Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

UConn buyout announced. Big East / Indy Football in 2020

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

Maybe, but seriously good exposure.  UNLV could make some hay by winning that matchup on national TV.  Oh, of course you would need to win.  Minor detail, right?

Not sure beating a not so great UConn is anything to really boost a program & seriously doubt any MWC vs UConn match up would be national TV worthy since the Huskies have won 7 games over the last three seasons to UNLV's 9 wins in two seasons 

their money is in basketball!

Nobody in Connecticut gives a rats azz about their  football.

They will go Indy  like UMass is ... as pretty much  nobody in Massachusetts gives a rats azz about that flagship U  football program either.

So they can pick and choose their $$$ body bag games against SEC or ACC opponents who have  an open date.

Then schedule other FBS wannabees like Liberty, Coastal Carolina, FIU, APP State etc ... etc etc etc  for home games.....oh and BYU.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

3 hours ago, RSF said:

Payment from UConn due by...2026.

7 years.

The Big East TV deal expires before then.

Didn’t catch that part. 

But but but... I was told by people on here that the exit fee is supposed to cover the production startup costs! 

10 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Didn’t catch that part. 

But but but... I was told by people on here that the exit fee is supposed to cover the production startup costs! 

they've already paid 2.5 million and we're keeping their 2019 media distribution in escrow until their next installment is paid...moreover, we won't see any increase in production costs until 2020 when the deal actually kicks in.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

they've already paid 2.5 million and we're keeping their 2019 media distribution in escrow until their next installment is paid...moreover, we won't see any increase in production costs until 2020 when the deal actually kicks in.

Yea like I told the UCF fan, didn’t see that 11 million (1 mil per team I assume) of it will be paid over this first year. That should cover the startup costs. Although it does sort of render the remaining 6 million of the exit fee pretty inconsequential to each AAC school as it will just be an extra 91k per school for 6 years. 

1 minute ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Yea like I told the UCF fan, didn’t see that 11 million (1 mil per team I assume) of it will be paid over this first year. That should cover the startup costs. Although it does sort of render the remaining 6 million of the exit fee pretty inconsequential to each AAC school as it will just be an extra 91k per school for 6 years. 

make no mistake, I'm just trying to find the good in the bad...losing UConn isn't a good thing but we (the AAC) aren't going to sit around and cry...we'll cash the checks and move on.

I'm also glad to see Memphis will keep playing UConn for awhile in hoops...it's a good series.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

29 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

make no mistake, I'm just trying to find the good in the bad...losing UConn isn't a good thing but we (the AAC) aren't going to sit around and cry...we'll cash the checks and move on.

I'm also glad to see Memphis will keep playing UConn for awhile in hoops...it's a good series.

I'm not sure why you feel that way, UConn has been a drag on us since year two.  They'll keep playing the teams that matter in basketball.  There's really nothing lost by this.