Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Trump Crowd Chanting “Send Her Back”

1 hour ago, Uncle Juan said:

Please explain to us what in that post was racist. I've been on record numerous times stating that Trump says racist shit. I said this incident was bullshit. You are the Commie version of Chicken Little, and the Boy who cried wolf. Why do you feel the need to project your "White Guilt" on to the rest of us? You are a sad little man...

You characterized her citizenship as a gift, something you'd NEVER say about a natural-born citizen, and something that's patently untrue. I'll say it again: Naturalized citizens did INFINITELY more work than you or I to become U.S. citizens, and to remind them of their "gift" whenever they criticize this country (something that is her JOB to do, by the way) presents this "gift" as conditional.  That, therefore, is heinous and racist, particularly in her case since you've had lots of shit to say about Somalia and Somalis.

I don't care what your ethnicity is.  A person of any color can carry water for WASP racists in this country.

4 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

i'm saying this with all the kindness i can.  i sincerely appreciate you, your service, your posts, and your viewpoints.  i especially like the takes you have on latino heritage and spanish heritage in new mexico, it's really cool stuff.

without trying to be incendiary, framing her complaints about the way things are in america as invalid because she's lucky to be here suggests she's a guest.  not really on equal footing with the rest of us.  isn't truly authentically american.  the implication is that she doesn't belong.  couple that with the fact that she's ethnically somali and that's why it sounds racist.  i don't think you are a racist person, given your history here (and NOT your heritage), and you clearly have a lot of investment and involvement in somalia that her attitude smacks of ingratitude.

anyway.  i like you, and i like your posts, but i can see why it came across as racist.

hey @Orange -- i think you're too quick to assume malevolent and evil motives.

I can accept that point of view. I have no issues with constructive criticism. You spelled out the why very well. 

8 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

i'm saying this with all the kindness i can.  i sincerely appreciate you, your service, your posts, and your viewpoints.  i especially like the takes you have on latino heritage and spanish heritage in new mexico, it's really cool stuff.

without trying to be incendiary, framing her complaints about the way things are in america as invalid because she's lucky to be here suggests she's a guest.  not really on equal footing with the rest of us.  isn't truly authentically american.  the implication is that she doesn't belong.  couple that with the fact that she's ethnically somali and that's why it sounds racist.  i don't think you are a racist person, given your history here (and NOT your heritage), and you clearly have a lot of investment and involvement in somalia that her attitude smacks of ingratitude.

anyway.  i like you, and i like your posts, but i can see why it came across as racist.

hey @Orange -- i think you're too quick to assume malevolent and evil motives.

I've read enough of his shit in other threads to be privy to his motives.  He's an asshole. 

And sorry, but I don't give a shit about someone's service in the military.  Frankly, I'm sick of being told we can't criticize someone just because they served. Service in the military does not necessarily give a person special political knowledge or expertise beyond what I have. I know public defenders who have sacrificed far more than someone posted in Nevada in the Air Force, yet we as a society have accepted a shitty attitude toward those people.  I'm against cheerleading military service for the sake of it, particularly in today's age where most aren't in danger, and almost none are personally protecting our shores.

6 minutes ago, Orange said:

I've read enough of his shit in other threads to be privy to his motives.  He's an asshole. 

And sorry, but I don't give a shit about someone's service in the military.  Frankly, I'm sick of being told we can't criticize someone just because they served. Service in the military does not necessarily give a person special political knowledge or expertise beyond what I have. I know public defenders who have sacrificed far more than someone posted in Nevada in the Air Force, yet we as a society have accepted a shitty attitude toward those people.  I'm against cheerleading military service for the sake of it, particularly in today's age where most aren't in danger, and almost none are personally protecting our shores.

dude all you want to do is fight.  i think you are finding what you are looking for

32 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

That's great logic since we know Trump did those things not for those of us who are white but solely for people of color.

You guys also knew that Trump conspired with Russians, and his family was going to go down for fraud. Not to mention you all also thought he’d never be elected in the first place. 

If I were you I’d start to revisit what you actually know to be fact and what you just hope and believe to be real. 

You can be snarky all you want but the evidence shows Trump has been good for black Americans. That’s why his approval rating among them is up 13% and rising. 

1 minute ago, Rebelbacker said:

You guys also knew that Trump conspired with Russians, and his family was going to go down for fraud. Not to mention you all also thought he’d never be elected in the first place. 

If I were you I’d start to revisit what you actually know to be fact and what you just hope and believe to be real. 

You can be snarky all you want but the evidence shows Trump has been good for black Americans. That’s why his approval rating among them is up 13% and rising. 

If I were YOU, I'd go back and prove that I asserted he conspired with the Russian government. Because I never said any such thing.

On your second point, I'm guilty as charged. Because although I knew that many steaming turds had held lesser offices over the years, I never thought Americans would actually elect such a person to the most important position in the world.

Your final point continues to fail to prove your assertion the man isn't a racist. To repeat, there isn't a scintilla of evidence that his economic policies were designed to help solely people of color. Accordingly, the improved financial situation of such people is merely among the consequences of his policies.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

How am I avoiding the question? I said I didn't agree with the "send them back" stuff and that a lot of the things he says are questionable and embarrassing. Do I think it was racist? No.

I think there is a lot of fake outrage. The left called for Melania to be deported. Nadler wanted to get Seb Gorka deported. Hell, I even remember people on this board saying crap like that.  

I already told you I don't think he is racist and his policies prove that.

Your first response was to literally ignore my question and to re-frame it as what I "really" was asking, and then answering your own question with some trend data on things that, first of all, do not indicate anything on their own about racist statements or policies, and second of all, were all trends that began before Trump, even the manufacturing jobs figures. But that's a whole 'nother discussion.

Now you're giving my some "both sides" jive.

I'll let you off the hook, though. Carry on.

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

If I were YOU, I'd go back and prove that I asserted he conspired with the Russian government. Because I never said any such thing.

On your second point, I'm guilty as charged. Because although I knew that many steaming turds had held lesser offices over the years, I never thought Americans would actually elect such a person to the most important position in the world.

Your final point continues to fail to prove your assertion the man isn't a racist. To repeat, there isn't a scintilla of evidence that his economic policies were designed to help solely people of color. Accordingly, the improved financial situation of such people is merely among the consequences of his policies.

Maybe because his goals are to help ALL Americans. His policies have done more to help minority communities economically than any other president in the last 20 years. His economic policies have worked and you still want to say he's racist. Ok. Is it that hard for you to say he's done a good job in this area?

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

Your first response was to literally ignore my question and to re-frame it as what I "really" was asking, and then answering your own question with some trend data on things that, first of all, do not indicate anything on their own about racist statements or policies, and second of all, were all trends that began before Trump, even the manufacturing jobs figures. But that's a whole 'nother discussion.

Now you're giving my some "both sides" jive.

I'll let you off the hook, though. Carry on.

Dude, I gave you a straight answer. I told you, no I don't think it was racist. It was a dumb statement but not racist. 

BTW, the Obama economy argument is hilarious. 

Speaking of Trump supporters:

Kathy Zhu, also a University of Michigan student, was dismissed as a Miss World America pageant participant when the organization claimed the content of her social media was "offensive, insensitive and inappropriate." 

Zhu is a well-known political commentator and online figure, amassing approximately 80,000 followers in her Instagram and Twitter accounts combined. 

"I have seen this happen before," Zhu said. "It is just not okay to be prejudiced against people who just have a different political view as you.”

Miss World America did not respond to comment after being repeatedly contacted by the Free Press.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u-m-student-kathy-zhu-stripped-of-miss-michigan-world-america-title/ar-AAEzLOO?ocid=spartanntp

And she's Asian. This was a weird story to read.

why is it a bad thing to have thought trump wouldn't get elected?

or that he and his family are guilty of conspiring with russia to get elected?

is it because "haha you're dumb and got something wrong!" or is it because you think we only have our opinions because we hate trump -- like no one who is being fair minded would think trump wouldn't get elected, or that collusion was a thing?

17 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Dude, I gave you a straight answer. I told you, no I don't think it was racist. It was a dumb statement but not racist. 

BTW, the Obama economy argument is hilarious. 

What is it?

1 hour ago, Orange said:

You characterized her citizenship as a gift, something you'd NEVER say about a natural-born citizen, and something that's patently untrue. I'll say it again: Naturalized citizens did INFINITELY more work than you or I to become U.S. citizens, and to remind them of their "gift" whenever they criticize this country (something that is her JOB to do, by the way) presents this "gift" as conditional.  That, therefore, is heinous and racist, particularly in her case since you've had lots of shit to say about Somalia and Somalis.

I don't care what your ethnicity is.  A person of any color can carry water for WASP racists in this country.

Actually, I consider me being an American a pretty awesome gift.  To think of all the other countries I could have been born in, having been born in Ameria is a gift.  So your wrong on that point.

Regarding her criticism, I don't have a problem with that.  She ran for office because she wants to do something about it.  Kudos to her for that.  I do, however, have a problem with anyone that only seems to bytch about something without trying themselves to make it better.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

That's great logic since we know Trump did those things not for those of us who are white but solely for people of color.

Not to mention unemployment is largely falling due to boomer retirement and participation rates are flat.   Reducing the Corporate rate was long overdue and they should have gone further instead of all the other needless giveaways they did.

15 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

why is it a bad thing to have thought trump wouldn't get elected?

or that he and his family are guilty of conspiring with russia to get elected?

is it because "haha you're dumb and got something wrong!" or is it because you think we only have our opinions because we hate trump -- like no one who is being fair minded would think trump wouldn't get elected, or that collusion was a thing?

Thinking Trump wouldn't get elected is totally fair. I didn't think he'd get elected.

Thinking he conspired with Russia and all the other nonsense the left, and many people here, believed just because they hate Trump is more of what I was referring to. Many of you refuse to admit he's done anything well. He's just the racist Orange Man Bad to lots of you guys. 

In the last 2 years rational thought has abandoned the left. Everything is based on emotion. The left can't handle you lost. And instead of wondering why, you've spent the last 2 years making fun of your fellow citizens and just made things worse. 

Just now, sactowndog said:

Not to mention unemployment is largely falling due to boomer retirement and participation rates are flat.   Reducing the Corporate rate was long overdue and they should have gone further instead of all the other needless giveaways they did.

Boomer retirement began a decade ago and our workforce has stayed rather flat for that past decade, based on everything I've seen anyways.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Boomer retirement began a decade ago and our workforce has stayed rather flat for that past decade, based on everything I've seen anyways.

Boomers aren't retiring the way other generations have.

A lot of them are sticking it out in the workforce until they die/can no longer work (I think like 20%), because they haven't saved enough.

Edit: Here's a link.

Of the 10,000 baby boomers turning 65 every day, 17% have less than $5,000 in retirement savings, and 20% have less than $5,000 in personal savings outside of a retirement account.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/07/19/retirement-social-security-baby-boomers-generation-x-to-go-broke/39689685/

8 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Thinking Trump wouldn't get elected is totally fair. I didn't think he'd get elected.

Thinking he conspired with Russia and all the other nonsense the left, and many people here, believed just because they hate Trump is more of what I was referring to. Many of you refuse to admit he's done anything well. He's just the racist Orange Man Bad to lots of you guys. 

In the last 2 years rational thought has abandoned the left. Everything is based on emotion. The left can't handle you lost. And instead of wondering why, you've spent the last 2 years making fun of your fellow citizens and just made things worse. 

Dude I despise Trump more than anyone on this board and if you look at posts before the election I was pro Trump because I agreed our Trade practices were naive.   But through the process of the primary it became obvious the man could never take the high road, felt laws and our constitution were things to be ignored, and framed things like Mexican’s being all rapists in polarizing and racist terms.   By the election I choose to vote Libertarian.

Nothing Trump has done since has changed my mind and lots as reinforced it.   To date our institutions have with stood the man but with 4 more years to nominate syncopate judges and a Senate unwilling to stand up to the man publicly, I’m not certain it can stand 4 more.   At this point the election will say far less about Trump who is a known entity, and far more about us as a people.   

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Dude I despise Trump more than anyone on this board and if you look at posts before the election I was pro Trump because I agreed our Trade practices were naive.   But through the process of the primary it became obvious the man could never take the high road, felt laws and our constitution were things to be ignored, and framed things like Mexican’s being all rapists in polarizing and racist terms.   By the election I choose to vote Libertarian.

Nothing Trump has done since has changed my mind and lots as reinforced it.   To date our institutions have with stood the man but with 4 more years to nominate syncopate judges and a Senate unwilling to stand up to the man publicly, I’m not certain it can stand 4 more.   At this point the election will say far less about Trump who is a known entity, and far more about us as a people.   

This is hyperbole at it's finest. We are in no way heading down that path. Our system is working exactly the way it should. The nation is bigger than one man. 

12 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

This is hyperbole at it's finest. We are in no way heading down that path. Our system is working exactly the way it should. The nation is bigger than one man. 

Perhaps right up to the point it isn’t.   Btw hyperbole is generally ascribed to those speaking in absolutes such as yourself.