Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokebball

Tulsi continues to impress

Not commie enough for the left.

She wouldn't win my vote, but I wouldn't feel like the country was in trouble with her in charge.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

10 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

If it was between her and Trump she'd win in a landside I think.  I kinda like what I've heard from her so far.  The far left will +++++ this up though.

Their run on "ideological purity" of the far-left dogma is equally as dumb as the far-right's obsession with "ideological purity" several years back. Both will succeed (or have succeeded) in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that she’s the Russians preferred dem candidate. The far right twittersphere bloomed with “tulsi crushed the debate last night” fawning after her performance a couple of weeks ago, and it was clear that none of them watched it. If it wasn’t for the clamoring for her around here, I’d have forgotten she even participated by now. Something weird is going on.

7 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that she’s the Russians preferred dem candidate. The far right twittersphere bloomed with “tulsi crushed the debate last night” fawning after her performance a couple of weeks ago, and it was clear that none of them watched it. If it wasn’t for the clamoring for her around here, I’d have forgotten she even participated by now. Something weird is going on.

Yea, she’s running against the military industrial complex and a large number of supposed liberals dislike her. Very weird indeed. 

10 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Yea, she’s running against the military industrial complex and a large number of supposed liberals dislike her. Very weird indeed. 

Are there any dem candidates running for the military industrial complex? I think I’ve heard most of them make a case for drastically reducing the dod budget.

3 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Are there any dem candidates running for the military industrial complex? I think I’ve heard most of them make a case for drastically reducing the dod budget.

No dems ever run “for” it, they just say very little about it and support it when they get in office. I know for sure “nothing would fundamentally change” regarding it if Biden, Harris, or Mayor Pete won. Warren would probably keep status quo and focus on other things. 

3 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

No dems ever run “for” it, they just say very little about it and support it when they get in office. I know for sure “nothing would fundamentally change” regarding it if Biden, Harris, or Mayor Pete won. Warren would probably keep status quo and focus on other things. 

I agree with you about Biden. Others I could see not making it their top priority. 

Warren though I’m pretty sure would have to challenge it in order to achieve any of the things she wants. She has big plans for reducing student debt and other pretty expensive items, and a way to justify them would be to couch them in terms of resources. The massive military budget consumes resources and allocates them away from people who really need them. 

Mlk called the Vietnam war a “demonic destructive suction tube” because it vacuumed up money and people and spit them out in an ultimately useless war. The tube is still sucking, and you’re correct that politicians are afraid of turning it off. Gabbard or warren or someone who isn’t afraid should absolutely run on that platform.

Of course, that speech is probably what got king killed so...

Just now, bluerules009 said:

No, because you hate women and are strongly prejudiced against them.

Really?  Please, by all means, explain why her policy positions are in line with yours.