Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Disney’s live action remakes

So I’ve taken my daughter to see the 3 Disney remakes, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin & The Lion King.  All 3 of them have been ok but not great and certainly not better than the cartoon versions.  But I suppose Disney doesn’t give a shit.  They count on idiots like me going to see if this one will be any better than the original.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I actually saw the lion king. I thought it was beautifully shot, magnificently scored, masterfully acted, and completely unnecessary.

Oh it had beautiful visuals, a great score and great voice overs.  I could’ve gotten the same story and shots on the discovery channel. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

The only one that I've watched so far was Beauty and the Beast, and even then I waited for it to be available for home media. I may take all three kids to see Lion King this week, but that's the only one I'm all that interested in, and Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie. 

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

So I’ve taken my daughter to see the 3 Disney remakes, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin & The Lion King.  All 3 of them have been ok but not great and certainly not better than the cartoon versions.  But I suppose Disney doesn’t give a shit.  They count on idiots like me going to see if this one will be any better than the original.  

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

The only one that I've watched so far was Beauty and the Beast, and even then I waited for it to be available for home media. I may take all three kids to see Lion King this week, but that's the only one I'm all that interested in, and Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie. 

So, the important question for Disney is 'what did your kids think of the movies'?

3 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

So, the important question for Disney is 'what did your kids think of the movies'?

Lion King was her favorite of the 3. 

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Oh it had beautiful visuals, a great score and great voice overs.  I could’ve gotten the same story and shots on the discovery channel. 

My kid isn’t old enough for movies yet so I saw it for purely nostalgic reasons, and yeah, I could have just watched planet earth or something. Hell, Disney could have just re-released the original and probably made a huge profit. 

I haven't seen any of them, my kids haven't wanted to go and neither have I. Give us some new content instead of rehashes.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

This is the exact reason why they are making them is to cash in on nostalgia and bring in the new generation. Lion King is my favorite Disney film, I remember seeing it with my parents when I was 5 years old at the now closed Crest Drive In Theater in Bakersfield. It was a double feature with Lion King being played first for the kids and the second film for adults and teens was Speed! 

I don't mind them making a remake every now and then, but they are dead set on remaking the entire Renaissance era. Disney needs to give us something interesting! One film that I would love to see have a live action remake would be The Black Cauldron. The Horned King was badass! 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

The only one I've had any interest in is the Lion King because of the cast. Big fan of Donald Glover.

8 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

I don't mind them making a remake every now and then, but they are dead set on remaking the entire Renaissance era. Disney needs to give us something interesting! One film that I would love to see have a live action remake would be The Black Cauldron. The Horned King was badass! 

Was a big fan of of that one growing up. It is a mash-up of the first two books of the "The Chronicales of Prydain" books. I read them when I was in Elementary and I loved them. They were the first books that got me into fantasy. I just looked and a couple of years ago Disney got the rights to the series and are working on an adaptation. So I doubt we will see a remake of the cartoon movie hopefully we can get an adaptation of the series which is a much better thing. But I don't see any news regarding the series since it was announced that Disney had the rights in 2016 so who knows if anything will ever happen.

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

I really liked Aladdin. I did not care for the other two and will not be seeing the Little Mermaid. I still can't believe that Disney casted that little boy-looking Harry Potter chick as Belle. Belle is supposed to be +++++ing hot, not some weird half-step that falls somewhere in between genders.

Emma Watson isn't attractive? Wow.

crazy ex girlfriend wow GIF

1 hour ago, Bob said:

image.png.c77a0ecc8e4c7714d592aa1f55aff4f0.pngimage.png.50dd697ab7e5295664b8250ef3db53d2.pngThere are probably 100 women that are more attractive in Fallon, NV

Yeah, cuz every chick who just rolled out of bed looks like a supermodel.

Farah_emma_280916-750x400.jpg

Whatever you're +++++ing is a 3 compared to her.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

image.png.c77a0ecc8e4c7714d592aa1f55aff4f0.pngimage.png.50dd697ab7e5295664b8250ef3db53d2.pngThere are probably 100 women that are more attractive in Fallon, NV

I see better around here on a daily basis but I highly doubt you're seeing something better than that in Fallon, NV. 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Nope. She looks like a pre-pubescent boy.

Find a pre pubescent boy that looks like that, Bob will be trying to +++++ it

13 hours ago, mugtang said:

Girls loved Aladdin, the music is MUCH better than the original (I mean... there's actually a score, for one). Lion King was blah, CGI lions don't show emotion as well as animated slightly anthropomorphic ones. Beauty and the Beast was better, IMO, the range of the actors was a lot better.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

I've never been to Fallon, but my point still stands. She is u.g.l.y.

It's like a drier version of Glendive, Montana.