Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokebball

Happy Birthday Wyoming

7 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

@Joe from WY is that the Cowboy Bar in Meeteetse? In a different lifetime, I remember going to dinner with an associate there...bullet holes in the roof if I remember correctly!

Yes. That's the one. I heard it's gone the way of the buffalo though...a shame. 

cowboy-bar-courtesy01.jpg

Let's not for get to be respectful and grateful to our host with whom we displaced and put in a little concentration camp.

Sitting in Wyoming's Wind River Basin in the "Valley of the Warm Winds" is the Wind River Indian Reservation. The seventh largest reservation in the United States, it encompasses more than 2.2 million acres and is home to the Eastern Shoshone and Northern Arapaho tribes.

Happy Birthday!

33 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Let's not for get to be respectful and grateful to our host with whom we displaced and put in a little concentration camp.

Sitting in Wyoming's Wind River Basin in the "Valley of the Warm Winds" is the Wind River Indian Reservation. The seventh largest reservation in the United States, it encompasses more than 2.2 million acres and is home to the Eastern Shoshone and Northern Arapaho tribes.

Happy Birthday!

That Res was a thing long before Wyoming was a state.  

Always trust the govt to do the right thing!...we should also tell that to the nice folks who had evrything taken from them and were forced to live at Heart Mtn for a while too.

7 hours ago, Rocket said:

Happy Birthday!

I mean, my ancestors were in Wyoming well before the Northern Arapaho were (you might want to read some history before you get high and mighty). 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

8 hours ago, happycamper said:

I mean, my ancestors were in Wyoming well before the Northern Arapaho were (you might want to read some history before you get high and mighty). 

Haha who was that? Vikings? lol

15 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

That Res was a thing long before Wyoming was a state.  

Always trust the govt to do the right thing!...we should also tell that to the nice folks who had evrything taken from them and were forced to live at Heart Mtn for a while too.

The concentration camp was put there by western settlers, the same people making Wyoming a state, what are you even saying right now?!?!  I hope you're not suggesting some settlers had their stuff taken from them equals ethnic cleansing, murder, rape and theft.

15 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

Perhaps it's time to get the fridge and overstuffed recliner off the front porch to spiff up the place a bit.

Who's to blame for that?

9 hours ago, Rocket said:

The concentration camp was put there by western settlers, the same people making Wyoming a state, what are you even saying right now?!?!  I hope you're not suggesting some settlers had their stuff taken from them equals ethnic cleansing, murder, rape and theft.

I am sure the early days of your state did it much better....and to show that, all you need to do is erase the history which liberals are good at. 

10 hours ago, Rocket said:

Haha who was that? Vikings? lol

Germans, actually. Again, might wanna read some history

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.