Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

The Real Reason SJSU Destroyed Half Their Stadium

That view of the stadium will be seen every time SJSU is on TV.  They really need to make sure every week looks different than the last week.  Make sure the viewing public can see that work is being done, or it becomes a really bad look.

14 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Of course you won't disclose, because you're lying. What event was it?

Yeah, let me throw the career of some professors under the bus to prove to an internet stranger that I’m not lying. No thanks. Believe what you want, Mike. At some point the denial needs to end. Connect the dots, I know you can do it. Just remember, that if it ever comes out, you heard it here first. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

6 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Yeah, let me throw the career of some professors under the bus to prove to an internet stranger that I’m not lying. No thanks. Believe what you want, Mike. At some point the denial needs to end. Connect the dots, I know you can do it. Just remember, that if it ever comes out, you heard it here first. 

If these supposed professors are tenured, they're pretty much untouchable with regards to their job security. You providing their names on this site would in no way endanger their employment status. So, your argument that you're somehow protecting them is a false narrative, just has your entire story is as well. You won't even provide the name if this so-called event. Additionally, any action by the City of San Jose leading to the demolition of a portion of California state owned Spartan Stadium would be a matter of public record. There could be no repercussions to professors for their disclosing public information. There is no such record of any action by the City of San Jose with regards to the recent pre-construction demolition at the stadium. I'm calling you a blatant liar, and you've done nothing to dispel or disprove that accusation. 

Champ Logo.jpg

This reminds me over the thread he started where a bunch of good sources just told him a lot of Boise State players were about to face legal charges, never happened, but he did get ONE whole Boise fan to bite.

Fresno is just Jealous this SJSU facility will blow away anything they have.  They just did a locker room "upgrade" same facility, with the same yellow stained ties on the ceiling and support beams in the middle of it, +++++ing atrocious  No wonder they struggle to recruit California..   

16 hours ago, dudleyDgroot said:

Total bullshit....City of San Jose has no jurisdiction of the State owned facility....

I'm not sure the city of SJ could "condemn" a facility on state property. However, having been a middle manager for the state for eight years during which I worked both in L.A. and Sacramento, I can say that their facilities ARE obligated to abide by the municipal code of the city in which they reside.

Examples which come to mind are that in Sacto, our office was subject to random inspections by the city fire marshal and when I worked in L.A., although the state legislature had not yet banned smoking in all office buildings, when the L.A. city council did so the smokers among us had to go outside the building to enjoy their habit. Similarly, after leaving state employment I heard this from multiple sources. Not until construction began did state architects learn that the large north-facing awning they had designed to hang over much of the sidewalk on a huge new state building immediately south of City Hall violated the city's building code and, as such, the state was compelled to make mitigation efforts and still needed to get the city council to grant them a waiver.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not vouching for the accuracy of what TTT has said just that it's not necessarily BS because California cities have no such jurisdiction over state facilities.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

If these supposed professors are tenured, they're pretty much untouchable with regards to their job security. You providing their names on this site would in no way endanger their employment status. So, your argument that you're somehow protecting them is a false narrative, just has your entire story is as well. You won't even provide the name if this so-called event. Additionally, any action by the City of San Jose leading to the demolition of a portion of California state owned Spartan Stadium would be a matter of public record. There could be no repercussions to professors for their disclosing public information. There is no such record of any action by the City of San Jose with regards to the recent pre-construction demolition at the stadium. I'm calling you a blatant liar, and you've done nothing to dispel or disprove that accusation. 

I don’t know if they’re tenured or not, and I’m not taking the risk.  From what I hear, SJSU Athletics and Academics have a history of going after each other. If it’s public record, then someone please look it up. I don’t have any experience with that. Contact the city of San Jose? I’m taking screen shots of this. It’s going to be sweet to go back to it when/if it’s exposed. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This reminds me over the thread he started where a bunch of good sources just told him a lot of Boise State players were about to face legal charges, never happened, but he did get ONE whole Boise fan to bite.

Fresno is just Jealous this SJSU facility will blow away anything they have.  They just did a locker room "upgrade" same facility, with the same yellow stained ties on the ceiling and support beams in the middle of it, +++++ing atrocious  No wonder they struggle to recruit California..   

Dude, why do you always confuse me with other Fresno posters? I think that was D4M. Do you struggle putting names with faces in real life? You must have been one of those kids who got extra time after the test. 

18 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

San Jose State would never, and I mean never, have invited a distinguished guest like former NFL Coach Dick Vermeil to publicly speak at a faux groundbreaking ceremony, nor would they have invited the widow of the late Bill Walsh and all of their most cherished alumni/donors to attend such a rues. Fresno State fans on this site have some sort of weird issue with this project, and, despite the years of their calling for SJSU to make improvements to Spartan Stadium, they have made it blatantly clear that they in actuality do not want to see SJSU make any such improvements. Such a pathetic and sad group of individuals.

Weren’t these same illuminaries at the ill fated NEZ announcement too?

15 minutes ago, DrBulldog said:

Weren’t these same illuminaries at the ill fated NEZ announcement too?

The university never held a groundbreaking ceremony for the NEZ project. And the word is luminaries, not "illuminaries".

Champ Logo.jpg

50 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

The university never held a groundbreaking ceremony for the NEZ project. And the word is luminaries, not "illuminaries".

Just taking a wild guess here but I have a feeling "ILLuminaries" was used intentionally.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Dude, why do you always confuse me with other Fresno posters? I think that was D4M. Do you struggle putting names with faces in real life? You must have been one of those kids who got extra time after the test. 

You all look and sound EXACTLY the same, ZK.

1 hour ago, tailingpermit said:

Just look at those ceiling tiles and 80’s fluorescent lights.  

D771FCBA-B26D-4F3C-AF29-50B65A4D80CF.gif

Lol the hootering and hollering by some where hilarious mean while others were looking around like "damn, should have taken that walk-on offer with Oregon or Boise".

What a shitty thing to do to the kids, promise them an upgrade then give that that pile of dog shit (pun intended).  The stained and even broken ceiling tiles, the support beams, the flimsy looking construction board materials the lockers are made of, I bet most are trashed by now.  

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lol the hootering and hollering by some where hilarious mean while others were looking around like "damn, should have taken that walk-on offer with Oregon or Boise".

What a shitty thing to do to the kids, promise them an upgrade then give that that pile of dog shit (pun intended).  The stained and even broken ceiling tiles, the support beams, the films.y looking construction board materials the lockers are made of, I bet most are trashed by now.  

Give them time, the $200 million update is coming within the next 20 years.  

19 minutes ago, dudleyDgroot said:

Unfortunately, we may have to demolish it as officials from the City of Fresno  recently inspected it and determined it was not up to code.....

Everything will go as planned, certainly if Fresno State is allowed to have their asbestos filled “updated locker room,” SJSU will allowed to have a true redesigned locker room.