Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

CBD Oil on the PGA Tour

Interesting article about the use of CBD oil on the tours; first with the Seniors and now increasingly on the regular circuit. 

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/27147006/golf-not-secret-fascination-cbd-oil

"A big reason the senior players are more open to discussing CBD use than their younger counterparts on the PGA Tour, however, is because they are not drug-tested in the same way as the under-50 crowd on the PGA Tour."

"I think everybody [on the Tour] was taking a wait-and-see approach," McCarron said. "They want to make sure it is legal and there is nothing in it. One of the things with the Tour, to their credit, they put out a statement saying it's not illegal to take this substance, but you better make sure you know what's in it."

I can't for the life of me understand why PGA tour members are drug tested at all, much less for marijuana.  What are the consequences of getting blazed before a round?  Too many snacks in your bag and lousy accuracy?

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

Curiosity and a friend had a bottle.  I wasn’t sure what to expect but didn’t notice any difference.

I don't know if you read the article but Scott McCarron and others seem to be using it as a sleep aid with very positive results for his quality of sleep. Which of course is important for the body's recovery process.

"I went and tried it about two weeks later when I went home. I measure my sleep with a device called WHOOP," McCarron said. "That's a sleep and strain device. Major League Baseball, NFL and Olympic athletes use the device. For the first time in about two years that I'd been wearing the device, I was taking the CBD oil, started on Monday and had sleep in the green, which is fantastic sleep, for seven days straight the first time I took this CBD oil at night to help me sleep."