Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

The Boise deal will continue with the new T.V. contract. News from Media Days.

9 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

To state I’m wrong you would have to know what I said which apparently is too complex for the Boise State grad to comprehend.   

Boise’s special deal is guaranteed in perpetuity for TV.   By contract any TV negotiations with ESPN or CBSSports would require the Boise deal to be separate.   Which is in essence what the link states.  Your link doesn’t say anything about signing a TV agreement or streaming via stadium as an alternative.   

Try to keep up.

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

You really do have a short memory. You and Tedford Train are gonna have to really be there for each other in the coming months.

Why’s that?  I’ll be quite content with back to back championships. 

1 minute ago, ClevelandBrown said:

I'd feel good about beating the daddy of the MW too. Well done.

There’s only one program that has the balls to win a conference championship and then embarrass us all by losing the Vegas Bowl.  

13 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

There’s only one program that has the balls to win a conference championship and then embarrass us all by losing the Vegas Bowl.  

Only one school who thinks winning one game (I'll give them that...better team that day) is the equal to BSU. $ doesn't lie!

I think, therefore I'm.

Just now, ClevelandBrown said:

Only one school who thinks winning one game (I'll give them that...better team that day) is the equal to BSU. $ doesn't lie!

With a smug face some stated today,”We’d love to have SJSU be a major game each year.”  Thus they don’t understand that the 2013 game instilled a ten year (at least) hangover.  

Our loss to Nevada did the same, but it was expedited by our 2014 Fiesta Bowl win.  

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Thompson had no choice this time around, it's part of the contract that brought us back.  The deal is permanent. 

I doubt there’s been a more documented case of “Bro-ness” when first met King Kustra and demanded a flying high five because of the above.  

18 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

ESPN+ in the running too?

ESPN plus is the most underrated and underpriced service on the net. If we get on the plus it will be a major improvement. 

9 minutes ago, 1066 said:

ESPN plus is the most underrated and underpriced service on the net. If we get on the plus it will be a major improvement. 

I sincerely am hoping that happens.  Not a big fan of CBS Sports or even the Pac-12 Network.

Back to football for me. I'm wondering how Fresno impressed the vast majority of voters? No logic to it as they only return 3 on offense and 6 on defense. Did the Fresno Bee get 17 votes? Let's call it the Tedford Factor. I look forward to Fresno impressing with wins @USC and Minnesota. If they  do, it will make the Nov15 game in SD all the more exciting. 

9 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Thompson had no choice this time around, it's part of the contract that brought us back.  The deal is permanent. 

Thats cute. But no. Boise is a JC that had a stretch of luck. That luck is already running out. There is nothing foundational about Boise. No sugar daddy Nike. No strong local recruiting options. No regional partners. Just taters and trucks.   

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

38 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

Boise is a JC that had a stretch of luck. 

A .728 winning percentage, 19 Conference Titles, and 19 Bowl Games since 1999 is " a stretch of luck"?

LMFAO!

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, godogsgo said:

Thats cute. But no. Boise is a JC that had a stretch of luck. That luck is already running out. There is nothing foundational about Boise. No sugar daddy Nike. No strong local recruiting options. No regional partners. Just taters and trucks.   

Boise is the probably the only "National" interest school in the entire MWC.

SDSU probably has the most potential.   But only Boise really can carry a national audience on TV.   Given their sustained success, I'm not sure how you can argue otherwise.

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, Tulsa Guy said:

So BSU is permanently in MWC?  Huge congrats!

Yes.  Boise owns their TV rights for life in the MWC.

So...if the rest of the Conference signs with Stadium or Facebook, Boise can go out on their own and negotiate a deal with ESPN.   Plus, they get their higher payout.  

Not even BYU had the balls to do what Boise did....  

They have kind of set themselves up for life with an advantage in the MWC.

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Boise is the probably the only "National" interest school in the entire MWC.

SDSU probably has the most intentional.   But only Boise really can carry a national audience on TV.   Given their sustained success, I'm not sure how you can argue otherwise.

You can argue anything stun gun.  You of all people should know this.  It only takes a few losing seasons and a couple poor administration decisions to destroy a program.  You have witnessed this first hand.  

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Yes.  Boise owns their TV rights for life in the MWC.

So...if the rest of the Conference signs with Stadium or Facebook, Boise can go out on their own and negotiate a deal with ESPN.   Plus, they get their higher payout.  

Not even BYU had the balls to do what Boise did....  

They have kind of set themselves up for life with an advantage in the MWC.

Agreed!  BSU has set themselves up for life.  No kind of about it.

Regarding who has the biggest balls, I would vote for BYU who left the conference like TCU and Utah.