Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Give us your bold predictions for the season

On 8/3/2019 at 11:19 AM, kingpotato said:

So I take it you give up and concede. 

Even if it wasn't "technically" completely accurate that BYU doesn't belong to a G5 conference, it's a rivalry game that they play every year. Boise has played BYU more times than many of their conference mates... so, either way, that's not really the games I'm referring to. So both technically and theoretically BYU isn't included. 

Never thought I'd see such BYU worship from you. Looks like Stunner's work is paying off

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

10 minutes ago, Bmd said:

Ahh maybe over the year it’s cooled.  I knew many in California that thought they deserved to be in the NC game a couple times.  

Why would it be hard?  If a kid goes to Ohio State, commits crimes or fails out, but has four star talent and is looking for somewhere to play, unlike Boise State, he has zero chance of going to Purdue.  Along with northwestern, it is the only school in the Big Ten where mountain men with an IQ of 90 can’t pick general studies as a major and ride bulls for credit.  It also has a higher admission standard for football players than both the NCAA and Big Ten.  I find it infinitely easier to have been a fan of Purdue and not of say Michigan State.. 

There’s nothing about Purdue that makes it so that if we want to go all in, we can’t compete with upsets Oregon State and thinks they are Michigan with a blue field U.  I’d love to see Boise go on the road, route drew Locke and Missouri by 32, and then have to come home and play Michigan.  Missouri would have made kellen Moore sore if he played today.  You can get a blow against UNLV that is never coming when Devin bush comes on a blitz and pops Moore right in the side.  I watched that happen to David Blough.  It ain’t happening if he’s on Boise v. Wyoming. 

We just decided from about 1980 on not to go all in until a few years ago.  And oh would you look at that; the 25th ranked class in the nation.  That’s good enough that if you take Boise state’s and add four talented morons who got kicked off of pac 12 campuses, it’s still better.  

I look forward to putting up good results and still being able to feel good about the program.  

LOL - no they wouldn't.  Even the big boys from Georgia couldn't touch him.  He may have been small and didn't have a "strong" arm but his pocket presence was amazing.  You were sure he was about to be sacked on his blind side, he'd make a little shimmy and the defensive guy would blow right by him.  At one point, the Georgia defender was so dejected that he kept missing him, that Kellen had to give him a pep talk. 

down in a hole.jpg

Just now, kingpotato said:

Uh, you might need to look up the definition of worship. 

giphy-42.gif

What? I couldn't understand you with all that jello in your mouth

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, Bmd said:

Ahh maybe over the year it’s cooled.  I knew many in California that thought they deserved to be in the NC game a couple times.  

Why would it be hard?  If a kid goes to Ohio State, commits crimes or fails out, but has four star talent and is looking for somewhere to play, unlike Boise State, he has zero chance of going to Purdue.  Along with northwestern, it is the only school in the Big Ten where mountain men with an IQ of 90 can’t pick general studies as a major and ride bulls for credit.  It also has a higher admission standard for football players than both the NCAA and Big Ten.  I find it infinitely easier to have been a fan of Purdue and not of say Michigan State.. 

There’s nothing about Purdue that makes it so that if we want to go all in, we can’t compete with upsets Oregon State and thinks they are Michigan with a blue field U.  I’d love to see Boise go on the road, route drew Locke and Missouri by 32, and then have to come home and play Michigan.  Missouri would have made kellen Moore sore if he played today.  You can get a blow against UNLV that is never coming when Devin bush comes on a blitz and pops Moore right in the side.  I watched that happen to David Blough.  It ain’t happening if he’s on Boise v. Wyoming. 

We just decided from about 1980 on not to go all in until a few years ago.  And oh would you look at that; the 25th ranked class in the nation.  That’s good enough that if you take Boise state’s and add four talented morons who got kicked off of pac 12 campuses, it’s still better.  

I look forward to putting up good results and still being able to feel good about the program.  

You do realize that if Boise was playing those schools in conference they'd be getting an extra $50mm/year in media revenue and be recruiting players to play in the B1G versus the MWC right?  I'm sure that wouldn't help make them a better team...

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

You do realize that if Boise was playing those schools in conference they'd be getting an extra $50mm/year in media revenue and be recruiting players to play in the B1G versus the MWC right?  I'm sure that wouldn't help make them a better team...

Don't confuse him with facts, after all, he's from Purdue.

Besides, he doesn't have a clue about travel in the MW. Even those Big 10 guys would struggle playing in Wyoming and AFA at 7000+ ft, or CSU, Reno, or Logan 'week in and week out'. It's the grind, you know. :facepalm:

57 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Besides, he doesn't have a clue about travel in the MW. Even those Big 10 guys would struggle playing in Wyoming and AFA at 7000+ ft, or CSU, Reno, or Logan 'week in and week out'. It's the grind, you know. :facepalm:

They said the same thing about Utah and TCU.

TCU has averaged 9.4 wins the last five years, won a conference championship, has finished in the top-10 three of those years, and barely missed out on the CFB Playoffs. They are picked to finish 3rd in the Big XII this year. They averaged 11 wins their last five years in a G5 conference. 

Utah has averaged 8.8 wins the last five years, have won their division, finished in the top-25 four of those years, and are favored to win their division this season. They averaged 9.5 wins in their final years in the G5. Utah only finished in the top-25 three of those last years. 

The data certainly doesn't support Purduefan's theory on some massive pendulum swing. Both teams have maintained a very similar level of success (if not more) and between the two of them, they've averaged about one less win a year. 

Winning programs win. Loser programs lose. That's why TCU and Utah have been able to keep winning with the jump and Purdue year after year has losing seasons with above .500 years few and far between. 

Purdue is just a shite loser program who's fans need to pull shet outta their arse to justify why they are so terrible. Purdue is terrible and will always be terrible. 

3 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

I forgot to add that most B1G schools have eight home games and just four road games that are usually a short drive or flight. 

14 minutes ago, Fowl said:

I forgot to add that most B1G schools have eight home games and just four road games that are usually a short drive or flight. 

Yeah, they beat up on shetty MAC teams OOC. They get to start the conference slate 4-0. You just need to go 2-6 in conference and you're a Bowl team. 4-4 and you're top-25. 6-2 and you're top-10. It's crazy that you only need to win your home games to be top-25 in a P5.

San Diego State  9 wins  3 losses 

Boise  9 wins  3 losses

AFA  5 wins  7 losses

New Mexico  6  wins  6 losses

UNLV  3 wins  9 losses  (more important how many come to the games ?)

SJSU  3 wins  9 losses (and record attendance )

IDK, I've been thinking that this is 4th year of this coaches recruits and although he's not a good coach the players are matured now and I always see a coaches 4th year players play well. They might surprise and man handle some teams, I wouldn't entirely count them out.

On 8/6/2019 at 8:27 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@Bmd Going back to 2008, I don't see a single Purdue team that would have a winning record against the MWC.

You’re gonna see it tonight.  The coaches who coached from 08-16 and the AD during that time weren’t very good.  

On 7/24/2019 at 3:39 PM, kingpotato said:

Here's mine:

- Jordan Love will not be All MW. I've gone over much of this in another thread, so I'll keep it short. He loses 80% of his OL, top four receivers, and top RB. That's a lot on it's own, but more importantly, they go from playing a crazy slate of terrible defenses to a pretty strong slate. His production will go down from last year.

-Utah State's scoring offense will go down by 15-20 ppg. This goes along the same lines. A rebuilt OL and playing a much stronger slate of defenses is going to cause a drastic loss in scoring production out of the 2nd highest scoring team last year. 

-Air Force will be the surprise team of the MW. They have more returning than any AFA team I can remember and they were VERY unlucky in close games last year. The schedule is very manageable, they miss two of the top three from the West and the one they do get, they get at home. Every game OOC is winnable. This could be a double digit win team. Lack of speed in the secondary is their only weakness, but luckily, WR was one of the harder hit position groups in the MW.

-Hawaii is going to be a better team, but will have a worse record. They return more than any time in the league and won 8 games, so they should be good, right? Their schedule is way more difficult. Four of their five OOC will be very tough games. They are going to be a very scary team, but will be inconsistent with a still shaky defense. They do get Arizona, Oregon State, Fresno, SDSU, Army, and Air Force at home, so they should be involved in a lot of competitive, tough games. 

-Fresno's defense will be worse this season. The strength of their defense has been their LBs, they lose all of their starters there, and Mike Bell is a loss, but that isn't why they will take a hit. They surprisingly didn't play a single team that returned their QB until week 10 against Boise... and Boise ended up putting up 450 yards on them and 24 points (10 over their average). They ended playing against 3 FR QBs, 3 back up QBs, and 7 QBs that had made less than 4 career starts. Wyoming ended up with the only starting QB to have a sub 100 pass eff rating and UNM moved to a new offense that was horrible. It was a insane slate of inexperienced QBs. This year is the exact opposite. Every team on their schedule returns their starting QB from last year except UNR.

:rotflmfao: