Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

The Real Reason SJSU Destroyed Half Their Stadium

3 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Just look at those ceiling tiles and 80’s fluorescent lights.  

D771FCBA-B26D-4F3C-AF29-50B65A4D80CF.gif

It looks like the Arcade I went to at The Mall in the '70's

Faculty are really at odds with athletics, especially football, at SJSU. Many of them believe their departments get the shaft when it comes to funding and think that wouldn’t happen if athletics didn’t get such a significant slice of the pie. I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody just started a rumor and people who want the football program cut just ran with it. 

34 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Faculty are really at odds with athletics, especially football, at SJSU. Many of them believe their departments get the shaft when it comes to funding and think that wouldn’t happen if athletics didn’t get such a significant slice of the pie. I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody just started a rumor and people who want the football program cut just ran with it. 

This may actually be a very reasonable explanation. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

40 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Why are you providing a basis to this troll!?:foottap:

6 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Why are you providing a basis to this troll!?:foottap:

I’m not totally certain he’s lying. The post is obnoxious and hyperbolic and he clearly doesn’t understand what the word “condemned” means but I wouldn’t be surprised if SJSU faculty really said something like this. That’s all.

6 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

Any chance SJ puts some grass over that dirt and let's people sit out there? I think I've seen SMU do that or Virginia I don't remember. 

ford stadium SMU football_1504037076884_4039034_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

CSU has done that for BIG games at Hughes in the grassy end zones in the past...

9 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

Any chance SJ puts some grass over that dirt and let's people sit out there? I think I've seen SMU do that or Virginia I don't remember. 

Grass yes.  Nobody will sit there though.  It is way too steep.  If it truly was taken out because somebody was worried that we would get sued, they surely don't want people on that hill post tailgate.

2 minutes ago, SJ PRIDE said:

Grass yes.  Nobody will sit there though.  It is way too steep.  If it truly was taken out because somebody was worried that we would get sued, they surely don't want people on that hill post tailgate.

that sucks, but understandable especially if someone had one to many cervezas during a game.

4 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Just look at those ceiling tiles and 80’s fluorescent lights.  

looks like some 'Last Chane U' level stuff...the kids even look a little underwhelmed

mem skyline sig.jpeg

33 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

I really like SMU's stadium.

smu-drone-1.jpg

mem skyline sig.jpeg

7 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

I really like SMU's stadium.

smu-drone-1.jpg

Pictures are deceiving.  There are better HS stadiums in Texas.  The seating bowl is cheap and uncomfortable, and the concourses are ridiculously tight.  And just getting there is an adventure.  But that's what you get when you try to build a stadium on the cheap.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

5 minutes ago, woo pig sooie said:

You west coast people crack me up.

You are pretty advanced for an Arkansas fan.

You can spell 'west coast'.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.