 podcast? 

I’m a UAB fan but there was no option to pick them as my favorite team on here. Josh (my cohost) is a big Alabama fan but loves G5 football like me. We both actually graduated from Alabama. 

3 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Can someone, anyone, figure out why Vigen is still the OC at Wyoming?  If his offense is again horrible this year, will he finally be fired?

Also, what is the ceiling for Chambers?

Really good question...offense wasn’t really good in parts of the games I saw last year. Thanks for the questions!

2 hours ago, The G5 Beat said:

Thanks for the replies! I’ve got a feeling this is going to be a fun message board 

This is the greatest message board in the history of message boards. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater