Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any recent news on MWC TV contract available?

Is there any more news on our upcoming contract?  I know the Los Vegas Review Journal predicted Boise gets 2.8 million and the rest of us get $666 K. I find this hard to believe. But should we not be getting updates on the contract soon?

I believe early fall was previously mentioned, that is only six weeks or so away. Has anyone heard anything significant.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv/mountain-west-future-on-line-as-tv-talks-take-place-1700826/

Any more hopeful news published recently? The review journal can not be correct on this. Pardon my ignorance UNLV fans but is the Review Journal a generally trustworthy source or not?

Semi related...the MAC and CBSSN announced a 4 yr contract extension for their sublicensing deal.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

5 minutes ago, woo pig sooie said:

Bless your hearts!

do you have TV in Arkansas yet?

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

1 hour ago, woo pig sooie said:

Bless your hearts!

An athletics budget north of $100M, including TV revenue of what, $40M or so.  And what does Arkansas do with it? They got their FB program all the way to 7th place in the SEC West!! Which is also dead last, but 7th place is nothing to sneeze at! What color is the ribbon for 7th (in the division) anyway?

6 minutes ago, 307dude said:

An athletics budget north of $100M, including TV revenue of what, $40M or so.  And what does Arkansas do with it? They got their FB program all the way to 7th place in the SEC West!! Which is also dead last, but 7th place is nothing to sneeze at! What color is the ribbon for 7th (in the division) anyway?

This @woo pig sooie character reminds me of @CARDINALTROJAN in many ways. Same dude? @mugtang their trollish posting style is similar. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

10 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

He should just not talk to the media anymore.  Very confident that the new deal will be larger than the current deal makes it seem like the MW is having issues getting a partner lined up to pay the MW anything more than peanuts.  

Which could be the case, but keep quiet about while you are in negotiations.  

4 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

He should just not talk to the media anymore.  Very confident that the new deal will be larger than the current deal makes it seem like the MW is having issues getting a partner lined up to pay the MW anything more than peanuts.  

Putting his foot in his mouth is not new, one only needs to remember the Gonzaga invite which was about as ham handed as could be.

1 minute ago, Wyobraska said:

The MW should get a better deal.  You got CBS Sports Network, ESPN+, FloSports, and other streaming platforms.  The more bidders, the more money the winner will be paying out.

Dan Beebe said the same thing about the Big 12 even when there were rumblings that CU and Nebraska were about to leave the conference and yet the Big 12 got a better deal after all.

Larry Scott also said that those negotiations typically start at least a few years in advance for any conference so Thompson has been at it for quite sometime by now and the lawyers might be hammering out the final details of said contract.  Such things are necessary for the ADs of said conference for planning purposes especially when it comes to potential capital projects for said athletic department.

1 minute ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Something tells me the deal will be very underwhelming.

Yeah, the writing on the wall is not good.  Probably something like $2 million per team per year or something.  I know that the TV deal was reworked a few years ago, but it is sad how little the bump will be considering how long ago the original contract was signed.