Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

What’s the Greatest Piece of Music Composed?

In my opinion it’s the 1st movement of Piano Sonata No. 14 (aka Moonlight Sonata) by Ludwig van Beethoven.  

What’s yours?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Mozart’s Requiem. The Lacrimosa was the last piece of music he worked on before dying. He didn’t finish it.

The Introitus is also beautiful. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Dvorak's New World Symphony. 

I have been a classical musician for most of my life. I have played all pieces posted many times so I've built up my own biases. Basically I like anything Russian/Eastern European with a 150+ orchestration that will blow the roof off on the finales. Viennese waltzes make me want to stab my eardrumbs out and most piano concertos put me to sleep.

Rach 2, suckers 

The second movement is amazing.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

15 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Handel's Messiah.

beethoven flight of the valkyries

Flight of the Valkyries was composed by Richard Wagner 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, bluerules009 said:

Okay I still like it. Not sure why i thought Beethoven.

It’s a good piece. As for the why, not sure.  Maybe you’re getting senile in your old age :P