Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluerules009

Recurring dreams?

What is your weird dream?

My father flew in helicopters alot when i was young.   He told me he was scared to death of hitting a powerline and they were always supposed to tell a pilot when they spotted one.

I always have a flying dream where i keep getting tangled up in power lines.  I can't get high enough to get over them.  they form net like areas below me so i can't get down.  The higher i go the more they  grow.  Scares the hell out of me.

11 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

What is your weird dream?

My father flew in helicopters alot when i was young.   He told me he was scared to death of hitting a powerline and they were always supposed to tell a pilot when they spotted one.

I always have a flying dream where i keep getting tangled up in power lines.  I can't get high enough to get over them.  they form net like areas below me so i can't get down.  The higher i go the more they  grow.  Scares the hell out of me.

So this is why you’re a homosexual, fascist from Fallabama! Hahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaahhaaa. 

I've had this dream since I was... 5? Maybe younger.

I'm lying in my bed, and I float above it and start travelling sort of willingly, sort of as a passenger towards a park in the center of town (I started this dream in Worland, and when I had it there, I floated over the correct streets to get to this particular park. Since then, I just sorta... float over nondescript land until I reach that same park from the early '90s). I reach the park and it is daytime only over the park, with people playing in it. In the center of the park is a giant pit, about 10 feet in diameter. I float towards it and begin dropping in to it. At first it's interesting, there's people in the pit and I'm choosing to explore it. as I go deeper, the pit gets darker,narrower, and the people in it get hostile. I start trying to float out, but it becomes difficult; I work and work on it, but with all my "effort" - in the dream I can make a concerted effort to float, somehow - I just avoid plummeting into the pit or ramming in to the sides. Eventually the pit gets dank and the people on the sides are reaching out to grab me with obvious ill intent. 

I had this dream all the time as a child, I thought it was just a child dream. I've had it maybe 3 times as an adult - but it's enough it seems to recur. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

26 minutes ago, Bob said:

I have a dream where I fly weaving in and out of telephone poles. Cool dream. I also have one where I'm not fast (I was fast as a track athlete) and I get beaten by common people in a race. It sucks.

I have a dream where I'm running, and trying to run fast, but I keep going slower, and slower, and it gets to the point where I can't even breathe hard but I'm still trying to run "fast". 

The internet said it might be me worrying about not training enough (or working out enough). A guy who did MMA said he had a similar type dream when he was training mostly with sparring with light contact - he'd try to hit someone in a bout and no matter how hard he tried, it was like tapping them with a pillow. He moved to full contact sparring and said that his dreams changed from that to dreaming that he was striking far too hard - breaking his friend's bones, smashing teeth, other disconcerting things. Said that he felt like those dreams revealed a subconscious insecurity - at first he was worried about not training hard enough and not being able to perform, then he was worried about not being able to hold back and hurting someone. I thought it was interesting. That explanation doesn't totally fit with when I actually have those dreams but it doesn't not fit either.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I continue to have dreams where I've skipped a class for an entire semester, until the night before (or day of) the exam, and I somehow have to make up for all that time missed immediately.  I haven't been in a classroom of any kind in 14 years.

I never have recurring dreams.  Maybe it means I’m a psychopath.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

I'm lying in my bed, and I float above it and start travelling sort of willingly, sort of as a passenger towards a park in the center of town (I started this dream in Worland, and when I had it there, I floated over the correct streets to get to this particular park. Since then, I just sorta... float over nondescript land until I reach that same park from the early '90s). I reach the park and it is daytime only over the park, with people playing in it. In the center of the park is a giant pit, about 10 feet in diameter. I float towards it and begin dropping in to it. At first it's interesting, there's people in the pit and I'm choosing to explore it. as I go deeper, the pit gets darker,narrower, and the people in it get hostile. I start trying to float out, but it becomes difficult; I work and work on it, but with all my "effort" - in the dream I can make a concerted effort to float, somehow - I just avoid plummeting into the pit or ramming in to the sides. Eventually the pit gets dank and the people on the sides are reaching out to grab me with obvious ill intent. 

I had this dream all the time as a child, I thought it was just a child dream. I've had it maybe 3 times as an adult - but it's enough it seems to recur. 

Your dream seems pretty tame but that part about being in Worland scared the bejesus out of me!

2 hours ago, Orange said:

I continue to have dreams where I've skipped a class for an entire semester, until the night before (or day of) the exam, and I somehow have to make up for all that time missed immediately.  I haven't been in a classroom of any kind in 14 years.

How funny.  I have a very similar, recurring dream.  And it's been even longer since I've been to college. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

I have a couple of recurring dreams. In one of them I’m explaining how we’re going to integrate a new piece of equipment into our range or I’m helping a crew troubleshoot an issue and for some reason I can’t read a schematic anymore.

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Anyone else dream about missing flights the night before traveling?

All the time.

3 hours ago, Orange said:

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

How funny.  I have a very similar, recurring dream.  And it's been even longer since I've been to college. 

Did you guys ever have dreams about the exams you had to take the next day?

It happened to me through both MOS schools and college.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Juan said:

Did you guys ever have dreams about the exams you had to take the next day?

It happened to me through both MOS schools and college.

No.  Just for the classes I never took, but in my dream, I was enrolled in that class and didn't know it.

I did have dreams about classes I was taking and walking in to a test I didn't know about and hadn't prepared for. 

Barack Obama

40 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Anyone else dream about missing flights the night before traveling?

Not me.  Too phucking hammered to dream about anything. 

Vacation starts well before I hop on a plane.  I rarely have to travel for anything other than pleasure, and I find my flights to be more comfortable while nursing a mild hangover.  I sleep better too, which is nice, because otherwise, I find it nearly impossible to fall to sleep on a plane. 

I don't drink all that much. And when I do, it's usually for medicinal purposes.  Like having to catch a plane the next day.  :D 

Barack Obama

33 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

No.  Just for the classes I never took, but in my dream, I was enrolled in that class and didn't know it.

I did have dreams about classes I was taking and walking in to a test I didn't know about and hadn't prepared for. 

When I have those dreams it was an episode that lasted an entire semester. I'd have 4-5 classes I always attend and one I just... forget. I show up to it, like, once a month, always with a huge pile of work to do, and things I don't understand at all, and I promise to myself I'd go more and catch up. And then 4-5 dream weeks of class pass and I forget to go to the class EVERY TIME and have like a 3% in it and don't even know what the class title means.

I waited tables off and on for about 8 years. I last put on an apron in 2011. I STILL, STILL, about once a month, have a nightmare about it. I have dozens of tables who all need something, I can’t find anything, my food is dying in the window, and no one will help me. I’m certain that I’m going to die in my sleep an old man while having this nightmare. My last thought will be, “I forgot their side of ranch...”

29 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I waited tables off and on for about 8 years. I last put on an apron in 2011. I STILL, STILL, about once a month, have a nightmare about it. I have dozens of tables who all need something, I can’t find anything, my food is dying in the window, and no one will help me. I’m certain that I’m going to die in my sleep an old man while having this nightmare. My last thought will be, “I forgot their side of ranch...”

Been there, it looks like this :pullhair:.

Fortunately, I haven't seen that one in awhile.

8 hours ago, happycamper said:

I think the people at MUFON would be interested in your dream. Sounds like a repressed alien abduction. 

I have this nightmare occasionally where I feel like everyone on the MWC board can see me posting in nothing but my underwear. Beer cans and pizza boxes all around......shudder.......