Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RSF

Arizona Bowl

2 hours ago, RSF said:

I am afraid the game may be broadcast on Wednesday night at 9:00 PM  That is the way the MAC usually does it.

Honestly people from Ohio love Arizona in the winter. Given how Ohio-centric the MAC is, could lead to decent attendance in the bowl going forward IMO. 

I will definitely attend this bowl. It’s just a 3 hour drive and New Years Eve in Yuma is a dangerous place. Too many idiots shooting guns in the air. It’s worse than an Iraqi wedding!

Just now, Uncle Juan said:

I will definitely attend this bowl. It’s just a 3 hour drive and New Years Eve in Yuma is a dangerous place. Too many idiots shooting guns in the air. It’s worse than an Iraqi wedding!

Sounds like my trip to Jacksonville on Friday. 

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Honestly people from Ohio love Arizona in the winter. Given how Ohio-centric the MAC is, could lead to decent attendance in the bowl going forward IMO. 

I believe there are also a lot of Midwest transplants in Arizona.   So locals might attend the game now, too.

14 minutes ago, PojoPops said:

NMSU also has a tie-in to the Arizona bowl.  The MWC and MAC have first dibs, but we have a separate agreement with the bowl if (biiiiiiiiiigggggg if) we become bowl eligible.

It was definitely an impressive turnout last time you guys were in the bowl. I'd think that you guys would get a tie-in to the NM Bowl first though...

8 minutes ago, bigd said:

It was definitely an impressive turnout last time you guys were in the bowl. I'd think that you guys would get a tie-in to the NM Bowl first though...

Surprisingly, we don't have an official tie-in to the NM Bowl (but I'm sure they would consider us if we were eligible).  In fact, we thought we were going there instead of the AZ Bowl at the time.  I'm sure the NM Bowl regretted not taking us after seeing the turnout.

48 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Michigan and Illinois too.  There are A LOT of transplants from Ohio, Michigan, and Illinois down in AZ.  Makes sense for that footprint honestly.  

Annual Bowl Games

• Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl – vs. C-USA
  • Famous Idaho Potato Bowl – vs. MWC
  • NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl – vs. MWC
  • Quick Lane Bowl – vs. Big Ten

Two Appearances from the following

• Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl
  • Camellia Bowl
  • Cure Bowl
  • Frisco Bowl
  • Mobile Alabama Bowl
  • Myrtle Beach Bowl
  • New Mexico Bowl

https://fbschedules.com/mac-announces-new-bowl-lineup-for-2020-through-2025/

It appears that rotating the bowl matchups is how ESPN is compensating for Bowls they feel are low rated, etc.  

3 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

Annual Bowl Games

• Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl – vs. C-USA
  • Famous Idaho Potato Bowl – vs. MWC
  • NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl – vs. MWC
  • Quick Lane Bowl – vs. Big Ten

Two Appearances from the following

• Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl
  • Camellia Bowl
  • Cure Bowl
  • Frisco Bowl
  • Mobile Alabama Bowl
  • Myrtle Beach Bowl
  • New Mexico Bowl

https://fbschedules.com/mac-announces-new-bowl-lineup-for-2020-through-2025/

It appears that rotating the bowl matchups is how ESPN is compensating for Bowls they feel are low rated, etc.  

Yeah honestly I wish the MW could get more rotating matchups. Keeps things more interesting than having the same 5 bowls every year. Most members have already played in each one multiple times.

13 hours ago, bigd said:

Yeah honestly I wish the MW could get more rotating matchups. Keeps things more interesting than having the same 5 bowls every year. Most members have already played in each one multiple times.

Rotating match ups just leads to uninteresting bowls further away on the East Coast.