Jump to content
retrofade

Some wise words from Alexander Hamilton

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

@retrofade is an armband wearing, daily stormer subscribing, blood and soil Tumpanista; wtf are you guys talking about?

Shit, I've been discovered. Alex Jones and Sean Hannity embedded me here years ago so that I could infiltrate and then expose all of the libtards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Shit, I've been discovered. Alex Jones and Sean Hannity embedded me here years ago so that I could infiltrate and then expose all of the libtards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You’ve done good service to the cause, good Knight. But now you must be sacrificed so that you will become a Nathan Hale figure in the next revolution!

  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Hamilton is my least liked of the founders but I love him still. He did want to make European colonial monarchy with him as the head, but he would have been among the most benevolent people who ever wanted to do so.

I love Hamilton and now that you mention it, some of his views should really turn me off.  The Monarchy thing, his opposition to individual rights and specifically the bill of rights.

Yet he was an industrious little shit that came from nothing, to set the foundations of this countries economy.  He even setup the basic education curriculum for West Point which was founded after his death.  He had some success int he war but was an invaluable aide to George Washington would would have been half the man he turned out to be without Hamilton's aide.  

The Federalist papers which he wrote the majority of are a great achievement.  Even though he disagreed with an individuals right to bear arms his writings in the federalist papers explicitly state that was what was intended by the amendment.  He was as honest a writer of the federalist papers as a human could be.

He was also a poet who was able to leave St. Croix because of a letter he wrote describing a hurricane, motivated the local community to fund a scholarship for him at Kings College  (now Columbia University)

If Jefferson had got his way on economic issues this country would be a shitty little banana republic like those in South America.

https://historyplex.com/accomplishments-of-alexander-hamilton

As the First Secretary of the Treasury of the U.S.
Hamilton was one of the greatest contributors to the economy of the United States. As the first Secretary of the Treasury, he brought about significant changes in the economy. Many modern facilities, like credit creation, were introduced in the United States by him. In the year of 1789, he presented five extremely important reports before the United States that ultimately shaped its economy.

Two reports regarding public credit were presented in the House of Representatives. Another important reform that was integrated in the economy by Hamilton was a set of acts laying the regulations for the manufacturing industry and international trade and duties. He also initiated and supervised the establishment of the United States Mint. He stepped down from his position as the Secretary of the Treasury in 1795, securing the US economy and strengthening the federal government.

He was appointed as the Major General during the Quasi War from 1798 to 1800. He was the founder of the newspaper, New York Evening Post, which was founded in 1801.


Today, Alexander Hamilton is remembered as one of the greatest philosophers of the United States who laid the foundation for the nation's economy. His tombstone reads,

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I love Hamilton and now that you mention it, some of his views should really turn me off.  The Monarchy thing, his opposition to individual rights and specifically the bill of rights.

Yet he was an industrious little shit that came from nothing, to set the foundations of this countries economy.  He even setup the basic education curriculum for West Point which was founded after his death.  He had some success int he war but was an invaluable aide to George Washington would would have been half the man he turned out to be without Hamilton's aide.  

The Federalist papers which he wrote the majority of are a great achievement.  Even though he disagreed with an individuals right to bear arms his writings in the federalist papers explicitly state that was what was intended by the amendment.  He was as honest a writer of the federalist papers as a human could be.

He was also a poet who was able to leave St. Croix because of a letter he wrote describing a hurricane, motivated the local community to fund a scholarship for him at Kings College  (now Columbia University)

https://historyplex.com/accomplishments-of-alexander-hamilton

As the First Secretary of the Treasury of the U.S.
Hamilton was one of the greatest contributors to the economy of the United States. As the first Secretary of the Treasury, he brought about significant changes in the economy. Many modern facilities, like credit creation, were introduced in the United States by him. In the year of 1789, he presented five extremely important reports before the United States that ultimately shaped its economy.

Two reports regarding public credit were presented in the House of Representatives. Another important reform that was integrated in the economy by Hamilton was a set of acts laying the regulations for the manufacturing industry and international trade and duties. He also initiated and supervised the establishment of the United States Mint. He stepped down from his position as the Secretary of the Treasury in 1795, securing the US economy and strengthening the federal government.

He was appointed as the Major General during the Quasi War from 1798 to 1800. He was the founder of the newspaper, New York Evening Post, which was founded in 1801.


Today, Alexander Hamilton is remembered as one of the greatest philosophers of the United States who laid the foundation for the nation's economy. His tombstone reads,

 

I see him personality wise as a kind of peacetime bureaucratic Napoleon. Brilliant, scheming, clever, and industrious to a fault. We were lucky to have him, and luckier still to not have had more or less of him than we got.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

I see him personality wise as a kind of peacetime bureaucratic Napoleon. Brilliant, scheming, clever, and industrious to a fault. We were lucky to have him, and luckier still to not have had more or less of him than we got.

You're probably right, he was very very good at everything he did and who knows what he would have accomplished had he lived longer.

 

The founder i dislike is Jefferson.    Really don't like that guy, i find him a dilettante, who's accomplishments are few and way over rated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I see him personality wise as a kind of peacetime bureaucratic Napoleon. Brilliant, scheming, clever, and industrious to a fault. We were lucky to have him, and luckier still to not have had more or less of him than we got.

That's how I've come to view him as I'm reading through his various papers and letters... he and Thomas Jefferson were excellent foils for each other in George Washington's cabinet, and then as the country moved on from the first President. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Hamilton is my least liked of the founders but I love him still. He did want to make European colonial monarchy with him as the head, but he would have been among the most benevolent people who ever wanted to do so.

That claim is incredibly overblown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

You're probably right, he was very very good at everything he did and who knows what he would have accomplished had he lived longer.

 

The founder i dislike is Jefferson.    Really don't like that guy, i find him a dilettante, who's accomplishments are few and way over rated.

That's an interesting perspective. Jefferson is the founder whose views you seem to most closely align with, and Hamilton's views on their surface are ones that you would dislike. 

  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sean327 said:

I think putting @retrofade in the same clown car as @Rocket and @Orange is highly unfair. He's probably one of the few true moderates on this board. I find myself agreeing with him about 40% of the time. The other two blithering idiots? 0%.

From the board blowhard.  Tell me again, were you in the military?  Because I can't quite remember, you never talk about it....

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, retrofade said:

That's an interesting perspective. Jefferson is the founder whose views you seem to most closely align with, and Hamilton's views on their surface are ones that you would dislike. 

Yeah, I know.   I do align with Hamilton on economic issues though.

 

I think of Jefferson as someone not all that talented.   He was rich and if he wasn't he would have done nothing in life.   He was a coward as evidenced by his time as governor of Virginia during the revolutionary war.  His wealth of course declined steeply during his life.  And his only real accomplishment that I can point to is his writing of the declaration of independence.   Well I guess the Louisiana purchase but that was something he did seemingly in contradiction to his stated beliefs to that time.   Something by  the way Jefferson couldn't have done without economic and banking systems Hamilton is responsible for.   I have a hard time liking Jefferson.

 

I just really admire Hamilton's talent.  His story, and his success.   Like I said he was an industrious and talented little shit that took on all challengers.  Maybe he shouldn't have taken on Burr though!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

Yeah, I know.   I do align with Hamilton on economic issues though.

 

I think of Jefferson as someone not all that talented.   He was rich and if he wasn't he would have done nothing in life.   He was a coward as evidenced by his time as governor of Virginia during the revolutionary war.  His wealth of course declined steeply during his life.  And his only real accomplishment that I can point to is his writing of the declaration of independence.   Well I guess the Louisiana purchase but that was something he did seemingly in contradiction to his stated beliefs to that time.   I have a hard time liking Jefferson.

 

I just really admire Hamilton's talent.  His story, and his success.   Like I said he was an industrious and talented little shit that took on all challengers.  Maybe he shouldn't have taken on Burr though!

You realize he was an immigrant, right?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×