Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Trump Crowd Chanting “Send Her Back”

Are people really still debating whether joferey is a racist? lol

It's not a bug it's the feature. People voted for him because he's a racist, they identify and voted for his racist ideology because it's the same as theirs.

11 hours ago, sactowndog said:

No I said I wasn’t sure our country could stand 4 more years.  You flatly said it could.  

The landmass will still exist and I learned in another thread that that’s what’s really important. 

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

“I want to be here. I feel unity here. Everyone is like-minded here and celebrating the U.S. and our president,” Ritchie said. Trump “has done a good job so far. He’s been able to get more jobs back into the U.S. They’re building more cars here; the economy is growing.”

Could he imagine casting his first-ever vote for someone other than Trump? “If there were grounds for impeachment, I would look at those. But it would have to be very credible for me to change my mind.” As for Trump’s tweets about the congresswomen, “I don’t believe it was racist. He’s just making a point and speaking his mind. That’s important. There aren’t enough people who say that nowadays. Everyone is politically correct. You can’t get out what you want to say. I like that in a person. He speaks from the heart and speaks his mind.”

Ritchie is just 18 years old and although insofar as he doesn't think Trump is a racist I disagree, he makes the most sense of anyone quoted in that article. Some are simply the polar opposite of that syndrome that one of the posters here can't seem to refrain from citing in half his posts about those of us who hate Trump, which is to say incapable of full objectivity about Trump. Still, Ritchie would do well to attempt greater objectivity himself.

I've given this stuff a lot of thought now and come to the conclusion that on this particular issue, the opinion of BlueRules and I, who generally agree about very little, might be identical. That is, although we think Omar's "a few people did something" comment about 9/11 was an offensively absurd understatement, the words of Patrick Henry are appropriate: "I may not agree with what you have to say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

"Send her back?" Patrick Henry would opine that's as offensive as what Omar said.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 7/19/2019 at 10:23 AM, Bruin 70 said:

Oh yeah Ilhar how was the incest when you were married to your brother.?

How are you this +++++ing vile yet call yourself a "Christian"?

8 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Excellent article.  Also, i probably wouldn't fit in well in Greenville, North Carolina.  Just a hunch.

Greenville itself isn't that bad... it's a college town. But the crazies from the rural areas are another story.

On 7/19/2019 at 12:00 AM, Rebelbacker said:

What you really want to know is if I think Trump is racist. No, I don't think he is. There is too much evidence for policies he's enacted in office to say he is. 

Black unemployment lowest of all time

Hispanic unemployment lowest of all time

Crime is down significantly in major cities the last two years

Manufacturing jobs have skyrocketed

Trump worked to get prison reform passed and sentencing reform

Trump got an apprentice program with companies like Walmart, General Motors and IBM for 3.8 million people

Trumps approval among black Americans has gone from 8% to 21%. 

This doesn't make any sense, though.

For one, we have the library of Trump's actions. He clearly attempted to keep any people of color from renting his properties. He clearly believed the Central Park 5 were guilty, and when exonerated, he didn't care. He was the standardbearer for the objectively racist birther campaign. He's said objectively racist things over and over as a candidate and president, from questioning a judge's capability due to his race to send them home.

For two, the President isn't the god-wizard of the economy or crime. The President has far less power than we give him credit for even as a part of government, and the government has far less ability to affect the things you state above than we give it credit for. Saying "things happened while someone was President, so they aren't racist" is like saying that FDR wasn't racist because Jesse Owens won some models. It boggles the mind.

For three, only one of the things you mention are caused by policies specifically designed to combat racism or racial injustice. Yes, I agree, a rising tide lifts all boats, which is why I'm not as on board with so many of the economic policies of the democrats of today. That tide still lifts the biggest boats... highest..? the analogy breaks down. 

I mean, an extremely strong argument on your part would have been "despite the objective racism of Trump's character, his actual policies have been more beneficial to people of color than other candidates. Do nasty tweets and speeches matter more than equality and jobs?" That's a jagged pill for a lot of liberals who in my experience are not as economically literate and are less able to discuss things in that vein.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, alum93 said:

Excellent article.  Also, i probably wouldn't fit in well in Greenville, North Carolina.  Just a hunch.

Excellent accompanying photo, too. Ya just gotta love the racial diversity of the crowd.

Boom goes the dynamite.

9 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Excellent accompanying photo, too. Ya just gotta love the racial diversity of the crowd.

Has the same diversity as most of his rallies, especially in the south.  That's assuming the fake news isn't somehow changing the videos, because deep state and stuff.  

24 minutes ago, happycamper said:

This doesn't make any sense, though.

For one, we have the library of Trump's actions. He clearly attempted to keep any people of color from renting his properties. He clearly believed the Central Park 5 were guilty, and when exonerated, he didn't care. He was the standardbearer for the objectively racist birther campaign. He's said objectively racist things over and over as a candidate and president, from questioning a judge's capability due to his race to send them home.

For two, the President isn't the god-wizard of the economy or crime. The President has far less power than we give him credit for even as a part of government, and the government has far less ability to affect the things you state above than we give it credit for. Saying "things happened while someone was President, so they aren't racist" is like saying that FDR wasn't racist because Jesse Owens won some models. It boggles the mind.

For three, only one of the things you mention are caused by policies specifically designed to combat racism or racial injustice. Yes, I agree, a rising tide lifts all boats, which is why I'm not as on board with so many of the economic policies of the democrats of today. That tide still lifts the biggest boats... highest..? the analogy breaks down. 

I mean, an extremely strong argument on your part would have been "despite the objective racism of Trump's character, his actual policies have been more beneficial to people of color than other candidates. Do nasty tweets and speeches matter more than equality and jobs?" That's a jagged pill for a lot of liberals who in my experience are not as economically literate and are less able to discuss things in that vein.

I can’t help it that you don’t recognize that Trumps policies have had a positive effect on the economy. There are numerous data points that back that up. 

Trump has done more for prison reform and sentencing guidelines than any president in the last 30 years. He’s commuted many sentences of minorities that were wrongfully inprisoned. A truly racist man would not have done this. 

Trumps approval rating among black Americans is up 13%. How can you explain that if he’s a racist? 

The bottom line is, as you said, his policies have been more beneficial to all people than his predecessors and other candidates. 

2 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

I can’t help it that you don’t recognize that Trumps policies have had a positive effect on the economy. There are numerous data points that back that up. 

Trump has done more for prison reform and sentencing guidelines than any president in the last 30 years. He’s commuted many sentences of minorities that were wrongfully inprisoned. A truly racist man would not have done this. 

Trumps approval rating among black Americans is up 13%. How can you explain that if he’s a racist? 

The bottom line is, as you said, his policies have been more beneficial to all people than his predecessors and other candidates. 

Dude your first sentence means you didn't bother to read my response at all. You've been getting progressively crazier as the years have gone on to the point that it's more worth it to respond to frickin NC than you.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.