Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Return to California

8 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I don't think bigotry is the right way to label his post. It's his observation. 

Now tell me if the following is bigoted.

The resort I work at has a predominately Jamaican laundry and housekeeping staff.

The server's in the restaurants and the pool areas are predominately ( J1 -or international students) from eastern Europe. 

Both of these groups as well as the Americans ( such as I) are really subservient to the owners of the resort as well as the guests. 

We all do a job for a paycheck.  If you work for someone else you're always a servant. Servant may have many different meanings but at the end of the day you're at someone else's bidding.

Dflp, I agree it is not bigotry. It's is prejudice (I made the original posting 1/2 asleep while scrolling thru the thread). The prejudice in his comment is to assume that all Hispanics in CA are immigrants, work low-level skill jobs and are servants to the middle-class and wealthy.

6 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

It is about a 98% accurate generalization.   A whole lot more accurate than anything you ever post.

So you know every Hispanic person in CA and the position they hold? You're opinions are always full of bxllshit. Didn't another poster already tell you to fcuk off???

9 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

White non-hispanic are a minority in California.

39% Hispanic

37% White (non-hispanic)

14% Asian

5% Black

5 hours ago, Rocket said:

Growing up in San Jose with the 500,000 or so expats from Vietnam, 14% Asian is kind of surprising. I'm used to there being Asians everywhere, stay away from Tully Rd exit amap.

• The majority of recent arrivals are from Asia.

The vast majority of California’s immigrants were born in Latin America (50%) or Asia (40%). California has sizable populations of immigrants from dozens of countries; the leading countries of origin are Mexico (4.1 million), China (969,000), the Philippines (857,000), Vietnam (524,000), and India (507,000). However, most (56%) of those arriving between 2010 and 2017 came from Asia; only 29% came from Latin America.

• Asia has surpassed Latin America as the leading source of recent immigrants to California

image.png.1b8bd188ade6a783da3c2284b1534d1d.png

https://www.ppic.org/publication/immigrants-in-california/

18 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

There are certain things I miss about living in the Bay Area but I would NEVER return. 

Love to visit the Bay Area once or twice a year. Love coming back to Boise. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

9 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

As someone who is Hispanic and US born, doesn't work as a "servant" to the middle class and wealthy,  great way to generalize. 

What a prejudice filled comment .

Just to clarify I meant to say illegal immigrants, the majority of whom are poor and don’t have marketable job skills. My liberal Cali in laws have had illegal immigrants cleaning their house and mowing their lawn for years. Like I said they like the cheap labor, just like a lot of businesses. And I agree that big fines and jail time for people and corps that employ them would stop illegal immigration faster than any walls.

Even better, provide more work visas and make sure employers pay a fair wage and employers and the immigrants on work visas pay their fair share of taxes. Again implement a stiff fine and jail time for those that employ those that don’t have a work visa. 

16 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

the tourist spots and scenic places  are  (usually) OK in the city of  San Fran. San Mateo and Marin county coasts still cool.

When I drive down there I am initially overwhelmed by the traffic, can see 8-10 freeway  lanes all going 60 mph.

....... then a few min later can take you 20 minutes to go 2 miles. (as you mentioned)

I used to live there also- (Peninsula side) and I was used to it then.

Of course Nor Nev. has nothing to compare to that.

Whenever I feel like the traffic is getting bad in Reno, I just have to take a road trip to the Bay area. That "cures" me for awhile. 

8 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Just to clarify I meant to say illegal immigrants, the majority of whom are poor and don’t have marketable job skills. My liberal Cali in laws have had illegal immigrants cleaning their house and mowing their lawn for years. Like I said they like the cheap labor, just like a lot of businesses. And I agree that big fines and jail time for people and corps that employ them would stop illegal immigration faster than any walls.

Even better, provide more work visas and make sure employers pay a fair wage and employers and the immigrants on work visas pay their fair share of taxes. Again implement a stiff fine and jail time for those that employ those that don’t have a work visa. 

Did you go around and check all their papers or something?

Maybe you should stop digging...

9 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Whenever I feel like the traffic is getting bad in Reno, I just have to take a road trip to the Bay area. That "cures" me for awhile. 

I thought Reno had traffic before I moved to Houston. When I'm back in Reno, I drive through the "spaghetti bowl" at rush hour just for sport and get a laugh out of the traffic there. 

1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Dflp, I agree it is not bigotry. It's is prejudice (I made the original posting 1/2 asleep while scrolling thru the thread). The prejudice in his comment is to assume that all Hispanics in CA are immigrants, work low-level skill jobs and are servants to the middle-class and wealthy.

Your overly sensitive misinterpretation doesn’t change the general gist of his post. His observations are correct, CA is being overrun with illegal immigrants.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

1 minute ago, Dogs4Me said:

Your overly sensitive misinterpretation doesn’t change the general gist of his post. His observations are correct, CA is being overrun with illegal immigrants.

False! The only thing overly here is your made up conclusion.

•  

• Most immigrants in California are documented residents.

More than half (52%) of California’s immigrants are naturalized US citizens, and another 34% have some other legal status (including green cards and visas). According to the Center for Migration Studies, only about 14% of immigrants in California are undocumented. From 2010 to 2017, the number of undocumented immigrants in the state declined from 2.0 million to 1.5 million.

https://www.ppic.org/publication/immigrants-in-california/

6 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

False! The only thing overly here is your made up conclusion.

•  

Uh, okay. I live in CA, I see it daily. You can cite any stat you like, but how am I supposed to trust the data used to generate the stats when the question of legal versus illegal cannot be asked? Makes one wonder where the data came from and how it was compiled.

Keep swinging, cupcake.

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

7 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Uh, okay. I live in CA, I see it daily. You can cite any stat you like, but how am I supposed to trust the data used to generate the stats when the question of legal versus illegal cannot be asked? Makes one wonder where the data came from and how it was compiled.

Keep swinging, cupcake.

LOL. "Fake news!" This is really your response? El oh el!! I live in CA too. I see it as well. It is not as as exaggerated as you are making out to be.

Public Policy Institute of California

Informing and improving public policy through independent, objective, nonpartisan research

Gotta love Trump policy supporters. Present the facts and they yell "fake news!".

4 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Keep swinging, cupcake.

So your comment on Cali being overrun is based on what you actually see in your particular area and not on any data for the state.  That's good to know in terms of having discussions.

45 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Thanks, for clarifying, Ss1. It still holds that you're making a prejudiced comment. One based on the skin color, or other physical features, and not actually knowing if the persons are what you claim them to be.

I agree with your second statement.

14 minutes ago, alum93 said:

So your comment on Cali being overrun is based on what you actually see in your particular area and not on any data for the state.  That's good to know in terms of having discussions.

Your point is humorous...ever check the weather app while you’re outside?

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg