Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

calspartan

SJSU BB event center to get $20,000,000

6 hours ago, calspartan said:

The breaking news is SJSU Event Center to get a 20 yrs deal with Provident CU for $20M.  New updates/renovation to the basketball facility to come.

Do you have a link? 

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

I’m assuming this is a naming rights deal

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

29 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’m assuming this is a naming rights deal

Yes.

Just now, DoubleBlueGold said:

Yes.

If SJSU can get a 20 year/20 million dollar naming rights deal for their basketball center, I have no idea why we haven’t sold our naming rights.  It’s stupid as phuck. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If SJSU can get a 20 year/20 million dollar naming rights deal for their basketball center, I have no idea why we haven’t sold our naming rights.  It’s stupid as phuck. 

port of subs is headquartered in reno, call those bitches up 

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Because SJSU is sitting in the middle of most of the biggest/most wealthy companies in the world, all flush with $$$$ looking for ways to spend it? 

Corporate naming rights for college facilities are less common in general.  It also often depends on whether a school has a donor or donors with the right combination of ego and checkbook to pay to put their own name on a facility.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

11 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

port of subs is headquartered in reno, call those bitches up 

Tesla GigaStadium!

14 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You would of thunk that Peppermill, Atlantis or El Dorado would have stepped up. Having their names announced during b-ball broadcast would easily give viewers planning to visit for a road game a name of a place to stay. Think of SDSU and Viejas Arena.

1 minute ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

You would of thunk that Peppermill, Atlantis or El Dorado would have stepped up. Having their names announced during b-ball broadcast would easily give viewers planning to visit for a road game a name of a place to stay. Think of SDSU and Viejas Arena.

The Eldorado just became the largest Hotel/Gaming company in the world so maybe :hmmm:

1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Yes.

I haven't heard anything recently but IIRC, that 10-year deal which will have paid SDSU $6M, has just one more season remaining. If SAN!!! can manage to get $1M per year, I would think the Aztecs should be able to get ~$1.5M on the next one. Provided, of course, that Dutcher doesn't have another underachieving season during which attendance continues to diminish so along with the fact the new football stadium will refocus alumni to sport, that has to be among the things on his mind going forward.

Boom goes the dynamite.

59 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

San Jose State needs to visit Grand Canyon University. They came out with clever ways to get students who are not interested in sports to go to the games and become fans. On TV, it looks like there are about 400 people in the stands and 200 of those are visiting fans. Not good.

SJSU is too broke to pay students to attend which is what GCU does right?

GCU's student population is composed of a bunch of Born Againers desirous of making points with Jesus by attending hoops games of their school.  SJSU, not so much.

Boom goes the dynamite.