Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLCPoke

Way to go CSU

5 hours ago, Cincy said:

English much?  

No wonder you drive a snowplow for a living. 

Technically he's correct.  Dr. would be a noun.  However, apparently in the "woke" world Mr. and Miss are accepted as personal pronouns the same as he and she.  Volunteering "Dr." as your preference falls in line with that direction of thought and only takes the ridiculousness to a level better suited to highlight the absurdity of the whole issue.

Oh, and for those of you stating how thankful you are that this doesn't happen at your school. 

It does.

8 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

He'd be even smarter if "Dr." was a pronoun.

When did titles become pronouns?

7 hours ago, Cincy said:

English much?  

No wonder you drive a snowplow for a living. 

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Technically he's correct.  Dr. would be a noun.  However, apparently in the "woke" world Mr. and Miss are accepted as personal pronouns the same as he and she.  Volunteering "Dr." as your preference falls in line with that direction of thought and only takes the ridiculousness to a level better suited to highlight the absurdity of the whole issue.

Oh, and for those of you stating how thankful you are that this doesn't happen at your school. 

It does.

¡Thx Brother @Headbutt!

The "'woke' world" hasn't made it to the dictionary yet.  I looked up "Ms" & "Mr" & both are still only listed as nouns, as you mentioned.  None of the professional & social circles I travel in are heavy into the new trendy "personal pronoun" rage, so I'll defer to you on that.

If we give @Cincy the benefit of the doubt, he might have been referring to two-typos I made.  I originally wrote "smart" instead of "smarter" & "is" instead of "if."  I'm thinking this is more likely.  I get the impression debates over the usage of parts of speech are substantially over his head.

1 minute ago, GoState99755 said:

¡Thx Brother @Headbutt!

The "'woke' world" hasn't made it to the dictionary yet.  I looked up "Ms" & "Mr" & both are still only listed as nouns, as you mentioned.  None of the professional & social circles I travel in are heavy into the new trendy "personal pronoun" rage, so I'll defer to you on that.

If we give @Cincy the benefit of the doubt, he might have been referring to two-typos I made.  I originally wrote "smart" instead of "smarter" & "is" instead of "if."  I'm thinking this is more likely.  I get the impression debates over the usage of parts of speech are substaintially over his head.

OK, but you've got to watch some things when we're all discussing English class.

6 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

OK, but you've got to watch some things when we're all discussing English class.

DAMN....SpellChk on this site BLOWS.   CC:  @mugtang

I'm very strong w/the consonants, however vowels throw me for a loop when it comes to spelling.  This will probably bring out the peanut gallery, but here goes anyways.  I spell better in Español than I do in my mother tongue. 

15 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

DAMN....SpellChk on this site BLOWS.   CC:  @mugtang

I'm very strong w/the consonants, however vowels throw me for a loop when it comes to spelling.  This will probably bring out the peanut gallery, but here goes anyways.  I spell better in Español than I do in my mother tongue. 

The site doesn’t use spell check.  It’s all your browser/phone. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 hours ago, Headbutt said:

It does.

Lol, I’m not talking about the pronoun comment, I’m talking about the rest of his gibberish. 

Just now, Cincy said:

Lol, I’m not talking about the pronoun comment, I’m talking about the rest of his gibberish. 

I know, just trying to be fair with the facts though.

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

If we give @Cincy the benefit of the doubt, he might have been referring to two-typos I made.  I originally wrote "smart" instead of "smarter" & "is" instead of "if."  I'm thinking this is more likely.  I get the impression debates over the usage of parts of speech are substantially over his head.

Yeah no need to clarify. We already know you’re an idiot. 

On 7/19/2019 at 2:43 PM, Ro Sham Bo said:

Campusreform.org is a right-wing agenda pushing political organization.  Clearly, their objective is to find ways to spin that colleges are liberal bastions of society.  This is what this so-called article represents... political spin, packaged as news.  Or another way to put it... fake news.

Honestly, anyone stupid enough to think this is actually the school policy wouldn't be accepted to CSU anyway, and on the off chance that they did get accepted, it wouldn't be long before they finish out their studies at Wyo where independent critical thought and the ability to analyze what is and is not fake news is not emphasized.

Carry on.

Rumor I'm hearing in Laramie is that these campusreform.org kids are actually UW students, punking CSU once again.😉

The World Needs More Cowboys!