Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Next James Bond will be: Lashana Lynch

Racist, misogynist POS....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

Here’s hoping the Bond character isn’t phased out moving forward..

Goldeneye is still the best!

Goldeneye was my first introduction to the Bond series.  Good choice.

Youhanna Ghaifan tried the Goldfinger move and is now looking at 3 misdemeanor charges. It’s fine if Bond is a womanizer, but glorifying the unwanted physical contact is not the best move going forward. This is great move for publicity, look at everybody talking about it.

I’ve personally never been a huge fan of the Bond franchise besides the Nintendo 64 video game. 

8 hours ago, happycamper said:

Wait a goddamn minute. Fridge logic time. You guys are all bitching about a hot, charismatic, lush, woman slaying spy lesbian movie. 

Who cut off your penises?

I have zero problem with a hot lesbian thriller, I’d pay good money to watch that. My only issue was “replacing” the traditional 007 character with one who is a complete departure and taking on a totally different persona. As I mentioned earlier, why not make a 006 or 008 franchise and roll with that? As @thelawlorfaithful was getting at, the 007 character has deep rooted tradition that appeals to a lot of people, both men and women. But if this whole hubbub is as @tspoke mentioned, then this is all much ado about nothing anyway. 

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hot?

No.

Yes, she’s hot. 

captain-marvel-lashana-lynch.jpg

lashana-lynch-abc

EF584832-D5CC-408A-8B59-86AB3E768C48.thumb.jpeg.25f4141f3dab17c6c19d4809eb8fe913.jpeg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

17 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Oh no a fictional character is going to look different the sky is falling the sky is falling.

Something tells me y’all are not the target audience for this.

Someone who objects to this answer me honestly. When was the last time you saw a bond film in the theatre? I think pierce brosnan was bond the last time I did. 

Such a stupid thing to get riled up about. If a movie doesn’t interest you, you are in no way required to see it. 

I suppose it's not really much different than the commotion created when Disney announced that a young black actor would be playing the lead in the new live-action remake of "The Little Mermaid"

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/09/739950750/disney-cable-channel-defends-casting-black-actress-as-new-little-mermaid

My guess is that the "Mermaid" will still be a blockbuster hit; the new "Bond" movie...not so much.

16 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

That’s an interesting premise for a movie really.

Yea I’m interested enough to see it in theaters, and i typically watch Bond movies after they come out on DVD/streaming. I just would have preferred them introduce a new female character rather then “007, but with boobs!” They could have introduced a new 007 at the end of this movie and in the next movie they could have new 007 and 00X female character work together, which would be a change of pace from the solo nature of Bond. If they were dead set on making him non-white they could have cast Riz Ahmed or something. 

Although I suppose they could still go this route but have the male character have a different 00 number. 

17 hours ago, happycamper said:

Wait a goddamn minute. Fridge logic time. You guys are all bitching about a hot, charismatic, lush, woman slaying spy lesbian movie. 

Who cut off your penises?

Oh yeah, she's super hot. :huh:

220px-Lashana_Lynch_interview_2019.jpg

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

I suppose it's not really much different than the commotion created when Disney announced that a young black actor would be playing the lead in the new live-action remake of "The Little Mermaid"

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/09/739950750/disney-cable-channel-defends-casting-black-actress-as-new-little-mermaid

My guess is that the "Mermaid" will still be a blockbuster hit; the new "Bond" movie...not so much.

I don't care that the little mermaid will be a black actress....that's Disney's choice and they made it. What I find annoying is all the outside pressure to use a woman, a black actor, or even a black actress as Bond.....and the powers that be caved. Why not just create new characters and story line that's separate? If the roles (no pun intended) were reversed and a white male was being inserted into a historically female/minority slot, all hell would break loose. 

14 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I don't care that the little mermaid will be a black actress....that's Disney's choice and they made it. What I find annoying is all the outside pressure to use a woman, a black actor, or even a black actress as Bond.....and the powers that be caved. Why not just create new characters and story line that's separate? If the roles (no pun intended) were reversed and a white male was being inserted into a historically female/minority slot, all hell would break loose. 

She isn't Bond

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Yea I’m interested enough to see it in theaters, and i typically watch Bond movies after they come out on DVD/streaming. I just would have preferred them introduce a new female character rather then “007, but with boobs!” They could have introduced a new 007 at the end of this movie and in the next movie they could have new 007 and 00X female character work together, which would be a change of pace from the solo nature of Bond. If they were dead set on making him non-white they could have cast Riz Ahmed or something. 

Although I suppose they could still go this route but have the male character have a different 00 number. 

As long as Bond isn’t a side character I think it’ll be alright. Who doesn’t love the old guy has to come out of retirement for one last job trope? I just pray that when they come to ask for his help one last time he’s out chopping wood with a beard. Gotta do this right.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

28 minutes ago, tspoke said:

She isn't Bond

Obviously a woman won't be James Bond.....a man. But even having a woman play the next 007 amounts to caving to pressures from the far left Hollywood types. Make a parallel franchise of 008 or whatever, but doing away with James Bond and replacing him with her is silly. 

14 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Obviously a woman won't be James Bond.....a man. But even having a woman play the next 007 amounts to caving to pressures from the far left Hollywood types. Make a parallel franchise of 008 or whatever, but doing away with James Bond and replacing him with her is silly. 

As I have mentioned several times. In this movie, it looks like James Bond retires. The spy agency re-uses the numbers after a spy dies/retires so another character gets the number 007. That character happens to be a woman played by Lashana Lynch. Something happens I'm sure and JAmes Bond comes out of retirement to save the day. It is a James Bond movie its just that he gives up his job/number. Its not a big deal at least at this point. There has been no announcement that she will carry on the series.

People love to be outraged by these type of things and it cause us to over react.

If I had to guess from my watching of Bond movies, JB probably bangs her then she will be killed.

Idris would be a great pick for the next Bond. My sleeper pick for the next Bond is Richard Madden, thought he was great in Netflix's Bodyguard.

3 minutes ago, tspoke said:

As I have mentioned several times. In this movie, it looks like James Bond retires. The spy agency re-uses the numbers after a spy dies/retires so another character gets the number 007. That character happens to be a woman played by Lashana Lynch. Something happens I'm sure and JAmes Bond comes out of retirement to save the day. It is a James Bond movie its just that he gives up his job/number. Its not a big deal at least at this point. There has been no announcement that she will carry on the series.

If I had to guess from my watching of Bond movies, JB probably bangs her then she will be killed.

Idris would be a great pick for the next Bond. My sleeper pick for the next Bond is Richard Madden, thought he was great in Netflix's Bodyguard.

I loved that series but would have a hard time seeing him as Bond.  Can he play arrogant and witty?  

Just now, Orange said:

I loved that series but would have a hard time seeing him as Bond.  Can he play arrogant and witty?  

I think he could but I don't know much of anything. LIke I said a dark horse long shot. There are more obvious candidates.

57 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

As long as Bond isn’t a side character I think it’ll be alright. Who doesn’t love the old guy has to come out of retirement for one last job trope? I just pray that when they come to ask for his help one last time he’s out chopping wood with a beard. Gotta do this right.

It's my guess that Bond is still the main character in this movie and I wouldn't be surprised if in the end he's back as 007.

People, not a fan.