Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Next James Bond will be: Lashana Lynch

51 minutes ago, azgreg said:

From what I'm reading Craig will be in the movie as retired Bond and Lynch will be 007.

My concern isn’t the number, although this seems like as good an attempt as they can make. It’s that James Bond is a celebration of masculinity and yes misogyny. You’re not gonna woke this character and franchise because the things that make it appealing are at their core are not very woke. And it’s cool to gloriously portray that in moderation, that’s why the series worked. That’s what we all want when we go see a James Bond flick.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Guest #1Stunner

I'll be surprised if this isn't anything but a complete flop.

Hollywood will probably have a shocked reaction.   

"Why didn't people get excited about this????...the public must just be racist and/or misogynistic."

At first I just thought "watever", that it was just another story in the bond universe with a different agent. But then I decided I agree with ppl that it should be a new moniker like 008 or 009 (006 will always be cemented as Sean Bean, RIP Alec...)

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

At first I just thought "watever", that it was just another story in the bond universe with a different agent. But then I decided I agree with ppl that it should be a new moniker like 008 or 009 (006 will always be cemented as Sean Bean, RIP Alec...)

She's looks like a generous 5/10 so I'd say Agent 005.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

I can't believe I'm defending Convert too but I agree with what others have said, you can be against this without being sexist.  @BSUTOP25 is right they could've made her the lead but given her a codename of 008 or 006 or something else.  

It's only sexist if you request she be called agent 80085

14 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Lol or 35007

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

47 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

#CalculatorJokes

I might be an accountant. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

“There are spectacular chase sequences and fights, and Bond is still Bond but he’s having to learn to deal with the world of #MeToo.” - New York Post

This is just lazy agenda pushing garbage, I hope it bombs. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

7 hours ago, retrofade said:

I found the misogynist! 

I can’t decide whcih is dumber....switching 007 or the fact that the misogynist card was laid down.  

7 hours ago, retrofade said:

I found the misogynist! 

There are some trigger happy ultra PC’ers on this board that are ridiculously extreme with the ridiculous bogus labels....my God, to even think about questioning someone as hating women just because you object to a long standing icon being thrown out. People are so paranoid about being called a bad name here. There’s a lot on the socially left here that reminds me of being in high school where the most important thing in life is to be popular with whatever your peers are pimping. Pretty sad. 

What if they announced Nevada was changing from blue to red. There’s nothing wrong with red on the uni’s other other teams, but blue is a deeply held tradition. It doesn’t make you a red misogynist to not want the red. 

Ian Fleming is going to be pissed off and probably come back to life. Bond is British intelligence, so it should be a male with a British accent. I don’t think a couple of the Bond’s had much of an accent which was also disappointing. 

The studio is probably counting on the traditional white male to come see Bond movies out of habit, and by making it a black person, it would draw a new kind of demographic. And then making it a black woman would draw in female viewers. There’s no integrity, it’s all about selling out to make a few more bucks. This will bomb badly.

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

It’s definitely sexist if she doesn’t get paid the same as James. But wait, she probably doesn’t have the amount of experience that James has had. 

Or maybe James had sex change surgery and it is James Bond as a woman. That would make the social liberals so happy they couldn’t see straight.

kat.jpg