Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mysfit

Post concussion syndrome

Has anyone dealt with this?

It's pissing me off. 5 weeks post accident still having issues. Tried going back to work half days that was a disaster. Got a headache that took me 4 days to get rid of and had a fall.

MRI today and getting in with the St Luke's concussion problem. But I'd like to know if anyone else has dealt with this.

Thanks. 🥴

One of the Final Five..........

Best of luck to you as you deal with it... and I can speak from experience and say that it's not fun at all. A little over five years ago, I was playing indoor soccer and long story short I bashed my head into the cinder block wall behind the goal. I don't know why it didn't have padding on it, but whatever. I was fortunate enough to have my boss let me work from home for two weeks, but I dealt with headaches and dizziness for the first couple of weeks, then it was just headaches after that. I finally started to feel somewhat back to normal somewhere in the 4-6 week range, as the headaches got less and less frequent.

You're being a far more responsible person than I am in going and getting an MRI. I probably should have gotten an one, but I felt like I was getting better, so I just ended up holding off. Hopefully they'll be able to help you out there, and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

27 minutes ago, mysfit said:

It's pissing me off. 5 weeks post accident still having issues. Tried going back to work half days that was a disaster. Got a headache that took me 4 days to get rid of and had a fall.

MRI today and getting in with the St Luke's concussion problem. But I'd like to know if anyone else has dealt with this.

Thanks. 🥴

Do you mind sharing how you received your concussion?

31 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Thanks. 🥴

Not personally, but I work with a few that have.  It seems very different from one person to the next.  I would say your frustrations are common in all I've seen.

Keep battling and you'll find the reason and then the relief.  Best of luck.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

I had two mild concussions in football practice my senior year of high school which I never went to the hospital (coaches took me out of practice after both concussions) and I had to deal with migraines every while in college.

It's going to take time to get back to normal and I hope @mysfit gets better soon.  Please be careful with the medication since my father had a history of concussions and that might have led him into a decade of drug addiction.

1 hour ago, Posturedoc said:

Do you mind sharing how you received your concussion?

MVA

I got t-boned. Headed east on Cherry going the speed limit of 45. At 11th there is a stop sign for N-S traffic. Along with signs warning cross traffic doesn't stop. Sedan on the right if me. About 100ft from the intersection she decided to proceed.....

I remember thinking shiiiiiit this is going to hurt and the next thing I remember is the sound of my front axle scraping the pavement. Bent the frames tore the wheel off. Didn't hit my head was more the shaken baby shearing force.

Had 2 previous concussions, soccer and another car accident 20 year ago. Neither took long to recover from.

This getting older crap has its pitfalls.

1 hour ago, mysfit said:

MVA

I got t-boned. Headed east on Cherry going the speed limit of 45. At 11th there is a stop sign for N-S traffic. Along with signs warning cross traffic doesn't stop. Sedan on the right if me. About 100ft from the intersection she decided to proceed.....

I remember thinking shiiiiiit this is going to hurt and the next thing I remember is the sound of my front axle scraping the pavement. Bent the frames tore the wheel off. Didn't hit my head was more the shaken baby shearing force.

Symptoms from “simple” concussion-related brain injuries generally resolve within 7-10 days. Symptoms beyond that indicate involvement of other related structures, primarily damage to the cervical spine. Auto crashes injure the spine. You have a history of both concussion and an acceleration-deceleration injury, in your case a past car crash, but impact sports like football produce similar injuries. These historical events vastly increased your potential for more serious injuries and symptoms in future traumatic events, so your current struggles aren’t really that unusual. *steps off podium*

I’m not trying to diagnose you, but given your history and the mechanism of your current injury, I’d be surprised if your problems don’t run much deeper than a simple concussion.

I’d like to refer you to somebody near you who might be able to help, but I need to know where you live. If it’s Boise, great, because several there are several excellent doctors in that area who could properly assess and address this. If you live elsewhere, then we’ll have to see who might be nearby. 

Please message me if you’d like to discuss this further. 

20 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

Symptoms from “simple” concussion-related brain injuries generally resolve within 7-10 days. Symptoms beyond that indicate involvement of other related structures, primarily damage to the cervical spine. Auto crashes injure the spine. You have a history of both concussion and an acceleration-deceleration injury, in your case a past car crash, but impact sports like football produce similar injuries. These historical events vastly increased your potential for more serious injuries and symptoms in future traumatic events, so your current struggles aren’t really that unusual. *steps off podium*

I’m not trying to diagnose you, but given your history and the mechanism of your current injury, I’d be surprised if your problems don’t run much deeper than a simple concussion.

I’d like to refer you to somebody near you who might be able to help, but I need to know where you live. If it’s Boise, great, because several there are several excellent doctors in that area who could properly assess and address this. If you live elsewhere, then we’ll have to see who might be nearby. 

Please message me if you’d like to discuss this further. 

Thank you.

I've been reading up on the whole post concussion syndrome issue and all the chemical changes and broken pathways and calcium oxalate crystals.....MRI was yesterday and the St Luke's concussion group will get back to me. They have various therapists, neuropsychologists and neurologists. I'll PM you if I'm not happy with how it's being addressed.

I'm in Meridian just outside Boise. I appreciate your thoughtful input. This is frustrating but I gotta do what's going to get me better with minimizing future complications. Like dementia and parkinsons.

5 hours ago, mysfit said:

Thank you.

I've been reading up on the whole post concussion syndrome issue and all the chemical changes and broken pathways and calcium oxalate crystals.....MRI was yesterday and the St Luke's concussion group will get back to me. They have various therapists, neuropsychologists and neurologists. I'll PM you if I'm not happy with how it's being addressed.

I'm in Meridian just outside Boise. I appreciate your thoughtful input. This is frustrating but I gotta do what's going to get me better with minimizing future complications. Like dementia and parkinsons.

I’ll post more about this later, but head injuries can damage your pituitary and hypothalamus glands which tell all the glands in your body what to do, how much hormones to make and a lot more. If this is not addressed, you will die young!!!

And the years left of life you have, the severe dysfunction will make you become a depressed, un-social person that’s always feeling terrible with headaches, fibermyalgia and can’t do much physical work because your body doesn’t recover well from it, heart problems, easily have strokes, diabetes, seizures, etc. You’ll be broke with all the constant medical treatment you’ll need to deal with symptoms, but not addressing the real problem. 

You almost certainly have AGHD (Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency) with a head injury like that. You’ll need to take easy and pain free shots of rGH, and while it ain’t cheap, a dose equivalent to your early 20’s with keep you looking and functioning around 15 or so years below your current age. It’s not a fountain of youth, but it definitely has anti-aging effects down to the cellular level. When I first took it, I had grey strands of hair, but virtually all the grey hair went back to brown. If I stop taking it for a while, it comes back. Some people didn’t believe me until I showed them some hair I pulled out that were half grey and half brown. When it went goes back to brown, there’s a rough little bump on the piece of hair. 

kat.jpg