Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Odd CNN exchange with a Republican Gubernatorial Candidate in Mississippi

3 hours ago, Orange said:

You realize this is basically the view of the Taliban, right?

3 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Is the Candidate religious? Because if he is, he shouldn't need her to have a man with her. He definitely won't be overwhelmed by nature and attack her.

If not, he should find Jesus.

3 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I know that every time I’m alone with a woman, it takes every ounce of my willpower not to pounce on her like a kitten on a ball of yarn. 

This is why I wear a chastity belt.

The issue isn't whether or not he can control himself.

The issue is if they are alone for 15 hours a day.  She can make any accusation she wants and the moron crowd will believe her without any supporting evidence.

It is the same reason a male doctor has a nurse in the room when he examines a female.    A male boss leaves his door open so his female secretary can be a witness when he meets a female employee.

The #metoo movement has just made what has been common sense for decades into something you are stupid to not protect yourself from if you are a male.

Guest #1Stunner
51 minutes ago, Orange said:

The +++++ does this have to do with American politicians refusing women a seat on the campaign bus?

Campaign Bus?   Is there a different incident of this? 

The linked story was the guy's pickup truck.

If someone is refusing women reporters (more than one) seats on a BUS, it seems indefensible.

3 hours ago, Orange said:

You realize this is basically the view of the Taliban, right?

They also had views that included destroying and desecrating "offensive" artwork and monuments, a policy, which, by your own admission, you are in full-throated support of. 

The whole thing is stupid and I'll tell you why. The candidate wanted the reporter to provide her own male chauffeur.

If she was all about setting him up for a bogus #MeToo allegation, why wouldn't the guy she brought be in on it, and just corroborate the allegation? The candidate would be even worse off with two lying people.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Campaign Bus?   Is there a different incident of this? 

The linked story was the guy's pickup truck.

If someone is refusing women reporters (more than one) seats on a BUS, it seems indefensible.

He's not refusing her a seat, he's saying she has to come with a dude.  That's a VERY big difference.

2 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

The issue isn't whether or not he can control himself.

The issue is if they are alone for 15 hours a day.  She can make any accusation she wants and the moron crowd will believe her without any supporting evidence.

It is the same reason a male doctor has a nurse in the room when he examines a female.    A male boss leaves his door open so his female secretary can be a witness when he meets a female employee.

The #metoo movement has just made what has been common sense for decades into something you are stupid to not protect yourself from if you are a male.

I missed the part where a politician's job is to poke around in a woman's vagina, dipshit.

Oh wait.  I guess in the South it is.

7 minutes ago, Orange said:

I missed the part where a politician's job is to poke around in a woman's vagina, dipshit.

Oh wait.  I guess in the South it is.

Again you can't discuss the real issue, all you can do is insult people who point out your ideas are foolish.

It isn't that he can't control himself.   It is that a woman can make any kind of allegation without proof they want and fools like you if they are republican will believe them despite any evidence or lack thereof.

15 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Again you can't discuss the real issue, all you can do is insult people who point out your ideas are foolish.

It isn't that he can't control himself.   It is that a woman can make any kind of allegation without proof they want and fools like you if they are republican will believe them despite any evidence or lack thereof.

I insult irredeemable idiots.  Like you.

Guest #1Stunner
5 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Look, in all seriousness, if a female student tried to do that to me, my job as an educator doesn’t end just because a student says something to offend me. Our conversation isn’t over until I at least try to make her see that this course of action doesn’t solve her problem, and that hurting others to get what you want is an evil thing to do.

If that doesn’t work, I’m protected just as much as she is. What she just said constitutes a threat and I am well within my rights to report her, which I would do immediately. If she’s willing to go to these lengths to extort me over a lower-division course grade, she obviously has some mental health issues that need to be addressed. Our campus provides these services free of charge, and a mental health professional would likely be able to diagnose and treat her. 

Also, if she really was out to get me because I didn’t hand her an A (community college students are typically not this entitled but for the sake of example), she doesn’t ever have to be alone with me in order to do it. She could just make the report. If she’s going to lie anyway, what’s the point?

Additionally, idk what you’re imagining when you picture a community college, but I definitely share my office in a crowded hallway used by at least 15 others. Theres no rich mahogany nor leather-bound books. There’s no way I could commit a sexual assault without witnesses. Open door meetings are the norm. A student would have to work really hard to get me into this situation (ask to meet late at night or somewhere off-campus), and the inconvenience alone would be enough for me to say no.

Finally, false accusations are exceedingly rare, especially if the accused and accuser had no prior romantic relationship. The idea that women commonly use them as a way to get what they want or to take revenge is as specious as it is sexist. The goofball in this video had nothing to worry about unless he cant keep his hands to himself, which, I’ll say again, is likely the reason for this “policy.”

The times we live in.

Hopefully we can avoid situations like this!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-jay-college-ex-students-lawsuit-claims-professors-had-a-swamp-of-sexual-harassment-for-undergrads

https://nypost.com/2019/05/14/john-jay-college-plans-to-fire-professors-over-sex-and-drug-scandal/

Someone is lying....but who?   

Looks like the school decided in favor of the 2 accuser Students, and fired the Professors.    the Police investigated and declined to pursue any charges.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

The times we live in.

Hopefully we can avoid situations like this!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-jay-college-ex-students-lawsuit-claims-professors-had-a-swamp-of-sexual-harassment-for-undergrads

https://nypost.com/2019/05/14/john-jay-college-plans-to-fire-professors-over-sex-and-drug-scandal/

Someone is lying....but who?   

Looks like the school decided in favor of the 2 accuser Students, and fired the Professors.    the Police investigated and declined to pursue any charges.

What do the students have to gain by making that up? I’m not denying that it’s possible, but come on. Most college students can’t even be bothered to remember their professors names let alone invent wild stories about them.

4 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

What do the students have to gain by making that up? I’m not denying that it’s possible, but come on. Most college students can’t even be bothered to remember their professors names let alone invent wild stories about them.

What do they have to gain.   Seems like someone could have a lot ot gain especially if they are mentally unbalanced to begin with.

1) maybe they want attention.

2) maybe they want people to feel sorry for them.

3) maybe they want money.

4) maybe they want special treatment.

5)  Maybe they are pregnant and need an excuse for their parents.

6)  Maybe they don't like the individual and want to cause him to lose his job.

7)  Maybe they have a political agenda.

CNN is making a mountain out of a molehill.

That said, if this guy is lying about his wife requiring him to vow to never have a woman alone with him in his truck, he's practicing gender discrimination. If it IS true his wife has made him vow to never have a woman alone with him in his truck, he's got a real problem with his marriage.

Boom goes the dynamite.

11 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I know that every time I’m alone with a woman, it takes every ounce of my willpower not to pounce on her like a kitten on a ball of yarn. 

This is why I wear a chastity belt.

Do you not think that there is a media vulnerability for either party if they are riding in a car alone together.  It isn't about what would actually happen, it's about being strategic for what could be said happened, regardless of merit.

I know a lot of folks with SO's who have thought twice when they go out of town for business with someone who isn't their SO.  Even if they know nothing would happen in a million years.

3 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

What do they have to gain.   Seems like someone could have a lot ot gain especially if they are mentally unbalanced to begin with.

1) maybe they want attention.

2) maybe they want people to feel sorry for them.

3) maybe they want money.

4) maybe they want special treatment.

5)  Maybe they are pregnant and need an excuse for their parents.

6)  Maybe they don't like the individual and want to cause him to lose his job.

7)  Maybe they have a political agenda.

1 and 2 require a pretty rare level of crazy. Plus, there are 2 students involved here. It would be easy to tell if they were lying by questioning them separately.

3 is ridiculous. Professors don’t have any money.

4 is possible but they’ve blown their endgame out of the water if that’s the case by taking it this far.

dna tests would take care of 5

6 is even crazier than 1 and 2. Leave a negative rmp review and move on. There would be other signs that these girls were unbalanced long before they invented a story to get 2 guys they only had to spend 48 hours of their lives with fired.

what political agenda could possibly be realized by getting a couple of criminal justice profs fired?

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Do you not think that there is a media vulnerability for either party if they are riding in a car alone together.  It isn't about what would actually happen, it's about being strategic for what could be said happened, regardless of merit.

I know a lot of folks with SO's who have thought twice when they go out of town for business with someone who isn't their SO.  Even if they know nothing would happen in a million years.

That’s pretty paranoid. Keep it professional and say “see you tomorrow” at the end of the day. Again, look at the data. Very few accusations turn out to be false especially with no prior romantic involvement.

1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

1 and 2 require a pretty rare level of crazy. Plus, there are 2 students involved here. It would be easy to tell if they were lying by questioning them separately.

Lots of crazy people in this world.   Go volunteer for an emergency room or ride around with a cop it will open your eyes child.

3 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

3 is ridiculous. Professors don’t have any money.

Schools who employ professors have money.

3 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

4 is possible but they’ve blown their endgame out of the water if that’s the case by taking it this far.

dna tests would take care of 5

People do things that get out of their control all the time.

5 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

6 is even crazier than 1 and 2. Leave a negative rmp review and move on. There would be other signs that these girls were unbalanced long before they invented a story to get 2 guys they only had to spend 48 hours of their lives with fired.

You live in a protected world don't you.  A professor teaching hundreds of teenagers is very vulnerable to all kinds of accusations.   No male teacher ever if they are smart is alone with female students.   They get accusations all the time.   Even in high school those teacher are accused yearly by their students and 99% of it is false.

7 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

what political agenda could possibly be realized by getting a couple of criminal justice profs fired?

They don't like the politicians stand on abortion.

Kavanaugh had 6 accusations alone based on nothing more than his political viewsl

12 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

That’s pretty paranoid. Keep it professional and say “see you tomorrow” at the end of the day. Again, look at the data. Very few accusations turn out to be false especially with no prior romantic involvement.

It may be paranoid, but if someone wants to play it safe so their SO doesn't have to wonder for even a slight second, or if the media doesn't get to suggest the slight possibility of any moral (or criminal) wrongdoing, then so be it. If women want to do business trips with just a woman for unrealistic "safety concerns", I also don't really care.