Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youngredbullfan

Trump: Democratic Congresswomen should go back where they came from

Not defending trump....but....

Why does no one ever find it offensive that these progressive congressional upstarts constantly run down this country? More Americans find this offensive.  

These folks , who found great life changing success here, call us racist , xenophobic rigged, etc etc.   Something they would have never found in the shit hole countries they came from.

While trumps stupid comment is divisive...its not racist to point out hypocrisies. 

Disagreeing with progressives is now racist and you guys buy in on it.

15 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

What’s the alternative? How would you disable these type of thoughts? They’re clearly stupid, we’re in agreement on that. What is the threshold you would make though? Is saying that’s terrible insufficient?

Refuse to vote for him and actively encourage others to do the same.

Tacit support is still support. Fact is, it seems the right has a choice to make - support a stone-cold racist for judges and teams and shit, or face whatever nightmare they believe will come to pass if the Democrats are elected. 

One of the most endearing things about the last wave of conservatism in the GOP was its embrace of Goldwater's loss as a significant moment for the movement. Whether it was actually the case, or if it is some retroactive identity construction, that story was meant to say something about conservatives - that principles mattered most, and even a political loss at one point or another could turn into long-term success if that loss helped a group identify and organize around what really matters. The GOP seems to be in the absolute opposite place now. Winning in lieu of principles, instead of principles in lieu of winning. 

I mean, unless those principles actually are...

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Why does no one ever find it offensive that these progressive congressional upstarts constantly run down this country? More Americans find this offensive.  

These folks , who found great life changing success here, call us racist , xenophobic rigged, etc etc.   Something they would have never found in the shit hole countries they came from.

While trumps stupid comment is divisive...its not racist to point out hypocrisies. 

I saw a poll result about a week ago and the Democrats opinion on the greatness of America reached historical lows - the lowest ever since polling began.

A freshman congresswoman infers her speaker of the house is racist and the dems defend it.  Our Potus infers a freshman congresswoman is racist and the Dems call him a klansman.

Dems on the board are correctly pointing out issues in the GOP but perhaps they should be concerned with their own party.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Refuse to vote for him and actively encourage others to do the same.

Tacit support is still support. Fact is, it seems the right has a choice to make - support a stone-cold racist for judges and teams and shit, or face whatever nightmare they believe will come to pass if the Democrats are elected. 

One of the most endearing things about the last wave of conservatism in the GOP was its embrace of Goldwater's loss as a significant moment for the movement. Whether it was actually the case, or if it is some retroactive identity construction, that story was meant to say something about conservatives - that principles mattered most, and even a political loss at one point or another could turn into long-term success if that loss helped a group identify and organize around what really matters. The GOP seems to be in the absolute opposite place now. Winning in lieu of principles, instead of principles in lieu of winning. 

I mean, unless those principles actually are...

The Dems depending on Repubs to win the 2020 election for the Dems, didn't work well for them the last time.

Rather than the Dems saying vote for us because of Trump, I'd suggest the Dems say vote for us because of our candidate and his/her character, policy positions, leadership skills, etc.

16 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Yes, most people with common sense see the racism - even on this forum.

Not going to defend Trump, but.......  you can't help it.  Cheers.  There are millions and millions that love him, no doubt.  Fortunately, the country is split 50/50 and it will be another close election decided by a few thousand in 2 or 3 critical states, economy and all.

5 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Not going to defend Trump, but.......  you can't help it.  Cheers.  There are millions and millions that love him, no doubt.  Fortunately, the country is split 50/50 and it will be another close election decided by a few thousand in 2 or 3 critical states, economy and all.

You guys have used the word racist so much this past decade it has lost much of its' meaning.  No one can disagree with a minority anymore without being racist.  And yes, it's gotten that bad.

6 minutes ago, pokebball said:

You guys have used the word racist so much this past decade it has lost much of its' meaning.  No one can disagree with a minority anymore without being racist.  And yes, it's gotten that bad.

Sure people can disagree with both minorities and whites.  And no that doesn't give an excuse for Trump's racist rants, of which this is just the latest in a long line.  Reasonable people on this site tend to agree at least with the latest tweets the message he was sending.

1 minute ago, alum93 said:

Not going to defend Trump, but.......  you can't help it.  Cheers.  There are millions and millions that love him, no doubt.  

I didn't vote for Trump or Clinton in the last election,I will probably vote for him this time. My 401 K likes him plus I can't find even one Democratic candidate I would vote for.I just wish Trump would stop some of  tweets that are very hard for me to defend that can potentially back fire with some voters that are fence sitting. I don't like anything  those 4 nick named the squad say, but like them or not they are still U.S Citizens.

Just now, westfan said:

I didn't vote for Trump or Clinton in the last election,I will probably vote for him this time. My 401 K likes him plus I can't find even one Democratic candidate I would vote for.I just wish Trump would stop some of  tweets that are very hard for me to defend that can potentially back fire with some voters that are fence sitting. I don't like anything  those 4 nick named the squad say, but like them or not they are still U.S Citizens.

Easy solution.  Don't try and defend the tweets.  Call them out for what they are.

4 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Sure people can disagree with both minorities and whites.  And no that doesn't give an excuse for Trump's racist rants, of which this is just the latest in a long line.  Reasonable people on this site tend to agree at least with the latest tweets the message he was sending.

My point being how most across America are responding to claims anymore.  Most aren't reasonable.

2 minutes ago, westfan said:

I seem to find more repubs that didn't vote for Trump last time that will be in 2020 because of the economy, policy and SCOTUS.

Personally, I can't get passed his character enough to, but it appears his results are pulling more repubs into a positive vote for him.

24 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The Dems depending on Repubs to win the 2020 election for the Dems, didn't work well for them the last time.

Rather than the Dems saying vote for us because of Trump, I'd suggest the Dems say vote for us because of our candidate and his/her character, policy positions, leadership skills, etc.

One of the big reasons Trump won is exactly this. Ask someone what Clinton's central message was and they come up with a variety of things i.e. she didn't have one and most of hers were very self centered: "I'm with her" "It's my turn" "are you ready for HIlary?" Trump's central message? MAGA. Focused on Americans and surprisingly not narcissistic coming from the most narcissistic person in the world. Everyone knew Trump's message and he stayed on script with it. He focused his message on something that he claimed would benefit greater America. 

The Dems need a strong message that isn't "Vote for us because we're not Trump." Obama could come in and do some counseling on messaging that wins Presidential elections. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

38 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

While trumps stupid comment is divisive...its not racist to point out hypocrisies

Of course you are.  And yes, it is racist in this case.

3 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Easy solution.  Don't try and defend the tweets.  Call them out for what they are.

It appears to me, anyways, that you and others aren't happy with simply calling out his stupid tweets.  I don't see anyone defending them.

You want repubs actively campaigning against him (somebody said that above).  I don't see that happening.

Just now, pokebball said:

The Dems depending on Repubs to win the 2020 election for the Dems didn't work well for them the last time.

I was responding to the inquiry about how we, as a voting populace, and more importantly as conservatives (assumed, as lawlor posted it), put a stop to the speech acts of a racist president. The answer to that question is to not vote for him. That is the place that conservatives are in, right now. And it's a place they put themselves in by voting for the dude, who everyone has known is a racist scumbag for years and years, because it's fun to own the libs. The more they continue to put the responsibility on the Democrats to make them vote for someone who is not a racist, the more they delay an ideological and political reckoning. 

It's interesting how much Trump supporters and Trump apologists like to talk about how elections have consequences. You know, because Obama said it and they got all mad about it when he said it. So now that the libs are mad, the right gets to say it. In your face!! Problem is, elections do have consequences and conservatives are seeing them now as well. The GOP through the primary process knowingly chose a petulant, sexist, racist man child to lead their party in the general election. In order to do so, they had to betray the ideological principles on which they claimed their party was build, as well as occasionally betray general principles of public decency and morality. Whether they did that to win, or they won in spite of that, is an unanswerable question. But they are now facing the consequences of that election - either continue supporting this guy or or allow your longstanding political and ideological enemies to take the reins of power and pick the scraps off of your faction's political corpse. Elections do have consequences, and that is a consequence that some of us (who would have supported a GOP candidate who actually cared about liberty and the constitution against Hilary) predicted.

Imagine where we would be right now if the GOP would have run a reasonable, principled candidate against Hilary - someone who actually cared about the principles that the GOP claimed were most important. Let's say they had lost that election despite having rallied around those principles. The GOP would almost certainly still have the house, would have made gains in 2018. They'd still have the Senate. And right now, they would be able to run someone who represents those supposed principles against a universally unlikable woman who had won despite being the least-liked presidential candidate in history. They'd have a shot to usher in 8 years of a GOP president (new blood) buttressed by a clear set of principles and strategies and by the predictable fatigue over 12 years of a Democrat presidency. And that's not even looking at where they would be had they won the election with said reasonable person.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

28 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I saw a poll result about a week ago and the Democrats opinion on the greatness of America reached historical lows - the lowest ever since polling began.

A freshman congresswoman infers her speaker of the house is racist and the dems defend it.  Our Potus infers a freshman congresswoman is racist and the Dems call him a klansman.

Dems on the board are correctly pointing out issues in the GOP but perhaps they should be concerned with their own party.

In addition to you not having any idea what the word "infers" means, at what point did Trump accuse AOC of being racist?  Or how are you assuming she was racist?  Can any of you old, white men respond to racism accusations without being irrational?

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

It appears to me, anyways, that you and others aren't happy with simply calling out his stupid tweets.  I don't see anyone defending them.

You want repubs actively campaigning against him (somebody said that above).  I don't see that happening.

Lol @Jackrabbit just did.

2 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I was responding to the inquiry about how we, as a voting populace, and more importantly as conservatives (assumed, as lawlor posted it), put a stop to the speech acts of a racist president. The answer to that question is to not vote for him. That is the place that conservatives are in, right now. And it's a place they put themselves in by voting for the dude, who everyone has known is a racist scumbag for years and years, because it's fun to own the libs. The more they continue to put the responsibility on the Democrats to make them vote for someone who is not a racist, the more they delay an ideological and political reckoning. 

It's interesting how much Trump supporters and Trump apologists like to talk about how elections have consequences. You know, because Obama said it and they got all mad about it when he said it. So now that the libs are mad, the right gets to say it. In your face!! Problem is, elections do have consequences and conservatives are seeing them now as well. The GOP through the primary process knowingly chose a petulant, sexist, racist man child to lead their party in the general election. In order to do so, they had to betray the ideological principles on which they claimed their party was build, as well as occasionally betray general principles of public decency and morality. Whether they did that to win, or they won in spite of that, is an unanswerable question. But they are now facing the consequences of that election - either continue supporting this guy or or allow your longstanding political and ideological enemies to take the reins of power and pick the scraps off of your faction's political corpse. Elections do have consequences, and that is a consequence that some of us (who would have supported a GOP candidate who actually cared about liberty and the constitution against Hilary) predicted.

Imagine where we would be right now if the GOP would have run a reasonable, principled candidate against Hilary - someone who actually cared about the principles that the GOP claimed were most important. Let's say they had lost that election despite having rallied around those principles. The GOP would almost certainly still have the house, would have made gains in 2018. They'd still have the Senate. And right now, they would be able to run someone who represents those supposed principles against a universally unlikable woman who had won despite being the least-liked presidential candidate in history. They'd have a shot to usher in 8 years of a GOP president (new blood) buttressed by a clear set of principles and strategies and by the predictable fatigue over 12 years of a Democrat presidency. And that's not even looking at where they would be had they won the election with said reasonable person.

None of the GOP's policies for our nation strike me as forward-thinking (who cares about the debt?  Spend more!  Who cares about the climate?  Next quarter's gas prices matter more!  Drill baby drill!)  So I don't know why their campaign strategies would be any different.

Guest #1Stunner

The problem is that the Democrats have called everyone and anyone racist so much lately, that it is sort of getting a Boy Who Cried Wolf effect.

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

and you know one's beliefs better than anyone I've ever, ever crossed paths with.  You're omnipresent! 

I'm just assuming people's beliefs based on what they say.

Over and over.

For decades.

Is that wrong?