Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluerules009

Tulsi Gabbard podcast

31 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I like Tulsi, can’t support her agenda and policy takes.  My stance on her has changed in that regard but still think she’s intriguing to listen to.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time reconciling my life-long policy positions with my strong desire for character and integrity.  Tulsi has dipped her toe in some partisan political shyt in the past week or two, where I thought she'd jump the high road to the low road.  While she stayed high, I felt she pulled over and thought about taking the exit towards the low road.  That bothered me.  I'm cutting her some slack.  She's young and it's got to be harder than hell to stay high.  But we've got a long way to go yet.

I actually tossed her a small contribution to help her make the 3rd debate.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

38 minutes ago, azgreg said:

I saw that she is one of 14 who have already qualified for the 2nd debate.

I like her because I believe her to be honest and she’s not interventionist as she understands the cost of war.  Although I do have some serious policy differences with her on things but I could vote for her anyway, if she became the Dem nominee, despite those disagreements.  I think she would enter negotiations for her policy priorities in good faith and work to find common ground solutions. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I "fawn" over her because I like her foreign policy the best of any of them, and that's really what a President should be concerned with, not naming shithouses in post offices in Des Moines or whatever it is they usually concern themselves with. 

I don't like many of her domestic policies, but that's more of a Congress thing not a personal fiat thing. 

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Who, in your opinion?

Off the top of my head, I'd go with Beto, Klobuchar, Yang, Bullock, Moulton, and Adm. Sestek. Bullock got into the race too late, Moulton and Sestek got into the race WAY too late though. A lot of Yang's proposals are really smart, but too radical for the American public right now. 

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Off the top of my head, I'd go with Beto, Klobuchar, Yang, Bullock, Moulton, and Adm. Sestek. Bullock got into the race too late, Moulton and Sestek got into the race WAY too late though. A lot of Yang's proposals are really smart, but too radical for the American public right now. 

You are joking right?

Seriously?  

I would consider voting for Yang and I like his ideas but he is as far from TG on issues as Trump is.   Trump also wants to keep us out of foreign wars is he the same as Yang and TG?

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

25 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

You are joking right?

Seriously?  

I would consider voting for Yang and I like his ideas but he is as far from TG on issues as Trump is.   Trump also wants to keep us out of foreign wars is he the same as Yang and TG?

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Hey dumbass, you really need to pay attention to context.

LNVU7HE.png

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

There's more than a few of the Democratic candidates who share those characteristics though... but y'all fawn over Tulsi.

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Who, in your opinion?

32 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yeah, the question was about character and integrity, not their political stances. 

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Hey dumbass, you really need to pay attention to context.

LNVU7HE.png

Yeah, the question was about character and integrity, not their political stances. 

What information do you have on the character and integrity of all those people?

That is even more ridiculous.    

2 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

What information do you have on the character and integrity of all those people?

That is even more ridiculous.    

What information does @pokebball or anyone else have on the character and integrity of Tulsi or anyone else. I'm going off of what I've seen from and read about the ones I mentioned, just like all of us have to do in these scenarios. 

angry james corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

What information does @pokebball or anyone else have on the character and integrity of Tulsi or anyone else. I'm going off of what I've seen from and read about the ones I mentioned, just like all of us have to do in these scenarios. 

angry james corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I don't know ask him.

I deal in stated positions on issues.

I don't guess from propaganda what someone is like character wise and integrity wise.  That is your realm so I will leave it to you.

23 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I don't know ask him.

I deal in stated positions on issues.

I don't guess from propaganda what someone is like character wise and integrity wise.  That is your realm so I will leave it to you.

That is what I was responding to, and then you tried to change things around to further your obsession with attacking me for damn near everything that I say. That says a whole lot about you, and nothing about me. As far as character and integrity go, I pay attention to the actions and inactions, along with stated positions of people in order to determine those traits. Nothing is going to be perfect in that realm though, and we all know it. Ultimately though, it's not my problem that your reading comprehension skills are so thoroughly lacking. 

seth meyers lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers