Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

The Boise deal will continue with the new T.V. contract. News from Media Days.

BOISE STATE HOME GAMES UNDER ESPN CONTRACT

Sept 8, UConn, 233K

Oct 6, SDSU, 269K

Oct 19, CSU, 420 K

Nov 3, BYU, 480K

Nov 24, USU, 1.078M

AVERAGE = 496K

MWC Conference Championship Game:  FSU VS BSU, 1.036M

AAC Conference Championship Game:  Memphis VS UCF, 3.321M

The UCF @Tulsa game (1.170M) outdrew the MWC Championship game (1.036M). 

As an aside, Tulsa, a school of 4.300 students and only 5 football wins in the last two years drew the following:

Sept 9, Tulsa @Temple, 728K

Oct 4, Tulsa @Houston, 562K

Oct 12, USF @Tulsa, 1.170M

Average:  820K

Oklahoma, the smallest populated state in the AAC geography with 4M people, would be the third largest populated state in MWC behind only California and Colorado.  My guess a lot of OU and OSU fans turned on the Tulsa telecasts in this football crazy state.  Tulsa was involved in 3 of the top 8 AAC TV telecast viewership in 2018.

Both OKC and Tulsa rank very high nationally in the PERCENTAGE of TVs turned on during sporting events.  About 60% of the OKC TVs are turned on watching OU games when the Sooners play.  For OSU, it is 40%.  OKC's metro population is 1.4M and Tulsa just reached 1M.

U

9 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

What exactly are we debating here?

TV contract negotiations for MWC, Boise, and BYU.....plus the bowls have not been completely worked out.  Everyone is speculating, which is one of the primary activities and interests on these various sports boards.

I understand but are there MW people here arguing that viewership should be used in determining their contract size/bowl affiliation? Their viewership is in line with the conferences they refuse to acknowledge as equals like Sunbelt and CUSA, and likely lower than MAC...it seems counter intuitive to take that angle. 

Geography and population densities are real hard to comprehend.

On 7/23/2019 at 9:53 AM, boisewitha-s said:

Bsu should get to keep all of its tv contract money. The fact that we pay everyone else’s bills is absurd. 

Whose paying whose bills? You can’t even afford travel to Hawaii let alone paying anyone else’s bills. Fix your cheap a$$ pixie stick stadium also, we know the blue turf is cheaper than green but cheez.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:43 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

My bad I was thinking of MAC money.  Still not much of a difference.

It would be nice to have a bowl tie in with the ACC so the MWC could mop up the floor with them every year regardless of the amount of tv revenue the MWC receives annually.  

On 7/27/2019 at 7:37 AM, rebelcuff said:

Boise has no options as far as conference goes. I don't understand keeping this deal.

Because they had leverage and wanted to put their wiener in the Mountain West's pretty butt hole.

On 7/29/2019 at 9:23 PM, Warbow said:

Whose paying whose bills? You can’t even afford travel to Hawaii let alone paying anyone else’s bills. Fix your cheap a$$ pixie stick stadium also, we know the blue turf is cheaper than green but cheez.

Hawaii has a pretty butt hole too

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:52 PM, Jalapeno said:

ESPN+ in the running too?

As someone who has had ESPN + for 7 months let me assure you that would be the best thing to happen to the MWC in a long time.

13 hours ago, 1066 said:

As someone who has had ESPN + for 7 months let me assure you that would be the best thing to happen to the MWC in a long time.

Agreed.  It would be great for the MWC and a good recruiting tool.  Perhaps that is one of the factors why the P12 is struggling eh?

6 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Why do you care? Shouldn't you be on the realignment board talking about how lucky you are that the top of the AAC hasn't gave ECU the boot?

Still salty about that whole Hawaii Bowl thing I see.  I was just wondering how much money ESPN was gonna rain down upon the mighty MWC.  I'm guessing what, $2 million each? Boise carving out 4. 

9 minutes ago, 8BitPirate said:

Still salty about that whole Hawaii Bowl thing I see.  I was just wondering how much money ESPN was gonna rain down upon the mighty MWC.  I'm guessing what, $2 million each? Boise carving out 4. 

What's funny (or sad) is that ESPN is dropping spare change on your heads, and you think it's raining cash. 

Coins+rain.gif

You know who makes more than the AAC with their 5 year old contract?

mbradley.jpg

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
32 minutes ago, 8BitPirate said:

Doesn't East Carolina have a tiny athletics budget, though?

19 hours ago, 8BitPirate said:

Soooooo what's up with the MWC Media Deal?

Hey what’s up with ecu?  I’ve always been impressed with your stadium and fan support.  How come you guys kept on getting snubbed from moving up until the aac finally called because there really isn’t anybody decent left.  I’m seriously interested, not trying to troll you even though your here being an ass. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."