Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

The Boise deal will continue with the new T.V. contract. News from Media Days.

2 hours ago, 8BitPirate said:

Still salty about that whole Hawaii Bowl thing I see.  I was just wondering how much money ESPN was gonna rain down upon the mighty MWC.  I'm guessing what, $2 million each? Boise carving out 4. 

Oh, you're gunna fit in well over here. Just about every fanbase here desperately holds on to that one time they beat Boise... and then for some reason, those same fans falsely believe that Boise fans give two shets about some random game "x" number of years ago against some average G5. 

41 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Oh, you're gunna fit in well over here. Just about every fanbase here desperately holds on to that one time they beat Boise... and then for some reason, those same fans falsely believe that Boise fans give two shets about some random game "x" number of years ago against some average G5. 

I mean its from the same era that the boise fan's harken back to as their best ever, seems fair enough for him to remember the same era as you guys-it's all in the distant past but at least they've beaten you.  Until you beat them you can't really talk.

2 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

Hey what’s up with ecu?  I’ve always been impressed with your stadium and fan support.  How come you guys kept on getting snubbed from moving up until the aac finally called because there really isn’t anybody decent left.  I’m seriously interested, not trying to troll you even though your here being an ass. 

Politics is the answer to the question you seek.  FWIW I'm curious what MW will get too and it has nothing to do with my preferred team, it's best for cfb if MW not only gets as a high a payout as possible but that they become a top conference competitively.  

On 7/24/2019 at 9:25 AM, Tulsa Guy said:

Agreed!  BSU has set themselves up for life.  No kind of about it.

Regarding who has the biggest balls, I would vote for BYU who left the conference like TCU and Utah.

1) Boise DID leave the conference.

2) How much "balls" does it take to leave the MWC for a P5 conference?

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I mean its from the same era that the boise fan's harken back to as their best ever, seems fair enough for him to remember the same era as you guys-it's all in the distant past but at least they've beaten you.  Until you beat them you can't really talk.

It was further away than UCF's 0-fer season... he||, it might even be further away than UCF's OTHER 0-fer season. Boise has seen UCF's come and go over the decades... Boise is the only one that has maintained consistency. You'll be forgotten when you have your next inevitable 0-fer season.   

1 hour ago, fearthefumanchu said:

2) How much "balls" does it take to leave the MWC for a P5 conference?

A lot.  Just not in the way you think.  Spending hundreds of millions on coaches and facilities with absolutely no idea if there will be a payoff in the future takes major huevos.  And a little bit of luck helps, too.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

14 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Boise has seen UCF's come and go over the decades... Boise is the only one that has maintained consistency. You'll be forgotten when you have your next inevitable 0-fer season.   

Since UCF has become D1 they've won more games faster than any other team ever, that's the opposite of what you're saying.  They were also the fastest to reach NY bowl games.  Honestly you don't know what you're talking about.  This is evidenced by the foolhardy 0fer talk.  Sure it sucked that year that it happened (X2) but I'd trade an 0fer for what's happened the last 5 years any day. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but each time you take a silly approach knocking UCF it just makes you look like you don't know what you're saying, you're just being salty.  UCF's rise is good for college football, get over it.  You're just mad bc you said something stupid to the ECU guy and got exposed.  

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Since UCF has become D1 they've won more games faster than any other team ever, that's the opposite of what you're saying.  They were also the fastest to reach NY bowl games.  Honestly you don't know what you're talking about.  This is evidenced by the foolhardy 0fer talk.  Sure it sucked that year that it happened (X2) but I'd trade an 0fer for what's happened the last 5 years any day. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but each time you take a silly approach knocking UCF it just makes you look like you don't know what you're saying, you're just being salty.  UCF's rise is good for college football, get over it.  You're just mad bc you said something stupid to the ECU guy and got exposed.  

Uh, no.  Boise and UCF both went D1 in 1996.  Since then Boise has 209 wins, UCF has 158.  Boise made the Fiesta Bowl January 2007, UCF in 2014.  Boise is 12-6 in Bowl games, UCF is 4-6./  Here comes the big one.  Boise has spent 147 weeks in the top 25, UCF has spent 38.  Do you have idea what you are talking about?

14 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Uh, no.  Boise and UCF both went D1 in 1996.  Since then Boise has 209 wins, UCF has 158.  Boise made the Fiesta Bowl January 2007, UCF in 2014.  Boise is 12-6 in Bowl games, UCF is 4-6./  Here comes the big one.  Boise has spent 147 weeks in the top 25, UCF has spent 38.  Do you have idea what you are talking about?

You beat me to it. Or you could point out that Boise has been in the top-25 at some point in the season for 17 straight years. Or the 2nd highest winning % in all of college football. Or the winningest team of this millennium.

See swoosh, these are what are called facts. It seems you've fallen victim to homer board intellectual inbreeding, where someone says something that they all want to believe and the group yells, "FACT!" That's a totally different kind of fact... one that's actually not a fact. 

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Still got that blade of grass stuck between your two teeth?

I do have to hand it to SDSUfan. They are the only fans on this board that don't make a big stink out of beating Boise. It's that whole, "act like you've been there before." The rest of this board's fans could take note of that. 

By 2009, UCF had won 80 games and zero bowl games.

By 2009, Boise State had won 134 games and won 2 Fiesta Bowls.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 8/15/2019 at 12:39 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We are giving Fresno welfare.  We will sell our rights for a whole lot more then we keep.  Enjoy the handout.

I view Fresno kind of like Wendy. Trashy and broke as +++++ but hella street savvy and can totally get the better of us now and then. And yet there is still something about her that makes us want her to do well even though she peaked in life long ago. 

MV5BMjI5NDA4OTA5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzkz

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

13 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

pic deleted

Damn...doesnt this board have NSFW tags or something.....

12 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

This post should be pinned. Don’t think he will be back. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

23 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I do have to hand it to SDSUfan. They are the only fans on this board that don't make a big stink out of beating Boise. It's that whole, "act like you've been there before." The rest of this board's fans could take note of that. 

What a load of crap.  SDSU has only played Boise a few times (6) which started less than 10 years ago.  Fresno has beaten Boise as many times (3) as SDSU has since joining the MWC in 2012.  SDSU has got nothing on Fresno.  And  Fresno is going to hand SDSU their ass again this year and take the West Div for the 5th time in 7 years.

12 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

This post should be pinned. Don’t think he will be back. 

This board definitely has its share of idiot posters. However, the AAC board has twice as many. No better example than that those numbnutz think Aresco is God.

Boom goes the dynamite.

37 minutes ago, SBBulldog85 said:

What a load of crap.  SDSU has only played Boise a few times (6) which started less than 10 years ago.  Fresno has beaten Boise as many times (3) as SDSU has since joining the MWC in 2012.  SDSU has got nothing on Fresno.  And  Fresno is going to hand SDSU their ass again this year and take the West Div for the 5th time in 7 years.

Speaking of loads of craps, what you said is cherry picking at its finest.

You guys beat Boise exactly once while in the WAC in how many games(?) and you had an epic 4-year run in 2008-2011 in which you lost to the Broncos by an average score of 55-10 whereas Boise hasn't beat us by >17.

On your final point, despite your very recent success, you're still under .500 all-time against SDSU. Inferiority complex much?

Boom goes the dynamite.