Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocket

Judge blocks citizen question on 2020 census permanently

"Disputes over the question aren’t over quite yet: The House is set to vote this week on a resolution to hold Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross in criminal contempt for failing to comply with congressional subpoenas relating to the citizenship question."

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/453362-judge-signs-order-permanently-blocking-citizenship-question-from

2 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

He can't block it permanently.

The article only states it won't be on 2020 census which was already the case.

I took that to mean permanently on the 2020 census.

More importantly, the fact that the fascists want it on the census means they don't actually know, which is good to know.

7 hours ago, Rocket said:

More importantly, the fact that the fascists want it on the census means they don't actually know, which is good to know.

So why does asking citizenship status on a census make you a "fascist"?  Wouldn't that be good information to have?

Isn't that what the census is for?   I would think you would be more upset with the questions asking whether your race or your sex those seem to be a much more invasive question asked of actual citizens not criminals.

40 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

So why does asking citizenship status on a census make you a "fascist"?  Wouldn't that be good information to have?

Isn't that what the census is for?   I would think you would be more upset with the questions asking whether your race or your sex those seem to be a much more invasive question asked of actual citizens not criminals.

Shut up.  The goal by Trump was to intimidate Hispanics, and to try and dilute the numbers of citizens in liberal districts by reducing apportionment.  If you don't know that,  you're +++++ing retarded.

8 hours ago, Rocket said:

Personally, I think the entire census is fascist.  The fact that you think that one question makes it so, or not so, is rather interesting.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Shut up.  The goal by Trump was to intimidate Hispanics, and to try and dilute the numbers of citizens in liberal districts by reducing apportionment.  If you don't know that,  you're +++++ing retarded.

That doesn't change the fact the question being asked is a legitimate census question that provides useful information to government.

You could say the race question is an attempt to intimidate Hispanics too, but you don't care about that.

Not to mention you did not reply to the question of how that makes you a fascist.    I doubt you know what the word means.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

I don't think you need to call anyone names.  He asked a pretty legit question did he not?

2 hours ago, Wyoguns said:

I don't think you need to call anyone names.  He asked a pretty legit question did he not?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. All conservatives do is call names because they can't debate the issue. He'll never ask a legit question, been here long?

3 hours ago, pokebball said:

Personally, I think the entire census is fascist.  The fact that you think that one question makes it so, or not so, is rather interesting.

Why do you think it’s fascist?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

10 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Why do you think it’s fascist?

Well, beyond me being slightly factious with my response, the census feeds the government information about us, to rule us, right?  I do support the census and think there is more good that comes out of it, take a read...https://mises.org/library/fascist-threat

The World Needs More Cowboys!

45 minutes ago, Rocket said:

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. All conservatives do is call names because they can't debate the issue. He'll never ask a legit question, been here long?

Come on dude...that's part of the problem is all the well conservatives did it or liberals did so I will too.  I mean I'm all for calling someone out but call someone a shithead or something...the word retarded doesn't need to be thrown around.

I’ll repeat, why even have a census if it doesn’t attempt to count everyone and thus will be very inaccurate? It’s a waste of money.  Personally I don’t like answering all the questions on the census. My personal info is none of the governments business. All they need to know is how many live at this address. If that was the case it wouldn’t infringe on illegal immigrants either, it would just tabulate how many people are in the country. 

24 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ll repeat, why even have a census if it doesn’t attempt to count everyone and thus will be very inaccurate? It’s a waste of money.  Personally I don’t like answering all the questions on the census. My personal info is none of the governments business. All they need to know is how many live at this address. If that was the case it wouldn’t infringe on illegal immigrants either, it would just tabulate how many people are in the country. 

It's pretty cool when you can look back 70 years ago and see who lived at your house, what their income was, etc.  And makes genealogy more interesting.  

But you have to wonder if all this information in a government database is really secure.  If someone hacked that data, or if the NSA/CIA/FBI or whomever could access and use to their investigative advantage, things could get pretty scary.

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

if the NSA/CIA/FBI or whomever could access and use to their investigative advantage, things could get pretty scary.

if? lol. 

8 hours ago, Orange said:

How does a statement of citizenship intimidate anyone? Are Hispanics the only illegals in the USA? And you’re correct about the liberal districts...which is ironic on more than one level.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

3 hours ago, Wyoguns said:

Come on dude...that's part of the problem is all the well conservatives did it or liberals did so I will too.  I mean I'm all for calling someone out but call someone a shithead or something...the word retarded doesn't need to be thrown around.

Hey I'm with you, but at the same time an eye for an eye if they don't stop.