Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

USU MBB: Adds game with Florida

USU has OOC for 2019: LSU in Jamaica, St Mary’s in Moraga, and now Florida. Three teams ranked in the preseason top 25. Should help seeding come tourney time if USU can pull some of these off. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Damn too bad that isn't on campus. 

There's real potential USU could absolutely get skulldrug in that game though. UF is a legit top 10 team this year, allegedly. Still, even if UF lost, I wouldn't be pissed, because it'd be a huge win for the MWC. 

5 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Damn too bad that isn't on campus. 

There's real potential USU could absolutely get skulldrug in that game though. UF is a legit top 10 team this year, allegedly. Still, even if UF lost, I wouldn't be pissed, because it'd be a huge win for the MWC. 

USU has a really good team. We will probably lose but I think we can compete. This is the best USU team on paper in decades. The team that won the MW returns virtually everyone and adds the top rated recruiting class in the MW to boot.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Just now, madmartigan said:

USU has a really good team. We will probably lose but I think we can compete. This is the best USU team on paper in decades. The team that won the MW returns virtually everyone and adds the top rated recruiting class in the MW to boot.

No I know. USU looks like a potential MWC favorite this year. UF, though, brought in three 5-star recruits and a really good grad transfer in Kerry Blackshear.  UF will be a lot better than they were last year when they beat the MWC champ in the tourney. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see USU play it as a really tight game, or even win. That's a very real possibility. Hell, I hope they win because the win would mean a lot more to USU and the MWC than the win would mean to UF. You guys bring back a lot of talent and Queta is a really fun dude to watch play. Great player. That said,  I also have watched enough MWC sporting events over the last many years to realize that a beatdown of sorts could be in order too.  I'd wager that won't be the case though, and realistically there's a far greater chance of it being close than a blowout. That said, I'm looking forward to the matchup. Wish UF would play more MWC teams honestly. 

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Speaking of Queta the injury came at a bad time as now he can’t work on his offensive game. 

It’s a six week recovery time. Does cut into his practice time, but he got valuable experience playing in that tourney.

43 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

I would love it if you guys beat the Gators. Most obnoxious fan base in the country.

Hardly. It's not even the most obnoxious one in the state. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Hardly. It's not even the most obnoxious one in the state. 

My wife is a Gator and we are actually going to Baton Rouge this year for the LSU game. They are worse then Texas. They act like the school is Harvard and every other school in the state academically way below par. It's a good school, but it's not ten times better then USF or FSU. 

Just now, rebelcuff said:

My wife is a Gator and we are actually going to Baton Rouge this year for the LSU game. They are worse then Texas. They act like the school is Harvard and every other school in the state academically way below par. It's a good school, but it's not ten times better then USF or FSU. 

It's the Harvard of the South. You apparently have a very smart wife. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

It's the Harvard of the South. You apparently have a very smart wife. 

Lol. She actually ran the ads for the student newspaper I think it's called the Alligator.She works in advertising today so I guessed it worked for her. School is what you make it though. She could of did the same thing at UCF and be in the same position.