Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

The Real Reason SJSU Destroyed Half Their Stadium

I had a chance to speak to a few SJSU Professors earlier today. Word is the city of San Jose condemned the stadium. In order to save face, the athletic department spun it like they were getting an early start on their construction project. Two of the professors were adamant that this is what happened. 

Take it for what it is, far from any real proof, but it makes sense. Who destroys half their stadium without the money to rebuild? 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

18 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I had a chance to speak to a few SJSU Professors earlier today. Word is the city of San Jose condemned the stadium. In order to save face, the athletic department spun it like they were getting an early start on their construction project. Two of the professors were adamant that this is what happened. 

Take it for what it is, far from any real proof, but it makes sense. Who destroys half their stadium without the money to rebuild? 

This is what I assumed as well. Makes perfect sense given the rickety condition of the east side of that shit box. 

10 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

Which professors? How did you happen to come to having the access to speak to them. I'm going to call you liar straight out on this one. Prove me wrong.

There’s no way I would ever drop their names on here, but it was an event that professors from several CSU campuses attended. Like I said, take it for what it is. I didn’t ask them where they got their information from. Could just be a game of telephone or it could be legit. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

30 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Interesting, I didn’t think any SJSU professors gave a shit about Spartan Athletics. Maybe there is hope for us after all. 

37 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Total bullshit....City of San Jose has no jurisdiction of the State owned facility....

35 minutes ago, dudleyDgroot said:

Total bullshit....City of San Jose has no jurisdiction of the State owned facility....

So what is the city to do if the state is ignoring or not aware of the decrepit conditions?

Are you saying that those wooden steps weren’t an accident waiting to happen?

If you say no I call bullshit. 

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

There’s no way I would ever drop their names on here, but it was an event that professors from several CSU campuses attended. Like I said, take it for what it is. I didn’t ask them where they got their information from. Could just be a game of telephone or it could be legit. 

Of course you won't disclose, because you're lying. What event was it?

Champ Logo.jpg

1 minute ago, Mike Morgan said:

Of course you won't disclose, because you're lying. What event was it?

So Mike, why would they tear down the whole east side with no intent of  construction starting for two more years?

Why give up those seats before they have to? Explain that. 

San Jose State would never, and I mean never, have invited a distinguished guest like former NFL Coach Dick Vermeil to publicly speak at a faux groundbreaking ceremony, nor would they have invited the widow of the late Bill Walsh and all of their most cherished alumni/donors to attend such a rues. Fresno State fans on this site have some sort of weird issue with this project, and, despite the years of their calling for SJSU to make improvements to Spartan Stadium, they have made it blatantly clear that they in actuality do not want to see SJSU make any such improvements. Such a pathetic and sad group of individuals.

Champ Logo.jpg

7 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

San Jose State would never, and I mean never, have invited a distinguished guest like former NFL Coach Dick Vermeil to publicly speak at a faux groundbreaking ceremony, nor would they have invited the widow of the late Bill Walsh and all of their most cherished alumni/donors to attend such a rues. Fresno State fans on this site have some sort of weird issue with this project, and, despite the years of their calling for SJSU to make improvements to Spartan Stadium, they have made it blatantly clear that they in actuality do not want to see SJSU make any such improvements. Such a pathetic and sad group of individuals.

So why get rid of those seats for two years before they will be replaced?

Answer that. 

Because much infrastructure work must be done before actual construction can begin....Electrical issues....lighting issues....stadium sound systems must be relocated....this part of the project will commence following the season ....but since you are an expert construction project manager, you already know that.....

16 minutes ago, dudleyDgroot said:

Because much infrastructure work must be done before actual construction can begin....Electrical issues....lighting issues....stadium sound systems must be relocated....this part of the project will commence following the season ....but since you are an expert construction project manager, you already know that.....

Lol, so you’re saying that short list will take two calendar years minus the season?

And why didn’t they tear down the east side following the end of the ‘18 season?

22 hours ago, Cincy said:

Lol, so you’re saying that short list will take two calendar years minus the season?

And why didn’t they tear down the east side following the end of the ‘18 season?

Does not seem like a bad strategy honestly.  Really puts an emphasis on fundraising now and insuring it is good to go for the future.  6 month Avatar bet that his is built within, say 9 months within projections?

You guys are spending a whole year to put some led's in the parking lot and a new rug.  What did you ever do to the crumbling concrete seat bank? Oh that's right, nothing.  You caulked the cracks.  You have no place to talk.

8 hours ago, SJ PRIDE said:

You guys are spending a whole year to put some led's in the parking lot and a new rug.  What did you ever do to the crumbling concrete seat bank? Oh that's right, nothing.  You caulked the cracks.  You have no place to talk.

It’s not taking a whole year Einstein it’s taking about two months. That’s a normal timeline. 

Defend it all you want, but every Sharta fan knows the day is coming when SJSU will either drop to FCS or drop football altogether. It’s inevitable.

SJSU needs more fundraising announcements or actions on the project this season.

Visiting media this season will probably comment about the demolition.

How the media spins its comments will probably depend upon how the season goes.

An improved season and some reporters will talk about a renewal of team and stadium.

Another poor season and the media comments about the stadium will sound like this board.

Here are the donations to SJSU's athletic department over the past few years:

2017 - $2.4mm

2016 - $2.2mm

2015 - $2.2mm

2014 - $3.5mm

2013 - $3.5mm

2012 - $2.8mm

2011 - $1.4mm

How much do they need to raise to complete this project?