Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocket

New Law - Racial Vilification Act

Now that we've determined potus is a white nationalist and vilifying races to play his base, we need to talk about potentionally avoiding anything like this in the future. Under Australia's Racial vilification act even potus can be brought up on criminal charges.

https://www.humanrights.gov.au/our-work/racial-vilification-law-australia

ps. I NEED THIS in MY life.

11 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Yeah. Just what we need. The Thought Police.

Curious, why do you hate the 1st Amendment? 

I'm no constitutional lawyer but I believe it does already include directing violence and or threats at an individual and other "hate" speech definitions as not being protected. Also it's an ammendment, by definition needs to be re evaluated to serve ALL Americans not just white nationalists.

4 minutes ago, Rocket said:

I'm no constitutional lawyer but I believe it does already include directing violence and or threats at an individual and other "hate" speech definitions as not being protected. Also it's an ammendment, by definition needs to be re evaluated to serve ALL Americans not just white nationalists.

Yeah. Let's just junk the Bill of Rights. Offensive speech is not hate speech. But Offensive Speech is banned in places like Saudi Arabia and the like so at least you've got good company in your pursuit of a campaign of authoritarian silence. 

I guess I shouldn't be shocked you're pushing another unconstitutional idea reeking of totalitarianism. Orwell wrote books about you people. 

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Yeah. Let's just junk the Bill of Rights. Offensive speech is not hate speech. But Offensive Speech is banned in places like Saudi Arabia and the like so at least you've got good company in your pursuit of a campaign of authoritarian silence. 

I guess I shouldn't be shocked you're pushing another unconstitutional idea reeking of totalitarianism. Orwell wrote books about you people. 

I even put Australia in the topic for the white nationalists but of course Trump's not going to like you using his friends, Saudi Arabia as an example for your idiotic nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Rocket said:

I even put Australia in the topic for the white nationalists but of course Trump's not going to like you using his friends, Saudi Arabia as an example for your idiotic nonsense.

You're the one pushing a Saudi-esque policy, Abu Sharmouta. I'd say they seem to be your friends. They certainly aren't mine. 

This has to be a bad attempt at trolling. At least I hope it is. I can't wrap my head around the idea that some people want to shit can the Bill of Rights. @Rocket WTF is wrong with you? 

Just now, Uncle Juan said:

This has to be a bad attempt at trolling. At least I hope it is. I can't wrap my head around the idea that some people want to shit can the Bill of Rights. @Rocket WTF is wrong with you? 

I used to think he was trolling but I think he's really that stupid. 

On a side note, your new screen name is $$$. lmao. love it. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

I used to think he was trolling but I think he's really that stupid. 

On a side note, your new screen name is $$$. lmao. love it. 

I don't get these type of people, it's like they don't understand that laws like these can be used as a political sledge hammer by either side. A law law like this will be weaponized by both parties, you can count on it.

Once we start banning offensive speech, all speech will become offensive.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Once we start banning offensive speech, all speech will become offensive.  

Who said anything about banning offensive speech? You're becoming as bad as tools.

11 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Who said anything about banning offensive speech? You're becoming as bad as tools.

Lol ok. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 minutes ago, Rocket said:

In your initial post you describe a law that criminalizes offensive speech and then end it with "I Need this in my life". 

You're the one praising the idea. 

23 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

In your initial post you describe a law that criminalizes offensive speech and then end it with "I Need this in my life". 

You're the one praising the idea. 

I said Racial Vilification.

15 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

So it would apply to all races of which there are many. Excluding old white men of course. 

come on man, nobody is victimizing old white men. You just can't start out your campaign with, brown people are rapists, murderers and their bringing drugs, they're not sending us their best. In order to rile up you white nationalist base. Every time you need a distraction, build the wall!

4 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

i'm not ok with this.  i'd rather just counter trump's nonsense with more free speech.

Yeah well minorities feel differently.

Just now, Rocket said:

Yeah well minorities feel differently.

I'm not saying they don't have a gripe.  I'm not even saying that they're incorrect in saying "something ought to be done!"  It's just the what in the something that ought to be done that I disagree with.  I'd rather try to build a society where president trump's antics wouldn't get him elected.