Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am Ram

Iceland honors lost glacier with memorial monument

On 7/23/2019 at 8:58 PM, easybronc said:

Glaciers are racist.  They're all white except on the bottom.  I'm sure they're outlawed in California.

When I was at UNLV, I had a Chinese general Ed geography teacher, and he was right off the boat. He could speak English, sort of. As many know, Chinese can’t make the “L”  sound and instead comes out R. So they FLOW as FROW. And they can’t do “i” and make an “a”. So ICE is sounds like ASS.  

Now that we have that taken care of, one day in class he was lecturing on glaciers and how they move slowly and just carve out the earth at the bottom. Ok, here’s the quotes but I’ve subbed in ASS instead ICE per how he said it. And “mass of” sounded like “massive”. So “big mass of ice” sounds like “big massive ass”

“OK, look up here.....we have big, big massive ass. Just look at that big massive ass as it moves down with force and just scours the landscape below”. And then everyone was laughing, and he said “what is so funny about a big massive ass scouring the landscape?” And then the laughter went nuts, and that poor guy was so confused. 

kat.jpg