Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

This... this seems like a really, really, REALLY bad idea

Stretch those quads and prep that tinfoil hat!

Over 300,000 people have signed on to a Facebook event pledging to raid Area 51 in Nevada in a quest to "see them aliens."

The event, titled "Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us," is inviting users from around the world to join a "Naruto run" -- a Japanese manga-inspired running style featuring arms outstretched backwards and heads forward -- into the area.

"We can move faster than their bullets," the event page, which is clearly written with tongue in cheek, promises those who RSVP for September 20.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/11/us/alien-march-facebook-event-trnd/index.html

I mean, I want to write it off as a giant joke... but we live in a world where Donald Trump is President, so anything is possible. 

Might not be a bad thing. Maybe it'll actually come to fruition and the herd will be culled a little bit. 

Those guys don't +++++ around out there. Nor at the new one they have going up in Utah.

Yeah let’s not rush a military installation to see something that isn’t there.  We all know they moved it to Utah. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

Yeah let’s not rush a military installation to see something that isn’t there.  We all know they moved it to Utah. 

But the really good stuff is in the underground base in Dulce. 

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I mean, I want to write it off as a giant joke... but we live in a world where Donald Trump is President, so anything is possible. 

It started off as a joke, but now it’s taken off. I hope someone live streams this gaggle phuck. It should be pretty entertaining. Anyone want to come up with over/under on how many of these people end up getting lost in the desert?

2 minutes ago, sean327 said:

It started off as a joke, but now it’s taken off. I hope someone live streams this gaggle phuck. It should be pretty entertaining. Anyone want to come up with over/under on how many of these people end up getting lost in the desert?

Those will be the lucky ones, who can hopefully subsist off of barrel cacti and the occasional tortoise. For others, "Getting lost" could be the least of their problems in such an endeavour. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Those will be the lucky ones, who can hopefully subsist off of barrel cacti and the occasional tortoise. For others, "Getting lost" could be the least of their problems in such an endeavour. 

Yeah, “lost” can mean multiple things when it comes to this crazy idea.

6 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Way fewer than the number of idiots who believed trump was bringing their jobs back.

Just now, Orange said:

Way fewer than the number of idiots who believed trump was bringing their jobs back.

Dude, do you really have to fling your shit like a monkey in every damned thread? 

1 minute ago, Orange said:

Come on.  We aren’t even to the second page.  Not everything needs a trump or politics reference. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, retrofade said:

Dude, do you really have to fling your shit like a monkey in every damned thread? 

Just now, mugtang said:

Come on.  We aren’t even to the second page.  Not everything needs a trump or politics reference. 

Jinx, bitch!

14 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Yeah, “lost” can mean multiple things when it comes to this crazy idea.

We were rolling boulders off the side of a cliff by the new Utah one a few years ago, and a chopper came up on us and just sat there, the puff-the-magic-dragon looking machine guns trained on us. I thought we were going to get blown away. But after it was clear we were scared shitless, they flew off as if nothing happened. 

I've heard/seen a lot of other strange shit related to that place. Most of it's true, I assume. But that's where a whole ton of their fun and interesting shit is being conducted right now. 

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Are you +++++ing serious?

19 minutes ago, retrofade said:

OP's mother++++ing post.

How many times are you going to have to apologize to me for overreacting?

Just now, Orange said:

I was making a +++++ing joke. C'mon, if I were a time traveler that visited you 10 years ago from 2019, and you asked who the President was. Would you have believed me? No, your reaction would have been like this...

Which was the reference I was going for. That being said, a passing jocular mention of Trump doesn't mean that you need to make everything about politics. 

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

I was making a +++++ing joke. C'mon, if I were a time traveler that visited you 10 years ago from 2019, and you asked who the President was. Would you have believed me? No, your reaction would have been like this...

Which was the reference I was going for. That being said, a passing jocular mention of Trump doesn't mean that you need to make everything about politics. 

So you didn't "reference Trump"?

Just now, Orange said:

I did, and I even mentioned it. 

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Not everything has to be political... we're talking about hundreds of thousands of people potentially trying to rush Area 51. There's plenty of levity in making fun of them. My mention of Trump was to reference the absurd, which this whole idea is. But you can't just laugh at something, no, when Trump is mentioned you have to REE REE REE about it and shit all over every damned thread. I bet if I said that someone played a "trump card" you'd start throwing more shit all over the place.

1 minute ago, Orange said:

You had to have been sitting in a corner blowing yourself when God was issuing everyone a sense of humor.

7 minutes ago, Orange said:

OP's mother++++ing post.

How many times are you going to have to apologize to me for overreacting?

Not apologizing.  Retro didn’t make it about politics. 

Also, edited your post for inappropriate content.  :cheers:

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Not apologizing.  Retro didn’t make it about politics. 

Also, edited your post for inappropriate content.  :cheers:

No, your claim was thus:

12 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Come on.  We aren’t even to the second page.  Not everything needs a trump or politics reference

You don't even +++++ing read shit before you start in with me.  Fuck off.