Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SangerBulldog

worst stadium

I can’t wait for our new stadium so I can stop clicking these links and hoping not to see our stadium at the top of the list.

5 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

That place is a dump. One of the worst I’ve had the misfortune of visiting 

Liberty Bowl isnt much better now.  I compare it to the Cotton Bowl - money spent on it at this point is the proverbial lipstick on a pig.  

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

the Liberty Bowl was built in 1965 but it got a major renovation in 1988 for 19.5 million (like 30+ million in today dollars) and then renovated again these past 6 years for 37 million...It has great sight lines, lots of parking, sits next to CBU/Cooper-Young, offers nice tailgating, is 5 mins from campus, solid concessions like Coletta's Pizza, Uncle Lou's Chicken, Hog Wild BBQ, and Ghost River beer. I like it...

rumor is one of the Liberty Bowl's biggest issues is about to solved...a 80 room hotel may open right between the Kroc Center and Tiger Lane.

https://wreg.com/2019/06/25/retail-hotel-space-coming-to-memphis-fairground/

redev.jpg

^ area being redeveloped in red...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 7/14/2019 at 5:54 AM, MWC Tex said:

Can’t believe they left off Boise St field. 

Officially it's only a "field" if it's green.

7 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Bulldog stadium one of the biggest dumps out there. Not able to raise money to fix real problems. Soon to be at the bottom of the stadium list.

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/stadium-arena/fresno-state-postpones-60m-stadium-renovation.html

Old news already.

Bulldog Stadium is seeing $6 million in projects this summer: new AstroTurf, new LED field lighting, electrical infrastructure upgrades for future stadium projects, and elevator replacement.

It is part of this summer's $18 million in athletic facility construction including new locker rooms for wrestling, swim and dive, basketball and equestrian teams.

Pictures at these links.

35 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Link me when you raise $40 mil for football...although I’m sure Cincy and lil train are beyond excited to see the wrestlers in their new wrestling locker rooms.

My understanding is SJSU is still short the money they need for the Spartan Stadium project.

Last I heard there is $25 million raised but another $15 million still needed. Is that right?

10 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Old news already.

Bulldog Stadium is seeing $6 million in projects this summer: new AstroTurf, new LED field lighting, electrical infrastructure upgrades for future stadium projects, and elevator replacement.

It is part of this summer's $18 million in athletic facility construction including new locker rooms for wrestling, swim and dive, basketball and equestrian teams.

Pictures at these links.

$6mm w/NEW lights.  The excitement in Fres-berg must be palpable.

Good to see Fresno fixing up their stadium, it was looking a little ragged last time I was there.  Hey, at USU, we actually celebrate the Sage brush that we have growing in our LS'd areas within the stadium, we uh did that on purpose because of the lyrics to the "Scotsman" ;-) 

8 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

SDSU could get some tips for SDCCUVWXYZ Stadium. Rat heaven.

I've attended at least 50 games there over the years and the number of rats I've seen is absolute zero.

Then again, I don't smell like I came from Fresno.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I've attended at least 50 games there over the years and the number of rats I've seen is absolute zero.

Is the city still allowing the homeless to camp out in the parking lot?

On 7/15/2019 at 6:09 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Last time I was there in 2013 I saw two of them walking across a beam just after I went through the ticket gate. I also saw an SDSU student zombie nearly vomit on our new president as he was stumbling up the stairs. Dude was so gonzo he didn't even know he was vomiting.