Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

California city to ban gendered language like ‘manhole’ and ‘manpower’

Guest #1Stunner

https://fox13now.com/2019/07/18/california-city-to-ban-gendered-language-like-manhole-and-manpower/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5d3187fcb9415600019af8cf&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Soon, there will be no more manholes in the city of Berkeley, California. There will also be no chairmen, no manpower, no policemen or policewomen.

No, that doesn’t mean a whole city will be without committee leaders and law enforcement. It means that words that imply a gender preference will be removed from the city’s codes and replaced with gender-neutral terms, according a recently adopted ordinance.

The city voted Tuesday night to replace gendered terms in its municipal codes, like “manhole” and “manpower,” with gender-neutral ones like “maintenance hole” and “human effort.”.......

I support State and Local rights.  They’re free to enact whatever stupid laws they want as long as they’re in compliance with the Constitution.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, Wyoguns said:

Just glad I don't live in a +++++ed up place like California...that said, they are free to do this sort of thing.  I'm not going to be outraged over it.

Stupid shithole with the 5th largest economy in the world.

Guest #1Stunner
41 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I don't live in Berkeley or California and it certainly doesn't hurt anyone so knock yourselves out, Berkeley. You do you.

38 minutes ago, Orange said:

Conservatives should go protest.  This is outrageous.

Guest #1Stunner
34 minutes ago, Orange said:

Isn't stunner the guy who started a thread about needless outrage?

Who said anything is outrageous.   You must be projecting..."rage" is your thing.

My only comment is that I agree with Bill Maher on this. ... Political Correctness, and the cumulative effect of it, hurts the Democrats come election time.

But carry on Democrats....keep this up, and keep helping the average Joe voter (not just in California, but nationwide) to get annoyed, and vote for Trump.

35 minutes ago, Orange said:

I think you are misinterpreting me "laughing my ass" off as "outrage".  I'm glad you gave me the opportunity to clarify that for you.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

21 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Who said anything is outrageous.   You must be projecting..."rage" is your thing.

My only comment is that I agree with Bill Maher on this. ... Political Correctness, and the cumulative effect of it, hurts the Democrats come election time.

But carry on Democrats....keep this up, and keep helping the average Joe voter (not just in California, but nationwide) to get annoyed, and vote for Trump.

Nah, I posted a calm, simple question in a thread about climate change, and you said I was "enraged."

Clearly, you're not the person to define what "rage" is.

Guest #1Stunner
44 minutes ago, Orange said:

27 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

5 minutes ago, Orange said:

Nah, I posted a calm, simple question in a thread about climate change, and you said I was "enraged."

Clearly, you're not the person to define what "rage" is.

Are we changing the topic now?  

You don't want to talk about the problem of Democrats being "Politically Correct" anymore, and if it has an effect on elections?   

I mean, your first response was it a "needless" discussion, and to blow it off, right?   

Personally, I think it's more of an issue that Democrats can actually control, and help themselves win elections (i.e., not chasing after needless political correctness), rather than your call to do drastic things like eliminate the electoral college.   

But....whatever.   Rage on, Friend.

1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I encourage everyone to drive to Berkeley and start a “manhole! manpower!” chant. My guess is you’ll be the next Rosa Parks.

I have better things to do, like take a nap. Or get a cavity filled.  Maybe even work some overtime.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I encourage everyone to drive to Berkeley and start a “manhole! manpower!” chant. My guess is you’ll be the next Rosa Parks.

These Berkeley stories are not limited to wacky Berkeley, but become national headlines of the lunacy of Democrats (Bill Maher's points).   Of course, the Republican media will continue to spread these stories far and wide.  (Democrats change "manhole cover" language because they say it is an offensive term!).

We'll watch you make fun of it here now....

......and then be completely perplexed in two years from now about why Donald Trump got reelected.   ("It must be racism....or the electoral college!!!!")

I'm not a Bill Maher fan.  But I think he has a huge point on this, that goes over most Democrats' heads.   A lot of Democrats can't understand Maher's point.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

These Berkeley stories are not limited to wacky Berkeley, but become national headlines of the lunacy of Democrats (Bill Maher's points).   Of course, the Republican media will continue to spread these stories far and wide.  (Democrats change "manhole cover" language because they say it is an offensive term!).

......and then be completely perplexed in two years from now about why Donald Trump got reelected.

I'm not a Bill Maher fan.  But I think he has a huge point on this, that goes over most Democrats' heads.

The idea of the right to not be offended has taken the Dems to an outrageous place in history.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

......and then be completely perplexed in two years from now about why Donald Trump got reelected.   ("It must be racism....or the electoral college!!!!")

I'm not a Bill Maher fan.  But I think he has a huge point on this, that goes over most Democrats' heads.   A lot of Democrats can't understand Maher's point.

Most of us understand and agree with his point 100%.  The disagreement is with regard to the extent liberals REALLY hop on this PC train and demand that the law dictate pronouns, no misgendering, etc.

We don't care.  The policies we discuss are environment, immigration, economy, and foreign policy.  YOU'RE the clown crying hysterically about "womanholes," which, incidentally, you should really go find one because you're clearly in dire need of something to do.