Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluerules009

Most impressive athletic feat you have ever seen

The guy who ran a 2:02 and change marathon.  

That's running about a 4:42 per mile pace for 26.2 miles.

My screenname is because my marathon time were significantly slower.  Truth be told, I couldn't run a mile in 4:42 when I was in high school or college.  Right now, I'd have trouble going that fast on a bike. :D

The impossible barrier of a sub 2hour marathon isn't looking so impossible these days.  A sub 2 hour marathon will be as big, or bigger, than Roger Bannister breaking the 4 minute mile.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

My screenname is because my marathon time were significantly slower.  Truth be told, I couldn't run a mile in 4:42 when I was in high school or college.  Right now, I'd have trouble going that fast on a bike. :D

The impossible barrier of a sub 2hour marathon isn't looking so impossible these days.  A sub 2 hour marathon will be as big, or bigger, than Roger Bannister breaking the 4 minute mile.

I was just going to say that.  Eliud Kipchoge.

He ran a 2:00:25 in the Nike Project2 marathon

To break the two-hour barrier, a pace of 2:50 min/km (4:34.5 per mile) was required. In order to achieve this, the racers followed behind a team of six pacers in a triangle formation who were themselves following a pace vehicle displaying a large clock of the race time and projecting green lasers onto the ground to indicate where the lead pacer should be at all times. The pacers only ran two laps (4.8 km) at a time and had 30 minute breaks in between shifts. Groups of pacers would cycle on and off in threes

And the current WR at the 2018 Berlin Marathon in 2:01:39.  He may be getting too old to break 2 hours. 

33 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

26 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I was just going to say that.  Eliud Kipchoge.

He ran a 2:00:25 in the Nike Project2 marathon

And the current WR at the 2018 Berlin Marathon in 2:01:39.  He may be getting too old to break 2 hours. 

Larry Allen could chase them down and toss their little asses 26 miles.

“When a man can bench press 692 pounds, that man can launch you.  It’s like going against a bear; I mean, he’s just humongous.  He’ll grab you, pick you up, and start laughing. And there is nothing you can do. It’s like going against a car; you are trying to stop him and you are just sliding.

I’ve seen him take linebackers and just drive them 20 yards. Not 5, not 10. And you go back to the huddle and that linebackers is looking at you like, “What am I supposed to do?” Do the best you can. Do the best you can.

You didn’t taunt him. You were nice to him. Give him a hand up and smile at him. Sometime he’d smile back. But don’t get him mad. He is one of the most powerful men to ever play the game.” – John Randle, NFL Films

11 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

No way.  He ran a 4.8 forty, which is fast for a big guy, but no way he chases down a dude who can run a 3:50 mile.

I bet your dude can't run a 5.0 forty yard dash.

Without Larry Allen throwing him that far.

And couldn't bench press 200lbs on his best day.

Aleksandr Karelin lifting and tossing super heavyweight wrestlers. 887-2 record as a wrestler, and he started training as a 14 year-old (late for wrestlers) that couldn't do a single pull-up.

The most dominant combat athlete I believe to have ever existed. 

Al Bundy throwing 4 touchdowns in a single game for the Polk High Panthers in the City Championship against Andrew Jackson High, including the game-winner in the final minutes past his old nemesis "Spare Tire" Dixon. 

I remember one time Larry Allen took his family to Sea World. They were watching Shamu the whale when Allen got splashed. So Allen yells, ‘I’m Larry Allen and no one gets me wet!’ So he climbs into the tank, grabs Shamu, and throws the whale into the audience, splashes him and yells, ‘How do you like it?’ And then damn if Allen didn’t step in there and finish the show.”

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Missy Franklin beating our school record's 100 backstroke time, for guys, as a 13 year old (she didn't go to Poudre, I just knew the record). 

Other than that, the most impressive feat was probably about 4 iron workers dicking off after work, running races across steel framing ~50 feet in the air with ~50 lbs of gear on them (thank god OSHA wasn't around), on unbridged joists that will absolutely go into oscillating wobbles when you're more than 10 feet from the bearing point. Made the balance challenges of ANW stuff look like kid stuff. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

This is so easy and it’s not a contest...

1291cf12dcacf717366e6c36d3e607dc.jpg

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

3 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Larry Allen could chase them down and toss their little asses 26 miles.

“When a man can bench press 692 pounds, that man can launch you.  It’s like going against a bear; I mean, he’s just humongous.  He’ll grab you, pick you up, and start laughing. And there is nothing you can do. It’s like going against a car; you are trying to stop him and you are just sliding.

I’ve seen him take linebackers and just drive them 20 yards. Not 5, not 10. And you go back to the huddle and that linebackers is looking at you like, “What am I supposed to do?” Do the best you can. Do the best you can.

You didn’t taunt him. You were nice to him. Give him a hand up and smile at him. Sometime he’d smile back. But don’t get him mad. He is one of the most powerful men to ever play the game.” – John Randle, NFL Films

Honestly,  I am much more impressed by fast marathon times than I am over how much a guy can bench. Even if the runners look like stick men.

Barack Obama

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Al Bundy throwing 4 touchdowns in a single game for the Polk High Panthers in the City Championship against Andrew Jackson High, including the game-winner in the final minutes past his old nemesis "Spare Tire" Dixon. 

RoNqvEV.gif?noredirect&f=1

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Meh.  Rebel Robert put up 50 against Rancho. 50!!

Barack Obama