Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orange

Is climate change real, and human caused?

Is climate change real, and substantially human caused?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is climate change real, and substantially human caused?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

I don't believe they have a 0% chance of a meltdown, but we are talking about saving the species.  The risk is worth it!  You can link "plans" for nuclear power plants.  It is real when they come on line, which has not happened in the past 40 years.

They've applied for licensing.  Are they supposed to come online instantly to pacify you?

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

The one thing you can say about @Orange is that he is consistent. Consistently wrong, but still consistent.  

Oh DO tell us more about how the southern strategy is a myth, idiot.

25 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

China is building a coal fired power plant every week and has been for several years.

We are not even close to being the number one polluter.    The United States is at half of China's level and declining while China is increasing its pollution.

Do you ever say anything even remotely factual?

https://www.activesustainability.com/environment/top-5-most-polluting-countries/

1. China (30%) The world’s most populated country has an enormous export market, which has seen its industry grow to become a serious danger to the planet. In just five provinces, which that host most of these industries ,more dioxide is emitted than in any other country in the world. As a consequence, Beijing has experienced, in recent years, constant red alerts for environmental pollution. 2. United States (15%) The world’s biggest industrial and commercial power. Although in recent times it has led the most important initiatives to combat climate change, in practice the great majority have been shown to be insufficient. Neither are its pollution levels limited to big cities; many rural areas are also beginning to notice the consequences. 3. India (7%) Fourteen out of the world’s 15 most contaminated cities are in India, says the World Health Organization. The country has had a law protecting air quality since 1981, but the burning of fossil fuels has grown significantly and as a consequence India occupies third place in the ranking of the most polluting countries in the world. 4. Russia (5%) The biggest country in the world geographically appears in this ranking for its high dependence on products such as oil, coal, gas and fossil fuels. Also, in the past few decades, it has experienced several environmental emergencies and has high levels of deforestation and animal hunting. 5. Japan (4%) Finally, the other great Asian power after China completes the list. Japan is the biggest consumer of fossil fuels in the world and the fifth largest emitter of greenhouse gases. This situation is due to its high level of urban development and industry that seems to care little for nature.

https://www.activesustainability.com/environment/top-5-most-polluting-countries/

Do you not know what the +++++ "per capita" means?

Ask an adult.  Jesus christ.  :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Orange said:

China is the world leader in spending on green energy.  We're still the #1 per capita polluter.  This is a boring, in accurate talking point.   We can cede the lead on future energy technology to China, or we can take the lead.  I suppose if you want us to take a backseat on the world stage let's just keep pretending we need more drilling.

But we aren’t #1 per capita.  That distinction belongs to the UAE and other gulf coast states.  

CBCCEE1C-400F-4244-86C9-E1B8E725427A.png

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

48 minutes ago, Orange said:

They've applied for licensing.  Are they supposed to come online instantly to pacify you?

No.  It will be interesting to see if the clowns on your team will let them go forward.  Like I said, planning them means nothing if they never actually get built because of endless protests, law suits, and environmental studies.

46 minutes ago, Orange said:

Oh DO tell us more about how the southern strategy is a myth, idiot.

Please tell us more about how hundreds of thousands of people have died because of nuclear power accidents. 

I can back up my opinion. You just make shit up or parrot the other idiots you read or listen to. 

It’s better to keep your mouth closed so people only think youre an idiot than to open it and prove them right. You’ve certainly proved us all right. 

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Do you not know what the +++++ "per capita" means?

Ask an adult.  Jesus christ.  :rolleyes:

Do you know what increasing pollution versus declining pollution means?

Not to Mention Canada, Australia and many other countries are higher per capita polluters than the United States.

33 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

No.  It will be interesting to see if the clowns on your team will let them go forward.  Like I said, planning them means nothing if they never actually get built because of endless protests, law suits, and environmental studies.

Stupid people, trying to protect the environment.  :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Please tell us more about how hundreds of thousands of people have died because of nuclear power accidents. 

I can back up my opinion. You just make shit up or parrot the other idiots you read or listen to. 

It’s better to keep your mouth closed so people only think youre an idiot than to open it and prove them right. You’ve certainly proved us all right. 

I gave you a link, dipshit.  The Soviet propaganda was widely known to be a lie, and more was likely hidden.  But I guess you support Comrade Trump so it stands to reason you're on the side of the hammer and sickle in this argument, too

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

But we aren’t #1 per capita.  That distinction belongs to the UAE and other gulf coast states.  

Well hopefully we bankrupt them when we go green.

My guess is they are including oil experts?  That's the only way that makes sense.  The standard of living in those countries for the entire population is not high.

Perhaps this graph only includes major countries.

co2-emissions-per-capita.png

20 minutes ago, Orange said:

Well hopefully we bankrupt them when we go green.

My guess is they are including oil experts?  That's the only way that makes sense.  The standard of living in those countries for the entire population is not high.

Perhaps this graph only includes major countries.

co2-emissions-per-capita.png

I certainly wouldn’t include them in a list of first world countries.  But they have a pretty high standard of living considering oil pays for everything.   I don’t know if those figures include exports but I doubt it.  They use oil for everything and because it’s so cheap for them, they don’t care.  I believe they even use oil for their power grids where we have a mixture of everything.  I think that’s the biggest difference.  But I’m not an expert and haven’t looked it up so I could be talking out my ass. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

20 hours ago, mugtang said:

Anybody can get a chart but it doesn't detail how per person, this is even possible. Link please, the devil is in the details.

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

Anybody can get a chart but it doesn't detail how per person, this is even possible. Link please, the devil is in the details.

Here’s the site that Orange found his graph from showing the US as #1 per capita but this site even mentions the gulf coast countries have small populations.  They pollute a lot because of their oil production. 

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/10296/economics/top-co2-polluters-highest-per-capita/

What explains variation in CO2 emissions per capita?

• Focus of the economy. Economies based on oil  (like Qatar, Bahrain and United Arab Emirates) have the highest levels of CO2 per capita. Qatar has a rate of 45.4 (off the chart) – small population but production based on oil exploration and oil refining.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Here’s the site that Orange found his graph from showing the US as #1 per capita but this site even mentions the gulf coast countries have small populations.  They pollute a lot because of their oil production. 

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/10296/economics/top-co2-polluters-highest-per-capita/

Thanks that's where I was headed. More reason we need to rid ourselves of fossil fuels.

25 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Thanks that's where I was headed. More reason we need to rid ourselves of fossil fuels.

With what? Do you know how many solar panels and wind spinners would be needed to replace fossil fuels? It would take hundreds of millions of them.