Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Give us your bold predictions for the season

15 minutes ago, Bmd said:

I don’t assume you guys don’t have ball players.. you do that whole Boise State thing where a kid gets a four star rating, goes to UCLA, fails out/gets arrested too many times and ends up on a “roster of local upstarts” in Reno, when really its more like a last chanceish u sort of setting than anything else, no? 

Fresno State moved to Reno? When'd that happen?

36 minutes ago, Bmd said:

In other words I don’t think I was saying what you thought.. I don’t like to watch these games and be surprised by what I see.  If you guys have 5 amazing running backs I’d rather know that now.  

I don’t have to ask these questions with Iowa.. I know they are gonna play ball control with a team built to battle Wisconsin before letting receivers get behind them all day until Brohm bombs the end zone at will 

We have a very good running back group.  We have sophomore Toa Taua who is probably the best running back in the league (I’m sure others will disagree though).  We have Devonte Lee, who’s this guy:

Although I think he may be injured and won’t play during the first half of the season. 

We have a really good group of wide receivers. 

On offense, our biggest questions are at QB.  We have 3 guys who may start:  

Christian Solano - he’s the guy who’s been in the system the longest so he may get the “next man up” treatment.  If he’s the game 1 starter I think Purdue wins pretty easily.  He’s not very good. 

Malik Henry - the kid from Last Chance U walked on in the spring and will have a chance to win the starting spot.  At the spring game he was the best of the QBs.  He looked the part.  

Carson Strong: redshirt Freshman.  The coaches are really high on him but I have a hard time seeing him getting the starting job in week 1. 

On defense our biggest concern is our secondary.  We lost a lot of talent back there.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, Bmd said:

I don’t assume you guys don’t have ball players.. you do that whole Boise State thing where a kid gets a four star rating, goes to UCLA, fails out/gets arrested too many times and ends up on a “roster of local upstarts” in Reno, when really its more like a last chanceish u sort of setting than anything else, no? 

Is there a reading requirement prior to being admitted to Purdon't? Just checking...

I admit to liking your swagger, it's almost like you're a fan of the better teams in the B10.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

We have a very good running back group.  We have sophomore Toa Taua who is probably the best running back in the league (I’m sure others will disagree though).  We have Devonte Lee, who’s this guy:

Although I think he may be injured and won’t play during the first half of the season. 

We have a really good group of wide receivers. 

On offense, our biggest questions are at QB.  We have 3 guys who may start:  

Christian Solano - he’s the guy who’s been in the system the longest so he may get the “next man up” treatment.  If he’s the game 1 starter I think Purdue wins pretty easily.  He’s not very good. 

Malik Henry - the kid from Last Chance U walked on in the spring and will have a chance to win the starting spot.  At the spring game he was the best of the QBs.  He looked the part.  

Carson Strong: redshirt Freshman.  The coaches are really high on him but I have a hard time seeing him getting the starting job in week 1. 

On defense our biggest concern is our secondary.  We lost a lot of talent back there.  

Thank you.  If you don’t mind me asking how are your lines 

9 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Is there a reading requirement prior to being admitted to Purdon't? Just checking...

I admit to liking your swagger, it's almost like you're a fan of the better teams in the B10.

Wait what?  I’m just wanting to know what the line of reasoning for a Nevada win is.. not saying there isn’t one.  I’m predicting 2-3 in the first five games and a 6-6 season ... 4th-5th in the big ten west.  You’re definitely not playing Michigan or Michigan State.  

Of course, that’s not even the challenge in the conference.  It’s the week in and week out schedule... 

that’s why Boise State at their very best, would have been 9-3/8-4 in the big ten (or pac ten or sec) 

in 2020 we will be one of the best teams in the big ten.  

And yeah, Purdue is your 17th ranked public university in 2019.  I checked the rankings.  Didn’t see any MWC schools 

5 minutes ago, Bmd said:

Wait what?  I’m just wanting to know what the line of reasoning for a Nevada win is.. not saying there isn’t one.  I’m predicting 2-3 in the first five games and a 6-6 season ... 4th-5th in the big ten west.  You’re definitely not playing Michigan or Michigan State.  

Of course, that’s not even the challenge in the conference.  It’s the week in and week out schedule... 

that’s why Boise State at their very best, would have been 9-3/8-4 in the big ten (or pac ten or sec) 

And yeah, Purdue is your 17th ranked public university in 2019.  I checked the rankings.  Didn’t see any MWC schools 

The point is up here...

...you’re head is here. That 17th ranking isn’t helping here, now is it? Congrats on being able to miss the point whilst bragging about your uni’s ranking!

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

26 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

It’s “Pur-who?”

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

It’s “Pur-who?”

“Pur-whaaat?”

tenor.gif?itemid=3470481

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

The point is up here...

...you’re head is here. That 17th ranking isn’t helping here, now is it? Congrats on being able to miss the point whilst bragging about your uni’s ranking!

Maybe start giving him grief about the Hoosiers and he'll get it.

31 minutes ago, Bmd said:

Thank you.  If you don’t mind me asking how are your lines 

Our defensive line should be good.  We run a 3-3-5 defense.  We finally have legitimate size there.  I haven’t heard anything on the offensive line, positive or negative. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I think SJSU will go 2-10 this season, 3-9 at best. But Tuite is so out of touch that she'll probably keep her lap dog Brennan on even if they don't win any games. :waiting: 

4 hours ago, Bmd said:

America is all about giving second chances, what are you some kind of Communist Sympathizer?

11 hours ago, SBBulldog85 said:

America is all about giving second chances, what are you some kind of Communist Sympathizer?

Im all for second chances., my point was that one would be foolish to look at Nevada recruiting rankings and assume no ball players.  I’d be doing the same thing.

i like the way you guys troll visitors ... you wanna see real butthurt penises?  Go visit the free football forum on Indiana rivals.  

13 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

The point is up here...

You’re... Gabriel Byrne in the usual suspects?  

And for all you Nevada fans, we on the Purdue rivals site firmly believe you’re a better ball club than Illinois and Indiana and probably more difficult matchup wise than Iowa, since they are built to play their best ball against Wisconsin and Michigan and they just let our receivers get deep on them all day 

16 hours ago, Bmd said:

Just spitballing here but Boise would have been in contention for a top three team in the pac the last two seasons imo. Washington and WSU probably have the edge last year. 

On 7/25/2019 at 4:26 PM, tailingpermit said:

Wait, did you not hear about the LED light upgrade - that right there instills true confidence.  

On 7/25/2019 at 3:24 PM, kingpotato said:

Yeah, just going off these first few preseason threads, Fresnofan seems to be the least in line with Vegas and all the publications. A lot of confidence coming out of the Valley. 

Imo it will be a very successful season if the team hits 9 wins. FS did lose a lot of talent because of bottlenecks on the roster created by the prior staff. Over the next few years the ‘dogs will build up hopefully. But what do I know—I guessed 3 wins in 2017 and have drastically overestimated the win total in 99% of the other seasons. 

I think we win 3 games. That should be enough for Brennan to get a contract extension. If we win 5 games, he’s Vince Lombardi and deserves to immediately go to the hall of fame.

10 hours ago, JADogs05 said:

Just spitballing here but Boise would have been in contention for a top three team in the pac the last two seasons imo. Washington and WSU probably have the edge last year. 

If they played the same schedule week in and week out?  

I go back Drew Brees senior year when we won the Big Ten and beat Ohio State with a bomb that people still recognize if you say holy Toledo .. as musberger called. We beat the mighty buckeyes! A win that Boise State would hold up and say “see, see who we can beat.  And then we go undefeated in the mwc!  We should play for a title!”

and then the next week we lost 30-10 to a 5-6 Michigan State team that was 2-6 in the big ten.  Their only other big ten win was to a 5-6 Illinois team that was also 2-6 in the big ten... 

If Purdue’s destruction of a #2 ranked undefeated OSU team last year was followed by an undefeated run through the MWC and someone asked me “does Purdue deserve to be in the playoff” id day “insufficient information.  I wouldn’t know.”