Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BleedRebelRed

PAC12 title game moving to LV in '21.... will MWC follow suit?

On 7/27/2019 at 5:25 PM, HawaiiMongoose said:

MWC leadership would be dumb to even consider playing the CCG at a neutral site.  In the CFP era the top prize for a G5 conference is putting its champion in the Access Bowl.  Landing that berth is worth millions of dollars to the member schools.  Given that, the smart move is to put the conference’s highest-ranked division winner at the end of the regular season in the best possible position to win the championship game.  Having them play the CCG at home accomplishes that.

If the playoff ever expands to 8 and there’s an auto-bid for the top-ranked G5 team this logic will be even more compelling.

That is literally what was said above you.

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Nothing says high attendance game like two out of market teams playing in an open air stadium in the middle of the desert!

cct-raidstadium-0903-0208423.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Irrelevant to college football talk...but you do realize that's an artist's depiction, not reality right? Once the luster of the new stadium shines off I doubt the Raiders will be better attended there than in Oakland.  Don't get me started on the forethought (or lack thereof) of that relocation decision. 

Don't be an idiot.

In your earlier post, you complained that the PAC12 would be playing in an "open air" stadium in the Desert.    First, it is Las Vegas.  Second, it is a brand new, indoor stadium.  So your complaints were incorrect and dumb.

Now you are complaining that the Stadium isn't fully constructed yet, and that I posted an artists rendition of the completed building.

Finally, you are clueless if you think the Raiders will have poor attendance.   The Raiders will be pulling in fans from not just Las Vegas, but a lot of surrounding States.

Why are so many AAC G5 fans so desperately trying to pretend that they are a P5 conference ?   AAC = MWC.

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Don't be an idiot.

Like asking bacon to not taste good.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Why are so many AAC G5 fans so desperately trying to pretend that they are a P5 conference ?   AAC = MWC.

They have P5 envy.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I'd be stunned if the P12 CCG in Vegas drew worse than Santa Clara.  The most common problems is scheduling the game on Friday night to fight with Friday afternoon rush hour and after eight seasons in the P12, it is obvious that the Bay Area isn't into college football and perhaps football as well given that the Raiders are leaving for Las Vegas.

I just looked at plane tickets to Las Vegas from Denver and they are cheap (close to $200 round trip)!  If they keep being that cheap around the P12 CCG, I can see the Raiders stadium being filled in the lower bowl, premium seats, and club seats.  Going to a big football game at a NFL venue, that shopping in Vegas, those buffets, and those things to do in Vegas besides rolling them bones would be a fun weekend.

33 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

I just looked at plane tickets to Las Vegas from Denver and they are cheap (close to $200 round trip)!  If they keep being that cheap around the P12 CCG, I can see the Raiders stadium being filled in the lower bowl, premium seats, and club seats.  Going to a big football game at a NFL venue, that shopping in Vegas, those buffets, and those things to do in Vegas besides rolling them bones would be a fun weekend.

Good to know for all the Utah or USC and Washington or Oregon fans living on the Front Range.

51 minutes ago, 307dude said:

Good to know for all the Utah or USC and Washington or Oregon fans living on the Front Range.

LA (where a lot of Pac-12 alumni live) is listed as a four hour and seven minute drive to Las Vegas plus @BleedRebelRed mentioned that there are quite a few Pac-12 alums living in Las Vegas.  Phoenix to Las Vegas is about an additional 45 minutes drive.  Then Salt Lake City is another hour drive on top of that.

This CCG should do much better than in Santa Clara.  If the P12 can't pull it off, time to fire Larry Scott and hire someone who knows a thing or two about football.

Self Branding frequently involves a significant level of bullshit.

P6

Hockeytown

America's Finest City...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:47 PM, azgreg said:

No, but it would get more than Santa Clara.

Exactly. There isn’t anything good about traveling to The Bay Area on a Friday. Everyone likes Vegas and much easier to travel too. 

Levis stadium is nice but not practical.

10 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Unfortunately CCG weekend is also opening weekend of National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas, so by the time fan bases know their teams are headed to the CCG flights from anywhere to LV will be heavily booked.  There will be plenty of rooms available because NFR doesn't draw the big numbers that NASCAR and certain trade shows do.  There are a lot of ancillary tourists that come to town during that period not for the rodeo but because of other related events like all the country music concerts. 

7 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Unfortunately CCG weekend is also opening weekend of National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas, so by the time fan bases know their teams are headed to the CCG flights from anywhere to LV will be heavily booked.  There will be plenty of rooms available because NFR doesn't draw the big numbers that NASCAR and certain trade shows do.  There are a lot of ancillary tourists that come to town during that period not for the rodeo but because of other related events like all the country music concerts. 

I personally love rodeos and if CU was to play in the CCG, that would be tough for me to pass up a weekend in Vegas.  Maybe they will bring Ralphie and see how long the cowboys can hold onto her. :lol: