Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Staying

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

Does anyone even complain that it is still held there?  I think UNLV would have to be good again before anyone cares.  

With Alford back in the MWC, I'm sure he will voice his consternation over UNLV hosting the MWCT 

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

If nothing else, it just screams "half-azzed and second tier"...

if it were a little 6000 seat gym that would be true. but the T&M is the best college facility in the west, so there really is nothing second tier about having the tournament there.

But if you were talking about Alford, then yes, I agree. :D

11 hours ago, quickdraw said:

Yeah but that’s just the way Alford is, a whining little baby.

He’ll be just fine as long as they turn off the lights during team introductions and affix the spotlights on him.

I'd say the only ones in full-throated support of this appear to be UNLV fans. The rest are split between opposed to LV, opposed to the T&M (move it to another LV arena), and holding their noses and saying it's fine by them...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

35 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

I'd say the only ones in full-throated support of this appear to be UNLV fans. The rest are split between opposed to LV, opposed to the T&M (move it to another LV arena), and holding their noses and saying it's fine by them...

Curious if you have a suggestion? I know you know Vegas very well. I can't really think of another place to have it. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

14 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Curious if you have a suggestion? I know you know Vegas very well. I can't really think of another place to have it. 

I always advocated another arena in LV. MGM, Orleans, or Mandalay Bay would all be suitable. Guaranteed to sell out with hotel rooms attached.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

I don’t have a problem with it being in the Thomas and Mack, but I different arena like the grand garden would be nice so we don’t have to go through this shit every year like we have for 17 of the last 20 years. But definitely leave it in Vegas.