Mike Morgan

Update On Spartan Stadium Project

All of the seating on the east side of the stadium has now been removed (about 9500 seats). For the 2019 (and probably 2020) season(s), grass will be temporarily planted on this dirt berm to eliminate dust, and to make it a bit more attractive than a weed infested hillside. Yes, I can already hear the Fresno State fans claiming that the grass hillside will become a permanent feature, but that would simply be more trolling lies with regards to this project. The plan is to have the grass in place for the 2019 season. After the completion of the 2019 season, and prior to the 2020 season, the stadium's power and sound systems will be re-located from the east to the west side of the stadium. After the 2020 season the east berm will be removed and the re-building of the east stands and Football Operations Building will commence. The entire project will most likely not be completed until the prior to the 2023 season.

No-Seats-2019.jpg

• Cheers 2

So the camera will  see no fans on the east side? 

2 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

All of the seating on the east side of the stadium has now been removed (about 9500 seats). For the 2019 (and probably 2020) season(s), grass will be temporarily planted on this dirt berm to eliminate dust, and to make it a bit more attractive than a weed infested hillside. Yes, I can already hear the Fresno State fans claiming that the grass hillside will become a permanent feature, but that would simply be more trolling lies with regards to this project. The plan is to have the grass in place for the 2019 season. After the completion of the 2019 season, and prior to the 2020 season, the stadium's power and sound systems will be re-located from the east to the west side of the stadium. After the 2020 season the east berm will be removed and the re-building of the east stands and Football Operations Building will commence. The entire project will most likely not be completed until the prior to the 2023 season.

No-Seats-2019.jpg

The grass will be a bitch to water and mow.Good luck Buildings and Grounds crew.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, westfan said:

The grass will be a bitch to water and mow.Good luck Buildings and Grounds crew.

It'll be a different species of grass. One that you can smoke. Easy to maintain and very fan friendly. 

• Haha 4

Are they gonna let fans sit on the grass like Virginia and Missouri does? 

That's a cool idea, but it's too steep of an incline for that.

Weird seeing it gone, that’s the only spot I’ve ever sat in in the many games I’ve seen there 

I hope this all works out, I’m rooting for SJSU success. 

Sweet. The official FCS announcement must be less than a year away. Thank god! 

27 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Sweet. The official FCS announcement must be less than a year away. Thank god! 

Saturday night. What a cool dude.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

hipster-clothing-skinny-jeans-2-206x300.

You go girl!!

13 minutes ago, Cincy said:

You go girl!!

LOL. Keep it up with the silly pants guy. Cuz I'm gay, or something.

But there is an underlying fact that seems to be presenting itself here. You and your bestie troll a message board on Saturday nights. 

Cool. Good for you. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

LOL. Keep it up with the silly pants guy. Cuz I'm gay, or something.

Lol, you’re gay?

1 minute ago, Cincy said:

Lol, you’re gay?

Anyone trolling an internet message board on a Saturday night in July shouldn't be LOL'ing other people. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Anyone trolling an internet message board on a Saturday night in July shouldn't be LOL'ing other people. 

Don’t be yelling at people for posting here on a Saturday night! Jerk! :P 

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Someone has his Peter Pan tights in a bunch. 

10 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

No-Seats-2019.jpg

Glad to see money invested in the program, but man that’s going to look AWFUL on TV the next year or two. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Someone has his Peter Pan tights in a bunch. 

Dude, you're such a winner. 

4 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Glad to see money invested in the program, but man that’s going to look AWFUL on TV the next year or two. 

Wait...Hoser plays on TV?  WTH

9 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Are you the guy who calls the other dude a gay while you’re sucking his D?