Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Return to California

10 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I was just curious since there have been a lot of Hispanic immigrants into California since I left and it is noticeable. What is note worthy is most appear to be more or less servants for the middle and upper classes. Maybe that’s why Cali residents want to protect them and don’t want them deported. They like the cheap labor to clean their houses and mow their lawns. 

So all Hispanics are illegal immigrants and "Cali residents" are not Hispanic. 

Be better than this. Your attitudes are hurtful and unamerican.

1 minute ago, Dogs4Me said:

Your point is humorous...ever check the weather app while you’re outside?

I think it's humorous, and your honesty is appreciated, to argue Cali is being overrun by illegal immigrants based on what you see in your neighborhood and ignore data for the state.  But that's just me.

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

So all Hispanics are illegal immigrants and "Cali residents" are not Hispanic. 

Be better than this. Your attitudes are hurtful and unamerican.

Well yeah, if they're speaking Spanish, they're illegal...simple as that :oldman:

29 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Uh, okay. I live in CA, I see it daily. You can cite any stat you like, but how am I supposed to trust the data used to generate the stats when the question of legal versus illegal cannot be asked? Makes one wonder where the data came from and how it was compiled.

Keep swinging, cupcake.

You're right, the statistics couldn't be correct; only your personal observations should be trusted for statewide figures.  :rolleyes:

Just now, renoskier said:

Well yeah, if they're speaking Spanish, they're illegal...simple as that :foottap:

I see what you did there. :Clapping:

7 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Your point is humorous...ever check the weather app while you’re outside?

I don't assume the weather is the same everywhere in my state based off of my front porch, if that's what you're asking.

Christ, I didn't think this kind of thing needed to be explained to anyone over age 4.

51 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Your overly sensitive misinterpretation doesn’t change the general gist of his post. His observations are correct, CA is being overrun with illegal immigrants.

Says the Republican fearmongering demogogue profiting off of grazing on public lands and contaminating the water. Privatize the profits and socialize the cost.

10 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

As someone who is Hispanic and US born, doesn't work as a "servant" to the middle class and wealthy,  great way to generalize. 

What a prejudice filled comment .

While it's true that many,even most, landscapers are Hispanic, not all Hispanics are landscapers. Anyone who knows anything about our state knows that Hispanics (Mexicans) are at all societal strata.  It has been that way for a very long time.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, alum93 said:

I think it's humorous, and your honesty is appreciated, to argue Cali is being overrun by illegal immigrants based on what you see in your neighborhood and ignore data for the state.  But that's just me.

We have a butt load of illegals here. we've always had a butt load of illegals here.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

We have a butt load of illegals here. we've always had a butt load of illegals here.

I don't know what you mean by butt load, but if you read the thread, one person said Cali was being overrun and another replied with data to quantify.  The data was subsequently discounted, presumably because it did not match the eye test of his neighborhood.  If you've got studies that are contrary to what Doubles posted, please feel free to share.  Ideally, those studies would not be someone's rant from Fox.  I mean legit data.  Then we can continue to discuss.  Or you can just take Dogs word for it.  It's an open forum after all.

25 minutes ago, alum93 said:

I don't know what you mean by butt load, but if you read the thread, one person said Cali was being overrun and another replied with data to quantify.  The data was subsequently discounted, presumably because it did not match the eye test of his neighborhood.  If you've got studies that are contrary to what Doubles posted, please feel free to share.  Ideally, those studies would not be someone's rant from Fox.  I mean legit data.  Then we can continue to discuss.  Or you can just take Dogs word for it.  It's an open forum after all.

Buttload and over run are both inexact terms as would any stat the presumes to be able to quantify how many are here. 

I can only tell you what I know from living in Chula Vista and San Diego for the better part of sixty years. 

Every Mexican I know has at least one member of their extended family with questionable legal status. It's just a fact of life here along the frontera.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, SDSUfan said:

Buttload and over run are both inexact terms as would any stat the presumes to be able to quantify how many are here. 

I can only tell you what I know from living in Chula Vista and San Diego for the better part of sixty years. 

Every Mexican I know has at least one member of their extended family with questionable legal status. It's just a fact of life here along the frontera.

I live on the fronera as well.  Not going on sixty years though.  

34 minutes ago, alum93 said:

I live on the fronera as well.  Not going on sixty years though.  

Then you know what I say is true.

The funny thing is, while I'm goofing off on the MWC board, I'm carrying on a simultaneous IM conversation with a young man who works for me over in the UAE whose mother, each time she was ready to give birth, crossed the border illegally in order to have her children (she has four) born as American citizens. She subsequently took them all back to Guadalajara and raised them until they reached High School age whereupon she shipped them back to the US to live with their (illegal) uncle to attend HS and subsequently college in the US. This is a relatively wealthy Mexican family that owns farms and restaurants in Mexico.   Anyone that analyzes the border from a linear, statistics driven framework will almost always fail to understand the reality.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Then you know what I say is true.

The funny thing is, while I'm goofing off on the MWC board, I'm carrying on a simultaneous IM conversation with a young man who works for me over in the UAE whose mother, each time she was ready to give birth, crossed the border illegally in order to have her children (she has four) born as American citizens. She subsequently took them all back to Guadalajara and raised them until they reached High School age whereupon she shipped them back to the US to live with their (illegal) uncle to attend HS and subsequently college in the US. This is a relatively wealthy Mexican family that owns farms and restaurants in Mexico.   Anyone that analyzes of the border from a linear, statistics driven framework will almost always fail to understand the reality.

I love life on the border, always have.  Great culture, great weather year around, especially if you hate the cold, and consistent growth from trade.  I did a tour of duty in the midwest as a youngster and you couldn't drag me back.  

What I'm getting out of this thread is that DoubleBlueGold was quick to let everyone know that he was not pleased with the OP making generalizations about Latino people because that's just not okay.....and then doubled down by making generalizations about Trump supporters because that IS okay. :blink:

4 hours ago, Rocket said:

Says the Republican fearmongering demogogue profiting off of grazing on public lands and contaminating the water. Privatize the profits and socialize the cost.

You're poor imitation of a late night comic doesn't wear well in conversations that require substance, intellect and insight.  You should probably sit this one out along with your fellow Fifth Column clown.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

6 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

You're poor imitation of a late night comic doesn't wear well in conversations that require substance, intellect and insight.  You should probably sit this one out along with your fellow Fifth Column clown.

lol

4 hours ago, Orange said:

I don't assume the weather is the same everywhere in my state based off of my front porch, if that's what you're asking.

Christ, I didn't think this kind of thing needed to be explained to anyone over age 4.

If you can’t see the point being made, then I’m not gonna bother wasting my time explaining it to you. This ain’t one of your lib classrooms where I spoon-feed you the information.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg