Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

“The Idaho way...”

BYW, in Boise this week and the green belt is even nicer than people on here describe. In the past few months I’ve been to Denver’s trail on the Platte, of course Reno’s, one in Mountain View, CA, Sacramento... this is by FAR the nicest. I wonder how Boise keeps its homeless away?

42 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

BYW, in Boise this week and the green belt is even nicer than people on here describe. In the past few months I’ve been to Denver’s trail on the Platte, of course Reno’s, one in Mountain View, CA, Sacramento... this is by FAR the nicest. I wonder how Boise keeps its homeless away?

Winter

The World Needs More Cowboys!

I puked when I read that

There's a reason Idaho ranks as one of thec5 worst in gender pay equity.

The homeless are around. There have been some camps they've been trying to address.

One of the Final Five..........

5 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Swing by the Capitol if you're not too busy today. There's a bike race event going on through the evening, with plenty of good food and beer within walking distance :cheers:

6 hours ago, mysfit said:

The homeless are around. There have been some camps they've been trying to address.

Not compared to anywhere else in the west except Utah.

Washington has 4 times the population as Idaho, but 10 times the homeless.

16B772A9-1CF2-4993-A1D8-72D11DFEB422.jpeg

10 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

We are not joking when we say we live in the best City in the West

Boise blows away any MWC city in quality of life, including San Diego 

Btw you only got the tip, not the whole dick.  6 months of the year you have the option of skiing the slopes in the local hill  or shooting 18 holes of golf.  25 minutes fron town there is elite world class white water rafting.  And that is just the metro.

14 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise only beats SD in the less traffic category, or that your reservoirs are better.  SD demolishes Boise in every other category but housing, which at this point is moving close to a push.  If you want to start adding Eagle, and Ada and Boise County recreation, SD County, to include Julian would be on the table.

Boise is great, but slow your roll here.

On 7/13/2019 at 11:14 AM, NevadaFan said:

That's easy, the people for sure.

On 7/13/2019 at 12:11 PM, mysfit said:

I puked when I read that

There's a reason Idaho ranks as one of thec5 worst in gender pay equity.

Alaska's more beautiful than any other state but homeless don't like to freeze to death, not sure what their problem is.

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Boise only beats SD in the less traffic category, or that your reservoirs are better.  SD demolishes Boise in every other category but housing, which at this point is moving close to a push.  If you want to start adding Eagle, and Ada and Boise County recreation, SD County, to include Julian would be on the table.

Boise is great, but slow your roll here.

Homie please, do you know what a finger steak is?  Fry sauce?

And no, housing is not even CLOSE to a push.  We start adding everything within a short drive of town and Boise MAULS SD.  You can catch a steel head off campus, ski the slopes and shoot 18 holes on a single day in B town.

San Diego has like a cool lego place and some abused animals in an aquarium.  Big Whoop.  

19 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We are not joking when we say we live in the best City in the West

Btw you only got the tip, not the whole dick.  6 months of the year you have the option of skiing the slopes in the local hill  or shooting 18 holes of golf.  25 minutes fron town there is elite world class white water rafting.  And that is just the metro.

How many snowboards mountains are close to Boise that are worth a damn?  The COL where I live is getting high and might start looking at alternatives.  

7 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

How many snowboards mountains are close to Boise that are worth a damn?  The COL where I live is getting high and might start looking at alternatives.  

Bogus is 40 minutes away. Tamarack is 1.5 hours. Brundage is 2. Baldy (Sun Valley) is three.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

On 7/13/2019 at 12:14 PM, NevadaFan said:

I wonder how Boise keeps its homeless away?

They are mostly contained in a two block area near the skate park, with the rest being dispersed in low key camps along the less trafficked areas of the greenbelt.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

What do you mean "getting high"? Are you talking about the cost of living or folks smoking dope?

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

What do you mean "getting high"? Are you talking about the cost of living or folks smoking dope?

The cost of living.  I'm pro weed.  People can do as they wish.  Property taxes just went up a bunch again. Had some pretty big life changes I wasn't expecting so the COL is definitely going up for me.